sfran43

Thursday's Numbers:

1 hour ago, MattW said:

Avatar and Force Awakens tied with 17 days I think.  Though technically TFA should get 18 days with its opening thursday counting as a whole day over $10m, Avatar did 3.6m in midnights.

So Incredibles should be matching TFA since it also made over 10m with its previews.  

In fact, the record seems to be on TLJ and RO, with 18 days (19 counting thursday previews). TFA 3rd monday was under 10M (Jan 4th), and TLJ-RO 3rd monday were over 10M (Jan 1st and Jan 2nd respectively). 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sfran43 said:

So coming out of the weekend JP:FK will be knocking around $260m+ and a small run to $300 after that. 

Is the ceiling $375m or can it get to $400m?

I just saw it today. It's very competent and enjoyable. I didn't see the glaring politics in it that some commentaries have alluded to and I went in looking. 

If you like these dino films and haven't seen it yet for 'x' reasons I say go and enjoy. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

What the hell is going on with that Bandstand film??

fell 99% on Tuesday, fell a further 65% on Wednesday then increased 250,000% (!?) on Thursday.

Surely a mistake?? Lol no idea what it is

Which movie is that?

3 hours ago, Krissykins said:

#8 on the Thursday chart. 

“Bandstand The Broadway Musical”

lol ok I see it now on mojo.  Yeah that’s crazy what’s up with that.

18 minutes ago, BK007 said:

Just realized Overboard is being fudged to $50m since last Friday...why and how. Is there even any movie it can steal from?

For the why, $100M and $200M is not the only round number with a monetary value for a studio.

Some television deal shift the movie in a different category at $50M amount for a movie that made between 10-49.99m at the dbo than one that went over, including some latin american and asian one, some VOD/PPV also, DirectTV, etc....

How that a good question.