WrathOfHan

Box Office Theory's Top 50 Horror Movies (2018): Details and Submissions

Sent mine by PM! 

Films that just missed out on my top 50:  Child’s Play, Green Room, Don’t Breathe, Cloverfield, Sinister, Cabin in the Woods, Happy Death Day and Get Out. 

I decided I haven’t watched those newer films enough times to be certain, although they’re all fantastic.

Child’s Play I swapped for one of its sequels ;)

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Just an FYI: I've gotten lists with Grindhouse and Planet Terror on them. I'll just be using Grindhouse unless anyone objects; Planet Terror votes will be converted into Grindhouse.

Yeh I think I just listed Grindhouse, plus I prefer Death Proof ;) 

But that’s a good idea 

• Like 1

The deadline is in just over 3 days! Stealing this list from @chasmmi:

@Jason @DAR @IronJimbo @Brainbug @matrixdmath5 @Daxtreme @4815162342 @Jake Gittes @Pandamia! @filmlover @Morieris @JamesCameronScholar @Slambros @Rorschach @Blankments @CoolioD1 @aabattery @MrPink @grim22 @Ethan Hunt @Porthos @Spagheditary @DeeCee @Wrath @Jandrew @Cmasterclay @Kalo @AndyLL @Jayhawk @Jay Hollywood @franfar @Water Bottle @Chewy @#ED @Empire @Fancyarcher @TalismanRing @captainwondyful @kayumanggi @Sam @The Futurist @Noctis @redfirebird2008 @RichWS @ddddeeee @K1stpierre @Ozymandias @a2k @The Stingray @Lordmandeep @MovieMan89 @Claire of Themyscira @tribefan695 @DAJK @Gopher @ElastiRoc @chasmmi @JJ-8 @Spidey Freak @YourMother the Edgelord @Arlborn @Nova @RobrtmanAStarWarsReference @cookie @grey ghost @lilmac @Jack Nevada @James @RandomCat @ChipMunky @elcaballero @MCKillswitch123 @angeldelmito @CaptainJackSparrow @Captain Craig @baumer @cannastop @75Live @Goffe @Tower @Napoleon @rukaio101 @Michael Gary Scott @POTUS @Walt Disney @darkelf @ChD @ShouldIBeHere @SchumacherFTW @Eevin @Alpha @Fullbuster @Mattrek @AJG @Webslinger @Kalderic @boomboom234 @vc2002 @Valonqar @Mulder @Blaze Heatnix @Shawn @sfran43 @Biggestgeekever @Thanos Legion @MrGlass2 @cax16 @Darth Lehnsherr @TLK @ACSlater @trifle @Exxdee @misafeco @Barnack @Ithil @StevenG @Finnick @Rebeccas @FantasticBeasts @CoolEric258 @Sheikh @Boxofficerules @KeepItU25071906 @LonePirate @titanic2187 @Olive @ZeeSoh @Jim Shorts @Mekanos @raulbalarezo @The Fast and the Furiosa @m3racer123 @That One Guy@SchumacherFTW 

• Like 6
  • Astonished 1

Dawn Of The Dead (1978): One of the biggest tonal shifts in any sequel, going from a dark horror to a black comedy. This does cause some completely idiotic actions, but it did manage to be entertaining overall, and has good characters.

Pi (1998): I'm not sure about the premise, but I liked style and it worked well regardless.

The Sixth Sense (1999): I had the twist spoiled for me already which was a shame, but even so this film is clearly brilliant and is going to be really high on my list.

• Like 2

Damn you for mentioning me @WrathOfHan i completely forgot that i already send you the list i even posted it on Page 1 here, because of my countdown. So i just spend the last half an hour making a list for essentially no reason :WHATanabe:

Edited by Brainbug
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

5 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Damn you for mentioning me @WrathOfHan i completely forgot that i already send you the list i even posted it on Page 1 here, because of my countdown. So i just spend the last half an hour making a list for essentially no reason :WHATanabe:

lol shit sorry about that. You're list has been on file for a few days now :hahaha: 

2 hours ago, Dr Loomis baumer said:

I think everyone should submit a list.  Doesn't matter what you have seen or haven't.  Just do what you can.

ughhh fine if baumer says it is law

I will send a list of 40 films

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Some stats now that I have ten lists in:

The number one film has changed with basically every list. For a time, the #1 film wasn't the top film on any of the lists submitted. It's still towards the top, but nobody has put it at #1 yet.

Several movies in this year's Top 100 haven't made many appearances on lists so far. Extending it to the top 250, more either haven't appeared or are only on one or two lists.

One slasher franchise definitely has more films on the list than others right now.

There's one horror film from the past 3 years that has been making a stronger showing than I anticipated. In the words of Palpatine, it's a surprise to be sure, but a welcome one. Likewise, there's also a horror movie from the past 3 years that has made a weaker showing than I expected so far.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 4

1. The Silence of the Lambs (1991)

2.Aliens

3. Jaws (1975)

4. Alien (1979)

5. The Sixth Sense

6. Les Diaboliques

7. Psycho (1960)

8.Rosemary's Baby

9. The Babadook

10. The Conjuring