aabattery

***SPOILERS***SPOILERS*** ANT-MAN AND THE WASP SPOILER THREAD ***HERE BE SPOILERS***YE WHO ENTER SHALL BE SPOILED***INFINITY WAR SPOILERS ALLOWED

3 hours ago, RealLyre said:

For people who saw it

How does the humor compare with Deadpool 2?

Also is Hawkeye in this :ph34r:

Haven't seen DP2 so I can't comment on that, but no, Hawkeye isn't in this.

20 hours ago, Gamora said:

And thankfully Hope wasn't cranky throughout the whole film like people were worried about. I was so happy to see a lot more of her in this since she really did have an equal role to play and got to kick a lot of ass - probably more than Scott but he got his fair share of moments as well.

Peyton Reed, you sexy beast you

• Like 1

good mv..hilarious..much better than the 1st part ..big crowd pleaser...

apart from the lead characters,,,cassie,lius and jimmy woo stood out....audience reaction is very good....should do well OS..

i missed mid/post credit scenes coz my friends got impatient....what were the scenes?

Edited by CoolK

11 minutes ago, CoolK said:

good mv..hilarious..much better than the 1st part ..big crowd pleaser...

apart from the lead characters,,,cassie,lius and jimmy woo stood out....audience reaction is very good....should do well OS..

i missed mid/post credit scenes coz my friends got impatient....what were the scenes?

End credit scene showed the giant ant playing the drum, no real substance, more like SM:H end credit where Cap cheekily told you sometimes patience gives you no rewards.

Mid credit scene is important.  It showed Scott got into a mini Quantum tunnel built by Hank and Janet to retrieve some quantum elements for the healing of Ghost, but was trapped inside because Hank, Janet and Hope failed to get him out in time because all three of them got "ashed" away, which you should understand if you watched AIW.

• Like 2

Cool movie, lots of fun. I'm actually feeling guilty for watching it for free ( free tickets ), so I might be paying to see it again eventually. lol

That being said, I agree about the comment regarding the lack of villain. There's no real villain in this movie. Foster isn't a bad guy, Ghost is just a victim trying to survive. 

Lots of claps and laughs. Overseas numbers will be great for this. Ant-Man 3 can't come faster.

16 hours ago, justvision said:

End credit scene showed the giant ant playing the drum, no real substance, more like SM:H end credit where Cap cheekily told you sometimes patience gives you no rewards.

The thing I noticed about that scene was the tv on the test pattern.

Apparently Thanos snapped all the tv technicians out of existence.

• Thanks 1

I wasn't the biggest fan. It was alright, Marvel's formula still works, but this felt like the bare minimum of what Marvel should be putting out. It was entertaining enough, humour landed sometimes, and I like the smaller scale. 

But at the same time a lot of the humour didn't land, I wasn't really concerned at all for any of the characters, not only because you can pretty much suspect who is/isn't going to come out of this alive, but mostly because the movie doesn't really build any character or relationship arcs throughout the movie. Everyone's at the same place at the end of this movie than they were at the end of the first Ant-Man... except for Michelle P of course

But then again, I liked BP less than most people, and my friend I saw this with really really liked it, so I'm sure wom will be fine for this. It isn't bad by any means, but isn't anything special. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, kitik said:

that mid-credit scene bummed some people out

big crowdpleaser otherwise

I really hope Captain Marvel has a much more uplifting post-credits scene.

I definitely think the Captain Marvel one will be more hopeful and get us in the right mood for the impending defeat of Thanos. B)

• Like 2

Wow, I was expecting this to be well-done B tier filler like the first Ant-Man, but it was actually really great with a ton of well executed emotional and humorous beats.       

I don’t think it cracks IW, TWS, CW, IM1, GOTG1 tier for me, but at the moment I’d put it up there with Ragnarok and BP in tier 1.5. And if you told me when BP came out that it might be my third favorite MCU film this year I’d have called you a maniac.     

Also, huge reaction from the crowd at the first post-credits.

I have so many feelings about Cassie.  She's always been one of my favorite Marvel superheroes.  I'm SO EXCITED for Stature and the other Young Avengers.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

I have so many feelings about Cassie.  She's always been one of my favorite Marvel superheroes.  I'm SO EXCITED for Stature and the other Young Avengers.

Favorite MCU characters:  

1)Cap  

2)Cassie    

Would not be shocked if I had to switch that up in a decade.           

Also, I feel having no real “villain” worked pretty well. Much better than, say, Yellowjacket. The best way to not have your villain pale in comparison to Thanos is to sidestep the issue entirely, and I think it works for the story they wanted to tell, which was really about families (Scott+Hope+Cassie, Scott+Cassie+Maggie+Jim, Scott+Luis+Dave+Kurt, Bill+Ava, and of course Hope+Hank+Janet+Scott).   

Very heartwarming... until, y’know.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 4

This one is so much better than the first. The fact that there's no villain is a GOOD thing. The fact that everyone (other than Goggins, who's barely a char) is motivated by trying to help other ppl is great. I was fully expecting Larry Fish to be a villain and I'm so glad he wasn't

There's too much monologuing (MORE THAN ONE scene where ppl explain things to chars tied to chairs, jesus) and some of the humor is a miss but this thing is colorful and fun and has its own identity. Thumbs up

• Like 8

29 minutes ago, Chewy said:

The fact that everyone (other than Goggins, who's barely a char) is motivated by trying to help other ppl is great.

This felt SO refreshing and SO on point for the Ant-Man series.  Halfway through the movie, I was daydreaming about Ava and Hope being BFFs.  I'm ReADY for them all to be a team in Ant-Man 3.

I could've also watched another 30 minutes of Cassie and Scott playing in the fort.  Best scene in the movie.

• Like 2