aabattery

***SPOILERS***SPOILERS*** ANT-MAN AND THE WASP SPOILER THREAD ***HERE BE SPOILERS***YE WHO ENTER SHALL BE SPOILED***INFINITY WAR SPOILERS ALLOWED

2 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

And if you told me when BP came out that it might be my third favorite MCU film this year I’d have called you a maniac

Well, there are only 3 MCU movies this year, so third favourite is actually the bottom. Unless your mean past one year, which will then include Thor:R and SM:H.

4 minutes ago, justvision said:

Well, there are only 3 MCU movies this year, so third favourite is actually the bottom. Unless your mean past one year, which will then include Thor:R and SM:H.

No, I do mean least favorite this year. I was just loathe to phrase it that way because I loved BP.

Wouldn't it be great if Luis survived the snap, Scott told him about the experiment, and Luis just went to him five min after that post credits scene and got him out? i'm just sayin maybe it doesn't set up avengers 4 at all ~

• Astonished 1

Just saw it again and I loved Scott pointing out that sunglasses and caps aren't disguises and they that just look like themselves at a baseball game. So very meta being that that's what all the Avengers wear when they're on the run. All they were missing were some hoodies.  :lol:

Also:

• Like 6

The strength of ants relative to their size, I wish the giant, enlarged ants helping Hank and Hope had done something outlandish to demonstrate their strength. That was the one aspect I liked a bit more in the first one. Ants of all shapes, sizes and types were integrated into the narrative in clever, fun ways. Otherwise, big smile. Good time. Audiences will love it. Legs should be pretty impressive.

• Like 2

I adore this movie. So heart-warming and I especially loved that there wasn't a real villain and that heroes want to help Ghost. I think it'll have a terrific WOM especially among families cause it teaches kids to be compassionate. Also, ants. :wub:

That said, even though I was spoiled ahead of time, daaamn. Seeing Hope get dusted off was just :sadno:. All 3 but her especially cause fans assumed she and Scott would be in quantum realm and thus protected. 

3 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

That said, even though I was spoiled ahead of time, daaamn. Seeing Hope get dusted off was just :sadno:. All 3 but her especially cause fans assumed she and Scott would be in quantum realm and thus protected. 

I had been actively wishing for a month that Scott got dusted and Hope was gonna be in A4.  So I'm not gonna lie, that was a HUGE MOOD KILLER.  I screamed in the theater.

That said, Janet mentioned how "Don't Stay In There Too Long Or It Messes With Time" so I suspect THAT is the real hook for A4.

Edited by captainwondyful

49 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

I had been actively wishing for a month that Scott got dusted and Hope was gonna be in A4.  So I'm not gonna lie, that was a HUGE MOOD KILLER.  I screamed in the theater.

That said, Janet mentioned how "Don't Stay In There Too Long Or It Messes With Time" so I suspect THAT is the real hook for A4.

Indeed. Scott is gonna play a pivotal role. That ties in with rumors about time jump (Older Cassie casting). 

On 7/5/2018 at 7:31 AM, Darth Lehnsherr said:

I just love how the Ant-Man franchise at its heart is about a relationship between a father and a daughter. 

I'd only quibble by making it plural. Its about two fathers and two daughters.

"Could you stop daydreaming about my daughter and go do this?" Hah.

1 hour ago, captainwondyful said:

Yeah. People liked the movie and were into it, but when the "dusting" happened, the audience went nuts. The theater was instantly filled with a mix of screams of anguish (a lot of people really love Hope, and there's no question she was way more badass than Scott in this one) and people shouting "OH, SHIT!".

Edited by Wrath
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, captainwondyful said:

I take it you successfully avoided the Avengers 4 set pics that have been all over the net :sparta:

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

was that his reaction to "is paul rudd dead"

It's his reaction to "is paul rudd in infinity war pt 2?"

Btw, love that they're calling the totally not a part 2 a part 2 in one of their marketing videos. I know it's autocomplete or whatever but still. FOOLING NO ONE.

• Haha 1