sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals - JW: $60.91M - I2: 46.42M - Sicario: $19.00M - Uncle Drew: $15.24M

I mean it's to I2's overall benefit numbers-wise that it's behaving like a CBM rather than an animated one, considering the usual cap on what animated films can make in the US.  It would never have opened as high as it did if it played like an animated film.  But then you can't expect a movie to open like a CBM and then play out like an animated one.  

Given that I2 is playing more like a comic book film, how much are people anticipating AM&TW to affect it next weekend?

Just now, That One Guy said:

Remember when MovieMan left for multiple months when Rogue One was an event?  That was fun.

He'll be back in time to predict A Star is Born over Wreck-It Ralph 2 or something else crazy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JB33 said:

I'm with you guys: I'll take really cold over really hot. I HATE heat! It makes me crabby. Lately here in Calgary it's been anywhere between 15 and 20 degrees which is perfect for me, especially when there's a bit of a cool breeze.

Like baumer said, unless I'm on vacation I always dread the dog days of summer (late July, August). I also prefer non-summer weekends with the big Friday and Saturday jumps.

Cold all the way. I live in an area with very mild summers/winters, but sometimes get stuck with Juneuary.

Friend of mine moved toCAlgary for school and said she couldn’t handle the winter there

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

For example, i only managed to get him to say he was wrong about JW2's opening because i tagged him non-stop so that he woudnt have a choice. I admit i was pretty salty there, but i just dont like the habit that you are describing here very well. When i predicted 700M+ DOM for TLJ even after its first week, i ate crow instantly, when it was obvious that it woudnt get there,

And its not like that is difficult. Its literally 1 simple post.

No, you got me to admit I was wrong the moment it made 150m on OW. Of course I wasn't going to admit I was wrong off of that preview or even OD, there were still many ways it could have gone. You don't know box office if you don't know that. I'm not hounding you for saying it would go 500+ total, which is even more of a wrong prediction than anything I ever said about it, so what's up dude? 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 2

Just now, Sal said:

I mean it's to I2's overall benefit numbers-wise that it's behaving like a CBM rather than an animated one, considering the usual cap on what animated films can make in the US.  It would never have opened as high as it did if it played like an animated film.  But then you can't expect a movie to open like a CBM and then play out like an animated one.  

Given that I2 is playing more like a comic book film, how much are people anticipating AM&TW to affect it next weekend?

I'm surprised people are surprised Incredibles 2 is playing more like a comic book movie than an animated one. The original movie had by far the weakest multiplier for a Pixar film at the time of release (and that was back in 2004 when movies were much less frontloaded), and when you factor in this one being a long-awaited sequel...

As for Ant-Man's impact next weekend, it'll probably drop around 50% like most movies will.

Just now, filmlover said:

I'm surprised people are surprised Incredibles 2 is playing more like a comic book movie than an animated one. The original movie had by far the weakest multiplier for a Pixar film at the time of release (and that was back in 2004 when movies were much less frontloaded), and when you factor in this one being a long-awaited sequel...

As for Ant-Man's impact next weekend, it'll probably drop around 50% like most movies will.

Nah, it's probably dropping 40% again because of double features (unless BP gets them)

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Nah, it's probably dropping 40% again because of double features (unless BP gets them)

Watch them do that just to get it past $700M (not that they have anything to gain from that milestone like they did pushing A Wrinkle in Time past $100M but still) lol.

6 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I have a habit of not posting as much when there's not much activity going on here, just like everyone else. I literally haven't "disappeared" for any notable period of time from posting here since I don't know when, so I can say you are completely talking out of your ass on this one. Especially since you saw me outright admit I was wrong multiple times in last weekend's thread multiple times. Seriously, after all the times you're wrong and don't make any big deal out of it, you're the last one to be making comments like this. Especially since there's been many stretches this year where you haven't been active here. Am I supposed to say you were "disappearing" because of your wrong predictions? You fall into this trap of making mildly dick-ish comments towards one poster or another far too often, and I really don't get it since I know overall that's not your M.O. here. But you don't always have to have someone to antagonize you know, it's cool just to have fun here and take it for what it is. 

I'm absolutely not talking out of my ass.  You make predictions and if someone else disagrees with you, you do mock them.  Then when you are wrong, you have a hard time admitting it....just like you are doing now.  And when exactly have I not been here this year?  I'm one of the most active posters in this site and always have been.  

Nice try bud.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

For example, i only managed to get him to say he was wrong about JW2's opening because i tagged him non-stop so that he woudnt have a choice. I admit i was pretty salty there, but i just dont like the habit that you are describing here very well. When i predicted 700M+ DOM for TLJ even after its first week, i ate crow instantly, when it was obvious that it woudnt get there,

And its not like that is difficult. Its literally 1 simple post.

I “disappeared” last weekend because of personal reasons but when i came back I admitted I was 100% wrong about JW2. I don’t know if anyone tagged me or anything since I just went right to the weekend thread and admitted it. I mean it happens. There’s a reason why I’m on BOT and not working in the industry.  I’ll probably get it wrong more times than not and I always find it amusing when I get it completely wrong cause then I can see how ridiculous I looked. Case in point: my $105-$115M OW for JW2 or my $260M prediction for DP2 lol 

i mean in this thread alone I said $20M was assured for Sicario and that it would make $25M-30M and look how “right” I was about that lol 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Ant Man is more likely to have double billings with BP, Avengers, or Solo than Incredibles 2.  Christopher Robin should see I2 get some double feature benefits tho

Just now, That One Guy said:

Ant Man is more likely to have double billings with BP, Avengers, or Solo than Incredibles 2.  Christopher Robin should see I2 get some double feature benefits tho

Incredibles 2 is certain to get a re-expansion on Labor Day weekend like Disney does every year so they'll probably hold off until that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Nova said:

I “disappeared” last weekend because of personal reasons but when i came back I admitted I was 100% wrong about JW2. I don’t know if anyone tagged me or anything since I just went right to the weekend thread and admitted it. I mean it happens. There’s a reason why I’m on BOT and not working in the industry.  I’ll probably get it wrong more times than not and I always find it amusing when I get it completely wrong cause then I can see how ridiculous I looked. Case in point: my $105-$115M OW for JW2 or my $260M prediction for DP2 lol 

i mean in this thread alone I said $20M was assured for Sicario and that it would make $25M-30M and look how “right” I was about that lol 

I love how if you don't post every single day on this forum all of a sudden you're "disappearing" from a bad prediction. Lmao, man some people sure are hungry to start drama and hurl insults since EC is no longer around to fill their cravings for it. 

Btw, @baumer I'm still on for that over/under 3.25x bet on I2 you said you wanted over a week ago (you even wanted an under 3x one and I didn't think that was fair to you). Just because I've been wrong about its holds so far, I'm letting you know I'm not conveniently changing my tune about it now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZeeSoh said:

You americans need to get on with modern times and the world and switch to metric 😜

Actual high for today is about 35C which is about 95C but its the high humidity which causes the heat index to rise as high as 44C

43-44 degree celcius is close to 110 degree fahrenheit. 120 would be close to 50C. 

Me too. I’d rather be cold then be sweaty and sticky in the heat. 

Never!!  And it's truly awful out - I too would much rather have cold than heat - always ran hot & I just pour sweat in this weather which makes me very grouchy - thank God for AC!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I love how if you don't post every single day on this forum all of a sudden you're "disappearing" from a bad prediction. Lmao, man some people sure are hungry to start drama and hurl insults since EC is no longer around to fill their cravings for it. 

Yea I mean life happens and things come up so you have to take care of that stuff lol I don’t see it as disappearing from a bad prediction. I also don’t track every member like that to know whether they disappear from bad predictions or are just taking time off from the forums or track when they comeback and admit they’re wrong etc lol 

• Like 5

46 weekend and 440 cume followed by Dory's 3rd weekend multi gives 565 dom or 3.09x ow multi to I2.

Dory did 3.60x (beating SLOP's 3.52x that summer) and TS3 did 3.76x.

Edited by a2k

Adding my two Cents to the temperature debate:

I do prefer heat over cold, but only reasonably hot, like 25-30C. Anything much more than that, especially 40C+ like it seems to be in Canada right now is awful, especially if you have to work.

The usual temperatures in Spring and Autumn are very nice, though. Ideal to walk around in the nature without sweating or freezing.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Nova said:

Yea I mean life happens and things come up so you have to take care of that stuff lol I don’t see it as disappearing from a bad prediction. I also don’t track every member like that to know whether they disappear from bad predictions or are just taking time off from the forums or track when they comeback and admit they’re wrong etc lol 

Amen:)...although I am amused that I was on vacation for my worst summer prediction so far (since I had every summer movie under $400M, after AIW was out of summer, and I2 just blew that prediction away:)...although I'm very happy my worst prediction was under-predicting (and not over-predicting like I did last summer with Baywatch...sigh...I might have been as far over for that one as I'll end up under for I2 by the end, since $200M was so ridiculously over for that one:)...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Btw, @baumer I'm still on for that over/under 3.25x bet on I2 you said you wanted over a week ago (you even wanted an under 3x one and I didn't think that was fair to you). Just because I've been wrong about its holds so far, I'm letting you know I'm not conveniently changing my tune about it now. 

Okay so let's bury the vitriol between the two of us. You can admit when you're wrong I can admit when I'm wrong and where Brothers again LOL. So let's make it interesting and using multiplier of 3.15. 😊

• Like 2