sfran43

Thursday's Numbers:

16 minutes ago, Giesi said:

I didn‘t expect I2 to keep it‘s over 10M streak alive. By Sunday it will have 16 consecutive days over $10M, which movie helds the record?

Avatar and Force Awakens tied with 17 days I think.  Though technically TFA should get 18 days with its opening thursday counting as a whole day over $10m, Avatar did 3.6m in midnights.

So Incredibles should be matching TFA since it also made over 10m with its previews.  

Edited by MattW
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, MattW said:

Avatar and Force Awakens tied with 17 days I think.  Though technically TFA should get 18 days with its opening thursday counting as a whole day over $10m, Avatar did 3.6m in midnights.

So Incredibles should be matching TFA since it also made over 10m with its previews.  

the last jedi and RO was at 18 days, if by your standard of preview on thursday, 19 days it will be

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

the last jedi and RO was at 18 days, if by your standard of preview on thursday, 19 days it will be

Duh, I didn't even look at them assuming since they did so much less than Ep7 they would have fewer days, but the schedule obv gave them the advantage.  18/19 days it is.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MattW said:

Duh, I didn't even look at them assuming since they did so much less than Ep7 they would have fewer days, but the schedule obv gave them the advantage.  18/19 days it is.

One thing were both beat EP7:hahaha:

So I2 is just the fifth film to do 17 days over $10M and the first non Christmas film to do it (TLJ, RO 18d and TFA and Avatar 17d) I guess EP IX, Avatar 2-5 and TLK are the only films that have a shot at that in the next few years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

is Jack Jack going to overtake Jurassic this weekend? 

No. Incredibles 2 had a great Thursday hold but the gap is still too wide for it to catch up. 

Edited by Nova

9 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

It's only a 13% gap.... 

A 13% gap is low when the numbers are low but as the numbers get higher, the gap in terms of numbers widen and then a 13% gap stops being “only” a 13% gap. With the numbers that both films are expected to make that 13% gap becomes $5-6M+ if you assume Incredibles 2 makes $46M (that number becomes higher if I2 makes $50M+) so yea the gap is too wide for I2 to overtake JW2 this weekend. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 1