sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals - JW: $60.91M - I2: 46.42M - Sicario: $19.00M - Uncle Drew: $15.24M

9 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

where is movie "there is no ceiling to how well incredibles can hold this weekend" man89? i told him it'd drop over 40% he just laughed at me.

Movieman has a habit of mocking people and making outlandish statements and then conveniently disappears for periods of time.

• Like 11

8 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Tuesdays have definitely become the cap for Friday business.... an interesting barometer to keep on eye on. 

Had hoped that JW2 would touch 18 and make 60m a lock but oh well. 

last week you mentioned sats getting bigger. 35%+ for jw2 on sat won't surpise me. i2 jumped 30% on 2nd sat after a 10% bump from true Friday in ow. jw2 had a 15% bump from true Friday last week. hoping for high 30s bump this time around.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, baumer said:

Movieman has a habit of mocking people and making outlandish statements and then conveniently disappears for periods of time.

Actually many people have that habit only instead of disappearing when they are proven wrong they just write “everybody knew that x thing would happen” even though they were predicting the opposite a few months/weeks ago. I am not talking about you, obviously, but one look at a few threads even in the first page is enough.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, baumer said:

He just doesn’t know how to admit that he’s wrong. I mean I troll sometimes and sometimes poke fun at folks but when I get it wrong, I actually admit that I’m wrong. I know other members who do the same: admit when they’re wrong. It’s different though to mock others and troll then when you’re wrong, not admit that you’re wrong. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, baumer said:

All schools in Canada (high school, not post secondary) run until the last week of June every year.  I know his because my teacher friends are ready to pull their hair out every year during the last two weeks of June.  :sparta:

How awful. Our last day was May 11.

13 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

deadpool is more or less having the same run as suicide squad.

If only it could have surpassed it domestically or WW though 

:sparta:

Still hoping for a $730M-$740M finish for DP2 though. 

1 minute ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I was expecting a slightly better drop for I2. Like 38-40%.  Thinking I over estimated I2's legs and that the people who were expecting more front loading were correct.

It seems like it’s performing like a typical MCU CBM to me. Which I admit I didn’t think would happen. I didn’t expect it to perform like an animation movie and it’s weekdays show that but I really thought it would do better legs wise. It’s gross is going to be fantastic though but was just hoping for a slightly better run. 

11 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Actually many people have that habit only instead of disappearing when they are proven wrong they just write “everybody knew that x thing would happen” even though they were predicting the opposite a few months/weeks ago. I am not talking about you, obviously, but one look at a few threads even in the first page is enough.

Well, not to be all stoic, but I'm not one of those people.  This place is supposed to be fun.  You make a prediction and then you are effusive about it, if you end up being wrong, the best thing to do is have fun with it.  We're all here because we love movies.  When I'm wrong, I embrace it and never run from it, because ultimately, you can't hide from what you said.  And people respect you more when you own up to your bad predictions.  

• Like 10

11 minutes ago, Nova said:

It seems like it’s performing like a typical MCU CBM to me. Which I admit I didn’t think would happen. I didn’t expect it to perform like an animation movie and it’s weekdays show that but I really thought it would do better legs wise. It’s gross is going to be fantastic though but was just hoping for a slightly better run. 

Oh yes the gross will be great and the total is not remotely disappointing but I did, wrongly, believe that it would perform more like an animated film than a regular Superhero movie.  Eh, I'm not afraid to admit that I was wrong.

• Like 1

Jurassic World:

17.4M (+53%)

23.5M (+35%)

17.6M (-25%)

58.5M Weekend, 60% drop

Incredibles:

13.6M (+36%)

18.4M (+35%)

14.7M (-20%)

46.7M Weekend, 42% drop

Sicario:

7.5M

6.7M (-10%)

4.8M (-28%)

19M Weekend

Uncle Drew:

6.1M

5.9M (-3%)

4.4M (-26%)

16.4M Weekend

Ocean's 8:

2.4M (+64%)

3.2M (+33%)

2.3M (-29%)

7.9M Weekend, 31% drop

Tag:

1.7M (+60%)

2.3M (+33%)

1.7M (-28%)

5.7M Weekend, 31% drop

• Like 1

For all of you who are disappointed in the legs of I2, just remember that it destroyed the OW record for animation.  Imagine if it would have opened more reasonably, say 140 million.  Then give it 4X and you get 560 million.  Voila.  

• Like 12

33 minutes ago, baumer said:

I have a habit of not posting as much when there's not much activity going on here, just like everyone else. I literally haven't "disappeared" for any notable period of time from posting here since I don't know when, so I can say you are completely talking out of your ass on this one. Especially since you saw me outright admit I was wrong multiple times in last weekend's thread multiple times. Seriously, after all the times you're wrong and don't make any big deal out of it, you're the last one to be making comments like this. Especially since there's been many stretches this year where you haven't been active here. Am I supposed to say you were "disappearing" because of your wrong predictions? You fall into this trap of making mildly dick-ish comments towards one poster or another far too often, and I really don't get it since I know overall that's not your M.O. here. But you don't always have to have someone to antagonize you know, it's cool just to have fun here and take it for what it is. 

• Astonished 1

29 minutes ago, Nova said:

He just doesn’t know how to admit that he’s wrong. I mean I troll sometimes and sometimes poke fun at folks but when I get it wrong, I actually admit that I’m wrong. I know other members who do the same: admit when they’re wrong. It’s different though to mock others and troll then when you’re wrong, not admit that you’re wrong. 

For example, i only managed to get him to say he was wrong about JW2's opening because i tagged him non-stop so that he woudnt have a choice. I admit i was pretty salty there, but i just dont like the habit that you are describing here very well. When i predicted 700M+ DOM for TLJ even after its first week, i ate crow instantly, when it was obvious that it woudnt get there,

And its not like that is difficult. Its literally 1 simple post.

• Like 2