sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals - JW: $60.91M - I2: 46.42M - Sicario: $19.00M - Uncle Drew: $15.24M

3 hours ago, KJsooner said:

This hotass Oklahoma summer heat is the fycking worse. Worst than anything they get in the Deep South. It makes me beg for cold weather. 

Not so fast my friend. Baton Rouge can match any kind of heat Oklahoma City can put up, LOL. We've been in the 90s for over a month now. 

• Like 2

Total Money beyond the 400M mark made by non-Disney films, 2016 onward: 17M         

Total Money beyond the 400M mark made by Disney films, 2016 onward:   1130M

Movies this decade with with something of a chance to increase the former number: Fallen Kingdom, Far From Home, WW84, Jumanji 3,... SLOP2? Let me know if I’m missing any     

Movies this decade with at least something of a chance to increase the latter number: I2 (I only added 7M from it, will contribute at least 120 more), IW (maybe 8M more), Poppins?, Captain Marvel?, Aladdin?, Avengers 4, TS4, TLK, IX, Frozen 2

• Like 3

Because of the heat I’ve been able to watch the World Cup matches and just laze around all day. I wanted to go to the movies but it’s even too hot to do that. Mistake of buying a black on black car. 

I ended up watching Wonder Woman again and I absolutely loved it. I can’t believe I didn’t like it that much when I originally saw it in theaters but now I’m in love with it. Time to start stanning after Wonder Woman like I do with Deadpool 

:sparta:

Wonder Woman slander will no longer be tolerated on my watch. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Low 60s looks achievable with a decent Saturday jump. 

So about a 60% drop? Yeah, that seems about right. Probably around ~350M for the finish, no? 

Edited by Mekanos

@Blankments trailer stalkers:

9:

Sicario: Day of the Soldado (All the Money in the World, Molly’s Game, The Commuter, Phantom Thread, Annihilation, Red Sparrow, Unsane, A Quiet Place, Upgrade)

8:

Mission: Impossible – Fallout (Black Panther, Annihilation, A Quiet Place, Avengers: Infinity War, Ready Player One, Breaking In, Upgrade, Hereditary)

6:

Alpha (Hitman’s Bodyguard, Geostorm, Thor: Ragnarok, Downsizing, Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, Isle of Dogs)

The Darkest Minds (A Quiet Place, Ready Player One, Blockers, Breaking In, Upgrade, Hereditary)

5:

Ant-Man and the Wasp (Black Panther, Rampage, Deadpool 2, Upgrade, Solo: A Star Wars Story)

Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again (The Greatest Showman, The Post, Love, Simon, Breaking In, Ocean’s 😎

4:

Venom (Black Panther, Game Night, Blockers, Deadpool 2)

3:

Night School (Blockers, Breaking In, Tag)

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (Love, Simon, Ready Player One, Deadpool 2)

2:

Alita: Battle Angel (Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle)

Can You Ever Forgive Me? (Unsane, Isle of Dogs)

Dr. Suess’ The Grinch (Isle of Dogs, Incredibles 2)

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (Isle of Dogs, Avengers: Infinity War)

The First Purge (Upgrade, Hereditary)

The Meg (Upgrade, Hereditary)

Polaroid (Wind River, mother!)

The Spy Who Dumped Me (Ready Player One, Tag)

1:

Uncle Drew (Annihilation)

Spoiler

BlacKkKlansman (Upgrade)

Bumblebee (Incredibles 2)

The Current War (Wind River)

Dog Days (Incredibles 2)

Duck Duck Goose (The LEGO Ninjago Movie)

Eighth Grade (Isle of Dogs)

The Equalizer 2 (Solo: A Star Wars Story)

The Girl in the Spider’s Web (Ocean’s 😎

The Happytime Murders (Tag)

The House with a Clock in Its Walls (Ready Player One)

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World (Incredibles 2)

Kin (Hereditary)

The Little Stranger (Hereditary)

Mortal Engines (The Commuter)

The New Mutants (Thor: Ragnarok)

The Nun (Tag)

The Nutcracker and the Four Realms (The Greatest Showman)

Peppermint (Ocean’s 😎

Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2 (Incredibles 2)

Searching (Hereditary)

Serenity (Tag)

Skyscraper (Rampage)

Smallfoot (Coco)

A Star Is Born (Ocean’s 😎

Teen Titans Go! To the Movies (Rampage)

Unfriended: Dark Web (Upgrade)

Widows (Ocean’s 😎

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

So about a 60% drop? Yeah, that seems about right. Probably around ~350M for the finish, no? 

Yeah. Maybe 10-20m more if Ant-Man doesn't give it another big ass-whooping next weekend. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Total Money beyond the 400M mark made by non-Disney films, 2016 onward: 17M         

Total Money beyond the 400M mark made by Disney films, 2016 onward:   1130M

Movies this decade with with something of a chance to increase the former number: Fallen Kingdom, Far From Home, WW84, Jumanji 3,... SLOP2? Let me know if I’m missing any     

Movies this decade with at least something of a chance to increase the latter number: I2 (I only added 7M from it, will contribute at least 120 more), IW (maybe 8M more), Poppins?, Captain Marvel?, Aladdin?, Avengers 4, TS4, TLK, IX, Frozen 2

That's impressive.

A4 will probably add 200M

TS4 will add just 1$ or something like that

TLK might add anything between 0$ and 300+M

IX should add around $100M or more

Frozen 2 probably adds just $50M

51 minutes ago, Nova said:

Because of the heat I’ve been able to watch the World Cup matches and just laze around all day. I wanted to go to the movies but it’s even too hot to do that. Mistake of buying a black on black car. 

I ended up watching Wonder Woman again and I absolutely loved it. I can’t believe I didn’t like it that much when I originally saw it in theaters but now I’m in love with it. Time to start stanning after Wonder Woman like I do with Deadpool 

:sparta:

Wonder Woman slander will no longer be tolerated on my watch. 

Third act is still garbage :Venom: and the amount of historical mistakes in the film is - even for Hollywood - astonishing for me as a history buff.

Though what i cant praise enough about WW is the chemistry between the leads. One of the rare examples of really, really sympathetic main characters.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

60 weekend gives 265 cume, only 85 away from 350. Even with big drops it shouldn't fail to add 2x the 2nd weekend / 120 more to it's cume for 385 total. Thinking a few more than that.

17 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Third act is still garbage :Venom: and the amount of historical mistakes in the film is - even for Hollywood - astonishing for me as a history buff.

Though what i cant praise enough about WW is the chemistry between the leads. One of the rare examples of really, really sympathetic main characters.

Third act was still the worst part of the movie for me to be honest and it was one of my biggest complaints from before. I wish they kept things small in the film and didn’t resort to a big CGI fight at the end. I really feel like if that big CGI fight at the end didn’t happen, the movie would have been one of the best CBM ever made (at least for me after re-watching it) had they just kept things small scale which is how the film was leading up to the big fight. Like there were still action sequences and stuff but everything felt small scale and yet that small scale stuff really made the movie for me. 

I also agree that the leads are what made the film. Ironically, the chemistry between Diana and Steve reminds me of the chemistry that Wade and Vanessa have :ph34r:

Wonder Woman's third act was one of the best superhero movie climaxes. Not to mention having Steve Trevor's sacrifice was one of the most moving parts. Guessing people were used to boring anti climaxes of movies like Doctor Strange so an actual action packed rousing climax shocked them

Edited by John Marston
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

6 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Wonder Woman's third act was one of the best superhero movie climaxes. Not to mention having Steve Trevor's sacrifice was one of the most moving parts. Guessing people were used to boring anti climaxes of movies like Doctor Strange so an actual action packed rousing climax shocked them

I have no issue with what happened in the third act. My issue is all the CGI and what not which is not how the rest of the film was going. It felt like they were forced to end with a big CGI fight when if they had kept it small scale, the movie would have been better for it. 

29 minutes ago, Nova said:

Third act was still the worst part of the movie for me to be honest and it was one of my biggest complaints from before. I wish they kept things small in the film and didn’t resort to a big CGI fight at the end. I really feel like if that big CGI fight at the end didn’t happen, the movie would have been one of the best CBM ever made (at least for me after re-watching it) had they just kept things small scale which is how the film was leading up to the big fight. Like there were still action sequences and stuff but everything felt small scale and yet that small scale stuff really made the movie for me. 

I also agree that the leads are what made the film. Ironically, the chemistry between Diana and Steve reminds me of the chemistry that Wade and Vanessa have :ph34r:

The movie tanked for me in the 3rd act, because it wasted its own potential for a seriously GREAT possible ending: When WW kills the german general and it doesnt end the war. Then Steve says that things arent that simple and killing 1 guy doesnt end the conflict in the world.

End the movie right there. And you have maybe the best and most meaninngfull ending of any SH movie since TDK.

Instead, its a big CGI fight with a cliche villain and even worse, godawful CGI as well. Then all is saved by simply punching Ares a lot. SO STUPID. God, it had SO MUCH potential and it wasted it all for me.

Of course, thats just my opinion and it doesnt seem to be the general one :lol:

• Like 5

I saw two movies today.  Hotel Transylvania 3 was fine.  I liked it well enough.

Won't You Be My Neighbor? is so fucking good and I want everyone here to drop what they're doing right now and go see it because it's the best and it's wonderful.  I bawled my eyes out.  10 out of fucking 10.

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

That's impressive.

A4 will probably add 200M

TS4 will add just 1$ or something like that

TLK might add anything between 0$ and 300+M

IX should add around $100M or more

Frozen 2 probably adds just $50M

Yup. If I had to predict where things stood considering all 2016-2019 movies, maybe like 50M non-Disney and 1700M Disney.

• Like 1