Eric Atreides

Little Women | December 25 2019 | Sony | Greta Gerwig directs | 24th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

3 minutes ago, dmatrixfilmdx said:

so two Little Women movies coming out months apart.  The first one should be small, the second one a bit hit?  Kind of like the Steve Jobs films?

1. They're coming out 15 months apart.

2. No one is gonna see the one coming out next month.

3. Both Steve Jobs films were flops, except nobody liked one while the other got nominations.

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

1. They're coming out 15 months apart.

2. No one is gonna see the one coming out next month.

3. Both Steve Jobs films were flops, except nobody liked one while the other got nominations.

and off point, the two Steve Jobs films I was mentioning at came out in 2013 and 2015, not in the same year like these two films.  I think Little Women coming out in 2 months should compete well enough to make it in the bottom of the top 10.

3 minutes ago, dmatrixfilmdx said:

and off point, the two Steve Jobs films I was mentioning at came out in 2013 and 2015, not in the same year like these two films.  I think Little Women coming out in 2 months should compete well enough to make it in the bottom of the top 10.

It's being distributed by Pinnacle Peak

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/studio/chart/?studio=pinnaclepeak.htm

I'm shocked it's scheduled to go wide

5 minutes ago, dmatrixfilmdx said:

The low-budget Little Women opens next month (September) while this one opens on Christmas Day next year (a point at which the earlier film's existence will be completely forgotten).

Apparently Stone was playing Meg, who has always been the most boring of the main characters, so I guess in a way, it makes more sense that Watson is in the role than Stone? Even though I like her as an actress more than most do.

Edited by filmlover

31 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

They just traded one of the best actresses in the business for one of the worst?

I'm not the biggest Emma Stone fan, but at least she has a personality that comes through.  Emma Watson is just vacant onscreen.

EDIT  Just read above that the character she's playing is boring, so maybe this is the perfect role for her.

Edited by Gamera

19 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Apparently Stone was playing Meg, who has always been the most boring of the main characters, so I guess in a way, it makes more sense that Watson is in the role than Stone? Even though I like her as an actress more than most do.

I can see the resemblance

DgEOQKaVMAAuCPc.jpg:large

51 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'm guessing Zombieland 2 prevented Stone from doing this.

Zombieland 2 feels like a "why is this even happening" deal, must have a pretty good concept for it for Stone to choose it over this