aabattery

***SPOILERS***SPOILERS*** ANT-MAN AND THE WASP SPOILER THREAD ***HERE BE SPOILERS***YE WHO ENTER SHALL BE SPOILED***INFINITY WAR SPOILERS ALLOWED

15 hours ago, nick64 said:

Imagine you were flipping a coin 10 times, and it was rigged so that you were guaranteed 5 would be heads. If the first 4 were tails, it is no longer a 50% chance of being heads for the remaining 6. Their individual chances becomes 1/6 or 16.7%. It has to meet the 50% outcome overall.

Uhhh... you flip a coin 10 times.  The 1st 9 times is heads.  The 10th time is still 50/50.

2 minutes ago, AndyLL said:

Uhhh... you flip a coin 10 times.  The 1st 9 times is heads.  The 10th time is still 50/50.

My hypothetical said it was rigged so five were guaranteed to be head. Just an attempt to explain the 50% of the population being wiped. I know in a normal situation a coin toss is always 50/50. Was clearly a poor example if it didn’t register though, so carry on.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

Thanks for linking me. 

I wanted to see more of the cellular level and sub atomic/Quantum level scenes. The first movie had the really cool long sequence. The one in this one didnt feel as great as that one. The one scene with the tardigrades was awesome but too short for me. I would have prefered if they had shown/explored more of these shrunken worlds. 

I also wanted more scenes with ants like in the first movie. The scenes in the first movie with a shrunken Scott training and then working with ants were awesome. 

For these 2 reasons I think I prefer the first one over this. I still liked this one, it was funnier and the action sequences were better then first one though (especially the car chases)

• Like 1

On 7/6/2018 at 6:22 AM, Chewy said:

This one is so much better than the first. The fact that there's no villain is a GOOD thing. The fact that everyone (other than Goggins, who's barely a char) is motivated by trying to help other ppl is great. I was fully expecting Larry Fish to be a villain and I'm so glad he wasn't

There's too much monologuing (MORE THAN ONE scene where ppl explain things to chars tied to chairs, jesus) and some of the humor is a miss but this thing is colorful and fun and has its own identity. Thumbs up

finally saw this today, so only now a full month and a half after the fact do i get to make fun of you for abbreviating characters to chars twice in one post.

• Like 2

It was a fun little side-quest to IW but.....

- Really wanted more Hank/Janet flashbacks. Janet was wasted and then dusted

- More quantam realm scenes were needed

- FBI and Walton Goggins crew were terrible. I think Ghost was cool and should've got more screen time. Glad shes' probably coming back for the next one. 

- Dusting Hope in the post credits scene is an odd choice. IW mid-credits tie-in just didn't fit in general especially followed by the post credit scene.

Humor was 50/50 overall. Lots of gags didn't land for me and went on too long. Probably put it on par with the first movie (haven't re-watched it recently though)

Edited by EarlyDeadlinePredictions