Eric Atreides

Little Women | December 25 2019 | Sony | Greta Gerwig directs | 24th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

3 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

It's just facts look at his box office numbers. Best film performance financially was Interstellar and he wasn't even the big draw then at all.

lol hardly even cinephiles knew who he was this time two years ago. If Dune and his next couple of headlining movies flop then we'll talk.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

It's just facts look at his box office numbers. Best film performance financially was Interstellar and he wasn't even the big draw then at all.

In a perfect world, Lady Bird or Call Me By Your Name would make the same amount as tripe like Beauty and The Beast but Chalamet outside of Interstellar has only starred in small dramas most if not all are profitable apart from Hostiles and Beautiful Boy, and has just started gaining relevancy in the cinephile community. Not everything has to make $100M DOM to be a hit.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

31 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

In a perfect world, Lady Bird or Call Me By Your Name would make the same amount as tripe like Beauty and The Beast but Chalamet outside of Interstellar has only starred in small dramas most if not all are profitable apart from Hostiles and Beautiful Boy, and has just started gaining relevancy in the cinephile community. Not everything has to make $100M DOM to be a hit.

Needs a multiverse to be a $100m hit.:apocalypse:

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

lol hardly even cinephiles knew who he was this time two years ago. If Dune and his next couple of headlining movies flop then we'll talk.

and even Dune wouldn't be on him cause the book is hard sci fi and as such not too GA friendly. it isn't LOTR in space, which was also deemed unfilmable, but that's because they thought 3 books should be crammed in one movie. Once they solved the problem, voila! Dune has different type of problem so definitely not on Chalamet if it doesn't connect. he should be praised if it does, though. paul is unlikable in the book so if Chalamet makes him relatable and likable he'll be a hero. 

Edited by Valonqar

i don't like him but like obviously this won't flop because of chalamet lol. he's a neutral actor rn i don't think he's a deterrent or a draw. and he hasn't really done a hit because... which movie in his filmography should've been a hit? he's not really that well known outside of stan twitter i think.

3 hours ago, Cappoedameron said:

Chamalet being cast guarantees this will flop. He is not a draw whatsoever and never has been. No idea why people continue to cast him, good actor but not a draw.

Name 3 male actor under 25 that you consider draw that people should cast instead.

17 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Should've casted Ansolo (who was still under 25 during this movie's shoot) obviously. Right @Alli?

Ansolo is a legit draw. he was added value to Fault in Our Stars (the book was the draw) and legit draw for Baby Driver. West Side Story's going to be big. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Disbelief 1

5 hours ago, Cappoedameron said:

Chamalet being cast guarantees this will flop. He is not a draw whatsoever and never has been. No idea why people continue to cast him, good actor but not a draw.

It’s an indie film not a blockbuster.  All I hope is with this cast, the various fan bases don’t cause the likability of this film to implode.  I feel sorry for the older actors. 

4 hours ago, Harley said:

It’s an indie film not a blockbuster.  All I hope is with this cast, the various fan bases don’t cause the likability of this film to implode.  I feel sorry for the older actors. 

Little Women has a 150-year legacy, a story girls and women have admired/idolized for generations. If audiences and Oscar hate this version, it's not going to be because stans bugged critics on Twitter about Chalabae or Emma Watson, that's going to be such a small percentage of how this movie ends up being received.

The Vanity Fair interview with Greta Gerwig was really interesting, especially her take on Jo and Laurie's relationship, maybe he will come off like less of a fuckboi in this version...

Edited by BoxOfficeChica

8 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

i don't like him but like obviously this won't flop because of chalamet lol. he's a neutral actor rn i don't think he's a deterrent or a draw. and he hasn't really done a hit because... which movie in his filmography should've been a hit? he's not really that well known outside of stan twitter i think.

Most actors aren't deterrents anyways. That's a fantasy. They're either a draw or neutral.