The Wild Eric

Little Women | December 25 2019 | Sony | Greta Gerwig directs | 24th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

2 hours ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Sorry can't hear you over all the...

LOL that girl Andrea is obsessed with her, she is in Awardsworthy forum trying to prove she's the best young actress and a megastar to anyone who disagrees with her on the Little Women thread. It's very scary and she hasn't posted this reviews 

On 11/26/2019 at 8:26 AM, Noctissaid:

This was why the little bitches who focused on one or two tweets saying that Watson was the weakest really needed to shut the fuck up when it came to actual publications. The last two reviews have basically stated that Pugh is the best but the entire cast is excellent. 

I mean

A few line readings fall flat — whenever Watson slips out of her American accent, all bets are off 

Among the large cast, Watson somewhat fades into the background

I won’t go through all the other players in the ensemble, but most of them inhabit their roles with just the right pep and insight. (Only Watson, as dour eldest sister Meg, runs into some flatness.) 

And while Meg gets a few good scenes, she’s still under-served compared with her younger sisters.

Why don't you stop giving those few and very loud internet trolls a voice? 
When will people learn, that Twitter is not the real world, but a microuniverse of excentric people, that live off the attention they won't get in real life.

When did we start caring, what a random person had to say in their living room? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

I think it can do it. It's going to be a mini-Titanic

Culturally, nope. Box office wise I guess cause you're gonna get crazy good legs at xmas. You could even consider Greatest Showman a mini-titanic I guess so depends what your definition is.

Also I find it stupid how Emma Watson seems to be the hill people are willing to die on regarding this movie. Yeesh

2 hours ago, Poseidon said:

Btw. am I the only one who might see this break out to $200m as the feelgood-movie of the holidays and with a leggy oscar run to follow up?

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

I think it can do it. It's going to be a mini-Titanic. 

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Culturally, nope.

giphy.gif

8 hours ago, Poseidon said:

Btw. am I the only one who might see this break out to $200m as the feelgood-movie of the holidays and with a leggy oscar run to follow up?

$200M seems quite too high of a benchmark but $125M+ seems possible. Said this in the weekend thread but outside of the Star Wars/Jumanji combo it has the most going for it of any movie opening around Christmas, especially looking at the competition (no one knows if the WTF nature of Cats will attract or repel moviegoers, Bombshell is too controversial/ripped from the headlines, Spies in Disguise feels like a dump, etc.).

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see this do well (not just because I think it looks good, but also just to spice up the box office). But I have been burned in the past by expecting way to much from a Christmas release, only for it to post (still respectable) but underwhelming numbers given my pre-conceived perceptions of its potential audience (i.e. Unbroken).

Honestly, I think Unbroken would be a great comp for this box office-wise, if the stars can align for it (which, given the reviews, we seem to be starting along that path). 

13 hours ago, Poseidon said:

People are probably overestimating this, it'll have direct competition with Bombshell and Cats. Still I think it can hit 100m. 

12 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

One should never forget this open in the same season with Bombshell, and bombshell have bigger buzz than lw

Bombshell feels like a modest performer at best tbh (and will have less commercial appeal than this given that this is PG and the other is R). Vice sorta flopped last Christmas and that movie ended up maxing out its Oscar nom potential. Remains to be seen if Bombshell is anywhere nearly as polarizing as that movie was but even so, numbers similar to The Big Short feel like the best case scenario (and that's assuming it gets stellar reviews).

9 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Bombshell feels like a modest performer at best tbh (and will have less commercial appeal than this given that this is PG and the other is R). Vice sorta flopped last Christmas and that movie ended up maxing out its Oscar nom potential. Remains to be seen if Bombshell is anywhere nearly as polarizing as that movie was but even so, numbers similar to The Big Short feel like the best case scenario (and that's assuming it gets stellar reviews).

Seeing how hustles overperform thanks to star power, I can see bombshell follow the same especially both teaser and trailer attract 8m and 13m views respectively.  .

As for Little woman, the film will play well into January thanks to Oscar season, Little woman will have bigger score in Oscar thanks to its more favorable critical reception and it is a period drama.

3 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Seeing how hustles overperform thanks to star power, I can see bombshell follow the same especially both teaser and trailer attract 8m and 13m views respectively.  .

Hustlers was also sold as a fun "girls night out" movie. Don't think that's gonna be happening for a movie about Fox News.