aabattery

***SPOILERS***SPOILERS*** ANT-MAN AND THE WASP SPOILER THREAD ***HERE BE SPOILERS***YE WHO ENTER SHALL BE SPOILED***INFINITY WAR SPOILERS ALLOWED

Like the handling of Ghost, Goliath, and Janet, hope we see more of all of them moving forward.       

Was expecting 1-2 characters dusted, not 3, but I guess that explains why no one but Ant-Man has much of an A4 role :hahaha:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Like the handling of Ghost, Goliath, and Janet, hope we see more of all of them moving forward.       

Was expecting 1-2 characters dusted, not 3, but I guess that explains why no one but Ant-Man has much of an A4 role :hahaha:

An interviewer asked about this and 4vengers shooting at the same time and Reed's answer was along the lines of "We had to juggle Rudd's schedule but otherwise it was fine"

I was like, uh, why you spoiling your movie pal

• Like 2

Okay, so...

Hank and Hope want to use the Quantum Tunnel to find Janet.  It turns out that they only have a two hour window where everything is aligned correctly, otherwise they'd have to wait a century.

Ava/Ghost wants to cure her condition (she has weeks to live) and is prepared to kill Hank and Hope to steal the lab/Quantum Realm equipment.

Burch realizes the Quantum Tunnel technology is a goldmine and wants to sell it.  Hope simply can't talk about it yet because she needs to find her mother.

These goals are not out of sync.  Hank can save Janet, then come back and cure Ava, and then finally everyone can talk business with Burch and decide whether they want to sell the tech or not.  (And it's not like Hank is even needed -- if he were to die, Ava is shown to be capable of using the equipment herself.)

But for some reason everyone's trying to kill each other?  Because they can't wait, like, 24 hours?

Edited by The Dark Shape
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, iHeartJames said:

They were really planting alot of stature seeds for Cassie and since its already confirmed they cast an older cassie I really wonder what year Avengers 4 takes place

Spoiler

They travel through time in 4vengers using the Quantum Realm, a huge chunk of the set pics were Ant-Man and Tony showing up in the 3rd act battle from Avengers 1

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

That was in the first official trailer...Interesting how they basically spoil the post credit scene like that, lol.

Because we didn't know it was a post credits scene. Didn't BP have a post-cred scene in the trailer too? 

Point is, without a context, scenes mean nothing. They don't spoil unless we know what exactly they spoil. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

On 6/27/2018 at 10:58 PM, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Apparently it’s the large Ant from before playing the drums.

That sounds like the best Marvel middle finger since Cap in Homecoming.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2018 at 11:19 AM, AJG said:

That sounds like the best Marvel middle finger since Cap in Homecoming.

Lol it totally is. And at the very end with the "Ant Man and the Wasp Will Return" bit, they slowly had a question mark appear. Bastards!:hahaha:

Probably my only problem with the film was that the Accords continued to be contrived bullshit and having Scott get chewed out for two hours gets a bit tiresome. It's hard to take seriously when Tony broke them in Civil War and nothing happened, and T'Challa went zooming around South Korea blowing cars up and, again, nothing happened. So basically if you signed the Accords you could continue to do whatever the fuck you wanted, but if you didn't you'd better watch out. 🙄 And then of course in IW they're irrelevant because no one's following them, so like, what was the point (to break the Avengers up, I know. Contrived bullshit, like I said).

But other than that it was very fun and obviously pretty different in a few ways from the first one since it wasn't a heist. It was cool Luis and the gang still had a way to be in it without being forced and I liked how they came to the rescue at the end and that it solved the issue of their business going under. And Luis! His storytelling bit was so perfect and having them give him the truth serum was inspired, everyone was sitting there like, dude, worst person to give that to and try to get info out of lmao.

I'm glad Ghost and Foster weren't evil and Foster drew the line at her kidnapping Cassie. I thought she might be more sympathetic due to the origin in the comic not being an outright baddie (afaik?) and it'd be great to see her back and being able to control her powers without them causing her pain and killing her. Scott going to get more healing quantum matter or whatever at the end shows that it's still an ongoing thing and she isn't fully fixed, so maybe she could join the gang in the third one? Pretty please? It can be called Ant-Man, The Wasp, and Ghost. 👍

Speaking of Scott going back into the Quantum Realm, I now have so many questions about how he's going to get back to the normal world. Talk about bad timing with the finger snap. My friend said the drum-playing ant would save him and while I don't quite think so, that would be pretty amazing. 🤣 And Janet temporarily taking over Scott's body and the way they played it was funny and touching. Janet was great in general as well but doesn't show up until the end so she doesn't have a ton to do. The family stuff was front and centre again though as usual, which is always nice. This time there was Scott and Cassie, Janet, Hank and Hope, and Bill and Ava, so I liked that a lot. It was also good to see Cassie's mother and stepdad (can't remember their names) being on good terms with Scott unlike the last one, at least he had some people in his corner.

The way they played with the sizes was fun as well, the bit with Scott being shrunk down and Hope having a laugh at his expense was hilarious and the way his regulator was fucking up and making him go huge and child-sized brought some good variety. And thankfully Hope wasn't cranky throughout the whole film like people were worried about. I was so happy to see a lot more of her in this since she really did have an equal role to play and got to kick a lot of ass - probably more than Scott but he got his fair share of moments as well.

• Like 4