That One Girl

BOT Revisiting: Top 25 Movies of 2008 | Deadline - September 7 | Read the eligibility rules...Ethan Hunt taking over...send lists to him

My list:

1. the dark knight - this is a masterpiece, best SH movie ever, one of the most influential modern movies, any other #1 win would be undeserved (yes, fuck Pixar and their robot in love) 

2. wanted - this is so stupid and I love every second of it. Prime Jolie, Rising McAvoy, Morgan Freeman in SLJ mode 

3. iron man - RDJ for the win

4. taken - they won't make them like this anymore

5. mama mia/high school musical 3 - fight me.  

I honestly don't remember anything else from that year and absolutely abhor the Oscar winner and nominees. TDK should have swept all the awards. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 2

Just a few reminders: you must PM your list to me in order for it to count and it must have at least 15 films.  Also if a film didn’t get its theatrical release in the US in 2008 but is labeled as a 2008 release on IMDB/Wikipedia/Letterboxd etc., then it doesn’t count.  I already had a list that had Taken on it, which would be a choice for a 2009 list should it happen.  Other films like The Hurt Locker will also not count.  For films labeled as other years that count as 2008 releases for this list, please refer to my original post

• Like 2

Rough list at the moment (will PM when finalized)

1. In Bruges

2. Che

3. The Dark Knight

4. Frost/Nixon

5. WALL-E

6. Burn After Reading

7. Milk

8. The Brothers Bloom

9. Iron Man

10. Tropic Thunder

11. Forgetting Sarah Marshall

12. RocknRolla

13. Doubt

14. Body of Lies

15. The Wrestler

16. Valkyrie

17. Let the Right One In

18. Vicky Cristina Barcelona

19. Slumdog Millionaire

20. Role Models

21. The Bank Job

22. Hellboy II: The Golden Army

23. Kung Fu Panda

24. Pineapple Express

25. Rachel Getting Married

• Like 6

Going to wait another week.  Grimm and Tele had it in the main forum a month before the due date.  Grimm has asked me to wait until at least the beginning of August.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1