sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals - JW: $60.91M - I2: 46.42M - Sicario: $19.00M - Uncle Drew: $15.24M

1 hour ago, baumer said:

Well, not to be all stoic, but I'm not one of those people.  This place is supposed to be fun.  You make a prediction and then you are effusive about it, if you end up being wrong, the best thing to do is have fun with it.  We're all here because we love movies.  When I'm wrong, I embrace it and never run from it, because ultimately, you can't hide from what you said.  And people respect you more when you own up to your bad predictions.  

Eeeh, I think I specifically wrote that I am not talking about you. Most people don’t own up when they are wrong, they just brush it off usually with an annoying “everybody knew....” and keep on going. 

Even so I think there should be a bit more sensitivitity when it comes to direct personal insults instead of who is owning up to being wrong  and who isn’t. Last weekend’s thread was unbearable with all these people attacking movieman89 because he wrote that there was a chance that JW2 would be under 100 million , it was page after page after page of people whining, mocking and throwing insults , the same people that had made some ridiculous predictions when it comes to JW2 .(it’s breezing over 450 million. OW close to 200 million, it will beat or be very close to IW worldwide e.t.c).

Edited by Thrylos 7
  • Like 5

I must say, it's very refreshing to see that there are many other people on here like me would rather cold then this extreme what. I get a lot of flack from my friends for saying that before the cold in extreme heat. So it's good to know that some of you are out there LOL

• Like 7

Book Club Legs Update

Current Multiplier: 4.8322

I Can Only Imagine's Multiplier: 4.8766

Gross Needed to Pass ICOI's Multiplier: $604K

It looks like BC passes ICOI on Tuesday, possibly Wednesday if Saturday and Sunday are weak.

• Like 1

Yay Book Club. One of my faves this year. And one of only five films I've seen multiple times in theaters this year. (Den of Thieves, IW, DP2, Adrift)

25 minutes ago, baumer said:

Okay so let's bury the vitriol between the two of us. You can admit when you're wrong I can admit when I'm wrong and where Brothers again LOL. So let's make it interesting and using multiplier of 3.15. 😊

Sounds good. And I'd just ask that next time you at least give me a chance to respond to someone else's post about a wrong prediction before you respond first making such generalizing statements such as all I do is mock people and then disappear when I'm wrong.

And speaking of which, @Jake Gittes, I'll get back to you when we see what the weekend drop for I2 is. Yes, it does look like you may be right about over 40%, but it's not set in stone yet. After all, the Friday to Friday drop is only -43%, seems like it could go either way to me.

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm not sure it makes sense to put I2 in a double feature with Ant-Man. While it increases the accounting totals, it wouldn't generate much more real-life cash money than keeping them separate. 

If I was Disney I'd double feature with Solo. That could see a small on-paper benefit at least.

28 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

BP's Friday hold is really bad. Still not seeing 700 on its own. Disney will need to step in. Doubles with AMATW would do it. 

And there's AWIT with $440k plus and currently a better PTA.  :lol:   They overshot on AWIT, could have given BP a few more DF with I2 and both would be done already.

Ideally in terms of story (and because it has yet to benefit from significantly from any double features unlike the other two) AMTW DF should go mostly to AIW. 

• Like 2