sfran43

Monday's Numbers

9 minutes ago, baumer said:

No, just Thrylos.  He hates it and has been poopooing it since the beginning.  

So you think that it will have good legs ? The Monday number seems terrible to me and clearly indicative of its legs, not that I had any doubts after seeing the film but this just reinforces my belief. Anyway more numbers will come in the upcoming days and then the huge second weekend drop will make these arguements redundant. The 4th of July will be this film’s last hurrah before AATW comes and decimates it completely.

Even the fact that it’s actual weekend was lower than universal’s estimate should be alarming but some people were so caught up with the silly “under 100 million ow” that missed the point. Not much more to say, let the numbers speak...

Edited by Thrylos 7
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

Just now, Thrylos 7 said:

So you think that it will have good legs ? The Monday number seems terrible to me and clearly indicative of its legs, not that I had any doubts after seeing the film but this just reinforces my belief. Anyway more numbers will come in the upcoming days and then the huge second weekend drop will make these arguements redundant. The 4th of July will be this film’s last hurrah before AATW comes and decimates it comepletely.

Even the fact that it’s actual weekend was lower than universal’s estimate should be alarming but some people were so caught up with the silly “under 100 million ow” that missed the point. Not much more to say, let the numbers speak...

r11f4sh.jpg

• Like 2

Certainly not a great hold - was hoping for at least 16, but you have to give a film at least 10 days to really shows how legs are going to go.

That drop does make getting to 400M a little more difficult.

The audience numbers on sites that provide them aren't particularly great, so we'll have to see if they are a correct indicator or not.

• Like 6

Just now, Thrylos 7 said:

So you think that it will have good legs ? The Monday number seems terrible to me and clearly indicative of its legs, not that I had any doubts after seeing the film but this just reinforces my belief. Anyway more numbers will come in the upcoming days and then the huge second weekend drop will make these arguements redundant. The 4th of July will be this film’s last hurrah before AATW comes and decimates it comepletely.

Everything is terrible to you.  You have said it yourself over and over again.  You think IW had terrible grosses on some days.  You think Deadpool had terrible sequel retention.  And JW2's opening weekend is terrible.  You look at the box office differently than I do.  The Monday number is lower than I expected but you cant't make a snap judgment on something after one monday or even the second weekend.  I don't think it gets to 400 million that's for sure.  This is not getting the same kind of frenzied WOM the last one had.  But there are all kinds of reasons as to why it might have fallen more than expected on Monday.  I won't judge it based on it's first Monday.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, baumer said:

No, just Thrylos.  He hates it and has been poopooing it since the beginning.  

Legit question, why is he constantly allowed to do that? Did he donate $1,000 to the forum? I've seen members get a time out for much less. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

Just now, baumer said:

Everything is terrible to you.  You have said it yourself over and over again.  You think IW had terrible grosses on some days.  You think Deadpool had terrible sequel retention.  And JW2's opening weekend is terrible.  You look at the box office differently than I do.  The Monday number is lower than I expected but you cant't make a snap judgment on something after one monday or even the second weekend.  I don't think it gets to 400 million that's for sure.  This is not getting the same kind of frenzied WOM the last one had.  But there are all kinds of reasons as to why it might have fallen more than expected on Monday.  I won't judge it based on it's first Monday.

At this point, i think he just likes to say that everything is bad. I dont get that attitude at all and especially with IW, it seemed/seems very trollish to me, but when he truly thinks like that - well then. Good thing nobody at Universal cares, since they're busy counting those millions of dino dollars :lol:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, baumer said:

So we agree on the basic “this won’t get to 400 million” , the rest is semantics. And no, not everything is terrible for me, the Deadpool run was quite nice (where did I even say that Deadpool did terrible for a sequel, I have been seeing many weird statements about me lately like how I predicted “under 100 million ow for JW2” which NEVER happened ), I2 has  done great for an animated film e.t.c 

After watching the film I immediately wrote that this will see a huge drop in the U.S and have terrible legs , that’s about it. 

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

Legit question, why is he constantly allowed to do that? Did he donate $1,000 to the forum? I've seen members get a time out for much less. 

Allowed to do what exactly ? Hating terrible films ? Not making personal insults, like many forum posters do ? 

• Like 8

JW1 fell 4% on 1st Tue. I hope Tue grows 4-6% this time around.

15.6 (+5.5%)

12.0 (-23%)

11.0 (-8%)

17.1 (+55%)

22.2 (+30%)

16.7 (-25%)

= 56 (-62.1%)

Edited by a2k
  • Like 5

I was already thinking high 50s to 60m for 2nd weekend, still seems about right.  But even with a drop like that I still have the movie getting close to if not just past 400m dom.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Allowed to do what exactly ? Hating terrible films ? Not making personal insults, like many forum posters do ? 

Sure you're a looked to hate but you're thread crapping in every thread JW:FK is mentioned. You're a nuisance. @Ethan Hunt was more mature at 15 than you are now. Get a life. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Just now, MattW said:

I was already thinking high 50s to 60m for 2nd weekend, still seems about right.  But even with a drop like that I still have the movie getting close to if not just past 400m dom.  

Seems like that would be a pretty big drop for a weekend without big competition or loss of IMAX screens though.

• Like 1

Someone has had to become the new Tree (minus the racism of course :) )....

Its a number - not good or bad. Also, Tuesday will be stronger as will Saturday (in comparison to JW1) - but the Friday won't be more than 10% higher / lower than Tuesday.

I am keeping my eye out on the pattern that has emerged since 2015.

Also for whatever reason this board thrives on strong (and I don't mean positive) personalities - always has been, part of the much freer attitude than the ol' BOM days. Sometimes it nice, other times - well....

• Like 1

Just now, Bishop54 said:

Sure you're a looked to hate but you're thread crapping in every thread JW:FK is mentioned. You're a nuisance. @Ethan Hunt was more mature at 15 than you are now. Get a life. 

Yeah I will post my opinion on JW2 in every thread it is mentioned because to me it is bottom of the barrel blockbuster film making. Sorry if that offends you. As for the personal insults, I pity people who resort to them and actually give me a smile.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, a2k said:

JW1 fell 4% on 1st Tue. I hope Tue grows 4-6% this time around.

15.6 (+5.5%)

12.0 (-23%)

11.0 (-8%)

17.1 (+55%)

22.2 (+30%)

16.7 (-25%)

= 56 (-62.1%)

JW's Monday - like all Mondays of record-breaking Films - was a tad inflated by spillover. And whats also important to remember is the fact that the bigger the Tuesday attendance is, the lesser the effect of discount Tuesday becomes, resulting in decreases or only very small increases.

Spillover shoudnt exist for JWFK and discount Tuesday have become only bigger in the last 3 years. So i do expect a jump in the 7-12% region.

• Like 2

Also - I don't get the doom and gloom with an upper 50s/low 60s drop??? This can't be compared with JW due to father's day and the normative story of record breakers.... All it is doing is probing itself average at best - which is what most sane folks expected. Still dropping here in sync with the rest of the world.

• Like 2