sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals - JW: $60.91M - I2: 46.42M - Sicario: $19.00M - Uncle Drew: $15.24M

14 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Yeah but it's almost impossible to find a similar movie opening in the summer in recent years. Maybe Detroit? That did 500K in previews and $7.1m OW. Or Atomic Blonde - $1.5m preview, $18.3m OW.  

I'll go with dunkirk

5.5m MN  50.5m OW

Sicario 2, 18.36m

Just now, POTUS said:

I'll go with dunkirk

5.5m MN  50.5m OW

Sicario 2, 18.36m

idk I feel like there's a sizable and intense Nolan fanbase that would bump its Thurs slightly?

But then again, it's also world cup round of 16 this weekend so possibly people are seeing it earlier cause they'll be watching matches on Sat/Sun (especially since this movie heavily marketed to the Hispanic demo)

5 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

I doubt the WOM on Sicario is gonna be good. It ends with a total whimper and that's gonna affect people's reactions. 

Ends with a whimper is really the perfect way to describe it. I enjoyed the movie a lot, but as it gets going you feel like you're building up to something BIG, yet....

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Ends with a whimper is really the perfect way to describe it. I enjoyed the movie a lot, but as it gets going you feel like you're building up to something BIG, yet.... sequel? 

Gringo?

Edited by POTUS

I’m shocked that my theater was actually really good. It didn’t feel like I was watching a movie with tiny people at all. 

On another note my theater is DEAD. Probably will be all weekend long. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Nova said:

I’m shocked that my theater was actually really good. It didn’t feel like I was watching a movie with tiny people at all. 

On another note my theater is DEAD. Probably will be all weekend long. 

Theaters are getting a bit of a "break" this weekend.  

• Like 2

Just now, DAR said:

Theaters are getting a bit of a "break" this weekend.  

Yea I get that but even still for a weekend where the top 2 films are going north of $100M combined, my theater is dead lol But again it’s expexted for my area. Similar to MDW and everyone in my area going to the beach that weekend so my theater didn’t represent what the movies were doing, the same thing is happening this weekend with the heat wave. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

$7.5M for Sicario 2 is not good given it includes the $2M in previews. I guess the original had a huge fan base that drive the Thursday numbers up. Hoping it gets to $20M. 

Im also thinking that I2 is being underpredicted.

Deadline doesn’t give a Friday number but $44M off of $10M+ Thursday doesn’t make sense to me. A $10M+ Thursday would mean a weekend closer to $50M than $40M. 

Edited by Nova

It's too bad that sicario 2 ends on such a down weird note because the rest of the film was pretty damn fantastic. But the last two minutes of that film, WTF.