sfran43

Monday's Numbers

1 minute ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Yeah I will post my opinion on JW2 in every thread it is mentioned because to me it is bottom of the barrel blockbuster film making. Sorry if that offends you. As for the personal insults, I pity people who resort to them and actually give me a smile.

And you wonder why some folks think you are a troll - bring the drama down a notch buddy, all it does is make you appear like a dog chomping at the bit.

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Yeah I will post my opinion on JW2 in every thread it is mentioned because to me it is bottom of the barrel blockbuster film making. Sorry if that offends you. As for the personal insults, I pity people who resort to them and actually give me a smile.

Its funny how you give every poster here good reasons to put you on the ignore list with literally every post you make lol. And its even funnier that you dont seem to understand why that is the case ;)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Also - I don't get the doom and gloom with an upper 50s/low 60s drop??? This can't be compared with JW due to father's day and the normative story of record breakers.... All it is doing is probing itself average at best - which is what most sane folks expected. Still dropping here in sync with the rest of the world.

I do think FK's drop is being underplayed because pretty much everyone expected a massive drop off. That doesn't change a massive drop off from being a massive drop off though. I mean it's possible FK might have the biggest drop in admissions of any direct sequel this decade besides the dreaded Alice 2. A 370-380 total would put it around the -50% mark, right in Transformers 5 territory. Yes, it hit the high end of its OW tracking and some of us were very wrong about how bad we thought it might do, but it's not exactly looking like a great DOM performance either. 

• Like 6

Come on guys....

@Thrylos 7 can say whatever he wants about the film.  He thinks it's going to have shit legs and that the opening wasn't as good as it should have been.  You can disagree with him but don't start insulting him or tell him to grow up.  All opinions are welcome here even if you disagree with them.

As to what you said thrylos, I didn't like the movie, at all.  I do think it it will get about a 2.5X, maybe 2.6.  I don't think it will get to 400 and I didn't think it would after seeing it.  It's not nearly as light and fun as the first one.  

I'm just saying I'm not going to make a judgment call on it because of one bad Monday.

• Like 13

7 minutes ago, narniadis said:

And you wonder why some folks think you are a troll - bring the drama down a notch buddy, all it does is make you appear like a dog chomping at the bit.

6 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Its funny how you give every poster here good reasons to put you on the ignore list with literally every post you make lol. And its even funnier that you dont seem to understand why that is the case ;)

I personally think he can be grating at times, but his opinions are still just opinions.  I don't think he's trolling.  He just doesn't think it's going to have a good multiplier.  He hated the movie and thus is expressing his opinion.  We shouldn't jump at him because he feels differently than many of you do.  

I speak from experience.....  #FTSBF  :) 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

I personally think he can be grating at times, but his opinions are still just opinions.  I don't think he's trolling.  He just doesn't think it's going to have a good multiplier.  He hated the movie and thus is expressing his opinion.  We shouldn't jump at him because he feels differently than many of you do.  

I speak from experience.....  #FTSBF  :) 

I give most folks wide latitude - just trying to help him see what other's find annoying. Also yes #FTSBF :D

@MovieMan89 - I don't think the film is being underplayed so much as that the true hugeness of JW1 is not being given enough respect. It is still going to be a big drop off - to the point of almost feeling like the 80s and 90s - but the film is still going to come down on or just under the low-end of most of our reasonable expectations once the marketing kicked in. It is hard (for me) to judge how well a film does until I see marketing and I myself never felt it was more than a 400/tops film (400/1.1b being the comment I made a few weeks back.)

Differing opinions I guess.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Im...lost. What does this mean? I feel like i really shoud know it...??

Baumer hated Dory so much in 2016 that he created his own hashtag...

"f" the stupid blue fish....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Baumer hated Dory so much in 2016 that he created his own hashtag...

"f" the stupid blue fish....

Either that or he wants bestiality.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

On the one hand, that's an absurdly good Monday drop. On the other hand, the only other Pixar movie to hold that well on its second Monday had one of the worst third weekend drops of all (MU). Though its third weekend was right after the 4th, so not a good comp. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

On the one hand, that's an absurdly good Monday drop. On the other hand, the only other Pixar movie to hold that well on its second Monday had one of the worst third weekend drops of all (MU). Though its third weekend was right after the 4th, so not a good comp. 

1 minute ago, raulbalarezo said:

ezgif-1-895e596e1b.gif

Guys, just click the link.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1