sfran43

Monday's Numbers

Son dragged me to JW2.

I was pleasantly surprised considering my low expectations.

Easily my 2nd fave JP movie after the classic original.

I really dislike the rest.

I never understood why JW was a runaway hit.

Kind of wish JW and JW2 could switch box office numbers.

I2 goes over $350M on Monday, 7th fastest to that mark having $360.2M DOM after 11 days.

#6 is TA with $373M after 10 days. ($380.9M after 11 days)

#8 is RO with $358M after 13 days. ($318.1M after 11 days)

FWIW, Top 5 fastest are

TFA - 6 days

IW 8 days

BP 9 days $368M

JW 9 days $364M

TLJ 9 days $350M

It's likely to hit 400M on day 15 keeping it at 7th fastest to that mark also between TA (14 days) and RO (16 days)

• Like 6

4 hours ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

I’m definitely sure JW3 will be another $1B-grosser in the JP-franchise. Cause so far right now.....only 2 (will soon be 3) of 5 JP has made over $1B+ WW. Only TLW & JP3 did not get there.

Adjusted for inflation I think TLW would be a billion dollar movie or at least really close to it. 

• Like 1

Was at the theater tonight to rewatch Ocean's 8 and it was popping. Kept running into friends too lol (they were seeing Solo and Jurassic World haha). Legit I don't think I've ever seen my theater so crowded, but tbf if my Ocean's 8 showing was sold out except for the front row, I can't imagine how the Incredibles and JW theaters were looking

10 hours ago, baumer said:

As to what you said thrylos, I didn't like the movie, at all.  I do think it it will get about a 2.5X, maybe 2.6.  I don't think it will get to 400 and I didn't think it would after seeing it.  It's not nearly as light and fun as the first one.  

I'm just saying I'm not going to make a judgment call on it because of one bad Monday.

As someone who is meh on the first one, I agree. I don't know why Hollywood always thinks sequels have to be darker. No one wanted a dark Jurassic Park movie. IMO one of the reasons I2 is doing well is because it's as light if not lighter than the first one. That's my opinion tho

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sfran43 said:

Ok, I was genuinely racking my brain trying to figure out what the 5 movies are that Gitesh is talking about because I don't remember 5 other animated movies grossing 400m. So I went to BOM and I see, Toy Story 3, Finding Dory, Shrek 2, and Frozen. Thats only 4 movies. Is Gitesh, dare I say it, counting Avatar as a animated film?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, eddyxx said:

Ok, I was genuinely racking my brain trying to figure out what the 5 movies are that Gitesh is talking about because I don't remember 5 other animated movies grossing 400m. So I went to BOM and I see, Toy Story 3, Finding Dory, Shrek 2, and Frozen. Thats only 4 movies. Is Gitesh, dare I say it, counting Avatar as a animated film?

Including re-releases, Lion King reaches $422M

• Like 1