Eric Duncan

Little Women | December 25 2019 | Sony | Greta Gerwig directs | 24th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

25 minutes ago, SLAM! said:

Black Widow could be her Titanic.

nah, it's Scarlett's movie and a franchise. Something where she's the lead and the boxoffice surprises. perhaps cameron will be free after Avatars to make a movie with Pugh and Ansolo? 

@TalismanRing TBH, I find all Little Women annoying in the book and Winona movie.

Edited by Valonqar

2 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Alli's right. Ansolo's gonna be a major star. he just needs his Titanic. Everyone has a career slump. Didn't Chalamet's drug addict bait bomb last year?

lmfao, why do people keep trying to make this happen. He's a weaker actor than most of his contemporaries like Chalamet, Hedges and Holland and he has zero box office pull. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TMP said:

lmfao, why do people keep trying to make this happen. He's a weaker actor than most of his contemporaries like Chalamet, Hedges and Holland and he has zero box office pull. 

Golden Globe nominated, so not such a bad actor as you say. Baby Driver and The fault were two big hits and he's just starting out. Worked with the best directors. WSS is gonna be a big hit and he will score another GG nom

4 minutes ago, TMP said:

what's their boxoffice pull? Holland never opened anything outside of MCU since he isn't making non-SH movies anymore. Chalamet is doing prestige movies and LW and Dune are brand names so not his power. Hedges doesn't even have awards attention let alone boxoffice. I keep hearing he's this close to nom but always no cigar. So they are all pretty much even.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

what's their boxoffice pull? Holland never opened anything outside of MCU since he isn't making non-SH movies anymore. Chalamet is doing prestige movies and LW and Dune are brand names so not his power. Hedges doesn't even have awards attention let alone boxoffice. I keep hearing he's this close to nom but always no cigar. So they are all pretty much even.

Hedges already is an Oscar nominee (Manchester by the Sea).

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

LOL, I forgot. fair enough on awards. still no boxoffice cigar for any of them. wasn't his movie Half Time something such a big bomb that made Goldfinch look like EG? :lol:

If you're referring to Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk, none of these guys were in that one either (Joe Alwyn was that movie's lead actor).

Maybe I’m reading this wrong but I don’t think Watson is getting bad notices.The one who said that “she tried” only mentioned 3 actors so I guess that’s good.There was 2 reactions that said that cast is great across the board, which includes Watson and then there are the reactions that don’t mention her at all...by any means that doesn’t mean she is getting bad reviews.Is just that the other two actresses did a better job (which was expected honestly).

Edit: Did you guys read the comments afterwards?He says that she is solid but her role isn’t big enough.He even sort of praises her accent which, aside from Bling Ring, is awful.

Edited by TheDarkKnightOfSteel

22 hours ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Maybe I’m reading this wrong but I don’t think Watson is getting bad notices.The one who said that “she tried” only mentioned 3 actors so I guess that’s good.There was 2 reactions that said that cast is great across the board, which includes Watson and then there are the reactions that don’t mention her at all...by any means that doesn’t mean she is getting bad reviews.Is just that the other two actresses did a better job (which was expected honestly).

Edit: Did you guys read the comments afterwards?He says that she is solid but her role isn’t big enough.He even sort of praises her accent which, aside from Bling Ring, is awful.

I read that as "Emma Watson tries;" as in, she puts a greater amount of effort into the project than she normally has in prior films. So while other performancrs are getting flashier notices, Emma Watson at least cares enough about the film so as not to detract from it. Robert De Niro isn't getting supporting actor notices for Joker, but us viewers can tell he cared about the film more than he cared about films like Dirty Grandpa. Emma Watson is likely in a similar position; she's outshined by co-stars but still does her part of the work, as she should. Performers from The Help and the first season of 13 Reasons Why were in similar situations.

Edited by SLAM!

4 hours ago, Ithil said:

He's also probably referring to the fact that Watson is obviously a far worse actress as a baseline than Ronan, Pugh, Chalamet, Streep and Dern each, and thus she has to try pretty hard to keep up.

Agreed. Watson will never be the actress that Chalamet is.

• Thanks 1