WrathOfHan

Box Office Theory's Top 50 Horror Movies (2018): Details and Submissions

I still have about ten lists left to score, and I'm working at 8 AM tomorrow. The list won't begin tonight unfortunately, but it'll definitely start tomorrow night (ideally around 6:30-7PM eastern but no promises). I will say this: there are 9 movies that could be the #1 film. Right now it's pretty close between five movies, but the other four aren't significantly far behind. It's going to be a very tight race! 

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 5

Alright, I just have one more list to score and have to make my own, then the list will be ready. I will say that the number one film is locked in and nothing I do can change that (well I could pull some fuckery to get #2 in first, but I prefer the film that's #1 🤫)

10 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Alright, I just have one more list to score and have to make my own, then the list will be ready. I will say that the number one film is locked in and nothing I do can change that (well I could pull some fuckery to get #2 in first, but I prefer the film that's #1 🤫)

:stop: You should have made your list before tallying the votes.  :chaplin:

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

Not that my opinion on horror is worth more than anyone else's but I just felt compelled to share this.  I do consider JAWS a horror movie and it would obviously be number one on my list.  I didn't include Jaws or Jaws 2 on my list because I would have JAWS as number one on almost all lists when it comes to movies.  I kept it off not realizing so many others were going to include it...if I had known it would be getting so much horror movie cred, I'd have it at number one.  JAWS 2 would have been top 50 as well.  Both are terrifying films that scarred me as a kid.

Scoring is DONE. I'll get the countdown thread up and running in a few minutes! Here is my list:

1.      The Silence of the Lambs

2.      Alien (1979)

3.      Rosemary’s Baby

4.      The Shining

5.      Black Swan

6.      Scream (1996)

7.      The Exorcist

8.      The Sixth Sense

9.      The Texas Chain Saw Masacre (1974)

10.  Diabolique

11.  Psycho

12.  Aliens

13.  mother!

14.  28 Days Later

15.  Halloween (1978)

16.  The Witch

17.  The Conjuring (2013)

18.  The Conjuring 2

19.  From Dusk till Dawn

20.  Shaun of the Dead

21.  Zombieland