Release Date: May 8, Y4

Studio: Gold Crescent Pictures

Genre: Fantasy/Drama/Adventure

Director: Julie Taymor

Cinematographer: Chung-Hoon Chung

Music Composer: Rachel Portman

Theater Count: 3,977

Premium Formats: 3D & Dolby Cinema

Shooting Format: Super 35 film (post-converted to 3D)
Aspect Ratio: 2.40:1

Release Image Formats: 2K DCP, 2K 3D DCP, 4K DCP, 4K Dolby Cinema DCP
Release Audio Formats: 5.1, 7.1, Auro 11.1, Dolby Atmos

Production Budget: $125 million

MPAA Rating: PG-13 for action violence, blood, language, frightening images, and suggestive content

Running Time: 158 minutes

Major Cast: Elle Fanning (Willow), Kou Shibasaki (Nanashi), Jennifer Connelly (Earthsong), Benedict Cumberbatch (Beluosus), Stefanie Scott (Felucca), Keke Palmer (K'Thonya), Chloë Grace Moretz (Tengu), Rooney Mara (Gwendolyn), Jesse Eisenberg (Zaebos), Kristanna Loken (Skogul), Rami Malek (Ulkurz), Kit Harington (Richard), Stevie Nicks (Gaia), Ben Kingsley (Sage), James Earl Jones (Anuptah)

Plot Summary: Based on the 2004-2016 webcomic Earthsong by Crystal Yates. The first of a hopeful trilogy to adapt the full comic story.

Spoiler

A forest, quiet and bright. Birds chirp away in the distance, but their song is none from our world. The trees are green and vibrant, the bark smooth and brown. Except for one. There is a single tree with a pearlescent white trunk, long cascading purple leaves billowing gently in a warm breeze. In the shade of this peculiar tree lies a peculiar woman - young, pretty, wearing a long, flowing purple dress. Her skin is faintly lavender, her hair a brilliant snow white, her eyes deep pools of purple. Sparks of multicolored energy flicker around her sleeping body, spinning through the air, fading from sight. As they dissipate, she stirs with a groan.

The woman (Elle Fanning) sits up, blinking and covering her eyes, blinded by the sunlight. As her eyes adjust, she hears the voice of another woman - loud, close, but distorted, echoing and quivering.

"Nanashi," the voice says, "We have a new arrival! I fear she is quite close to the badlands. It is likely the others will get there first..."

The voice fades into silence, disappearing into the strange birdsongs. The woman stands up, calling out, but no one answers. "Where am I?" she asks herself aloud. She peers around, taking a few tentative steps, nearly tripping on her dress. She doesn't recognize her surroundings. The only signs of life are the birds, little ones, big ones... and a single enormous one, with a wingspan of at least ten feet. It's flying towards her, away from the sun, its body in stark silhouette. The woman squints at it as it draws nearer.

It's not a bird. Not entirely, at least. It is, in fact, another woman (Kristanna Loken) - she looks reasonably human, except for her gigantic brown-and-white wings, and the fact her entire body is covered in downy feathers of matching hues. She is dressed as a warrior, clad in leather armor, wielding a large, sheathed sword. She smirks as she touches down, congratulating herself on her speed. "First again," she says to herself proudly.

"Wh-what - I mean," the first woman corrects herself, "Who are you?"

"Not an unreasonable question. Either way you ask it," the winged woman acknowledges. "The name's Skogul. I'm here to-"

She is interrupted by a faint rustling nearby. Instantly alert, Skogul's eyes dart off to the side, searching for the source of the sound. "Did you hear that?"

"Hear what?" The first woman hasn't even noticed.

In a close-up, we see a small twig that's fallen from a tree branch, nestled in the grass. Suddenly, it appears to snap itself in two.

"THAT," Skogul cries. Her friendly facade has collapsed. "Show yourselves, you spineless scum!" She unsheathes her sword, snapping into a rigid, practiced battle stance. "I know you're there!"

"Uh, Skogul..." Willow interjects nervously. "There's... no one here but us."

"Get out of my way," Skogul shouts, shoving the other woman off to the side. She calls out again into the woods. "I said show yourself, coward!"

When there is no response, Skogul grits her teeth and thrusts her free hand forward. A blue gemstone set in the armor covering the back of her hand begins to glow, and a gust of wind shoots out from her palm. The grass bends and waves in its wake as Skogul scans the area, searching for a spot where the foliage isn't reacting how it should be...

Before she finds what she's looking for, it finds her. Next to Skogul, out of thin air, a third woman (Kou Shibasaki) fades into view, swinging two swords. Skogul reacts just in time to block the blades with her own. With a kick she sends the new combatant stumbling back several paces. This new warrior is unmistakably human - Japanese, her long black hair dangling behind her in a single braid, her red-and-gold gi adorned with decorative tassels and what seems like a four-pointed white diamond on the chest. On her wrists she wears golden braces embedded with gemstones of many colors.

"Let her go, Skogul," the swordswoman sternly demands.

"Nanashi!" Skogul is enraged at the interference of her rival. "This one's MINE!" She unleashes another blast of wind, its force strong enough to push Nanashi back several feet. But her attack is interrupted when a long golden spear flies at her wrist, its end splitting apart at the last second, the two sharp tips driving into the trunk of a nearby tree and pinning Skogul's arm to it. The spear retracts, splitting off from the newly-created restraint.

The gold reforms into its usual shape - a gauntlet on the wrist of a green-skinned woman with pointed ears and shimmering emerald-colored hair (Keke Palmer). Her gauntlet, and its matching partner on her other forearm, are similarly equipped with a pair of gemstones, hers both green. She's accompanied by a small, glowing girl (Chloë Grace Moretz) - a fairy, six inches tall, with shocking blonde hair and rapidly-flapping golden wings, dressed in some diminutive black-and-yellow military uniform.

As Skogul tries to pry herself free, the green woman is startled by an attack from behind - a sharp-clawed, pointy-faced goblin (Rami Malek) with a wide mouth of pointy, jagged yellow teeth, who leaps at her through a tree, phasing right in and out of the trunk and grabbing onto her back. The goblin takes a long sniff of her hair, cackling evilly. "I bet you're going to taste like gryphon," he says.

"K'Thonya!" The fairy cries out in alarm, but she needn't worry. K'Thonya has the situation under control. The gems in her gauntlets glow as her hair comes alive, writhing like a nest of snakes, wrapping around her attacker in strong, shining tendrils. With a powerful swing, she sends the goblin flying right at the still-trapped Skogul.

"Ulkurz, phase now!"

At Skogul's command, the goblin again makes himself intangible, sailing right through her and the tree she's stuck to, landing hard on the ground on the other side as he re-solidifies. The purple woman is still standing next to Skogul, and watches in shock as Ulkurz nearly collides with her.

"I see things are going well," yet another new arrival sarcastically quips as he sees Ulkurz smash into the dirt face first. It's a blue-skinned man, with black hair and a full beard, dressed in green and gold with blue gems inset into the metal parts of his outfit. The man (Kit Harington) shakes his head in embarrassment for his colleague.

Skogul hears the blue man's voice and calls out to him. "Richard! Where have you been? Get over here and get me out of this!"

Dutifully, Richard rounds the tree. His gemstones glow and a pair of gigantic, translucent blue hands of energy form in front of him. He manipulates them carefully, using their impressive strength to yank the golden prong out of the tree and free Skogul. "You're welcome," he says curtly, not expecting to be thanked.

Nanashi runs over to K'Thonya and her small companion, shouting out an order. "Tengu, K'Thonya! Impera formation now!"

The fairy, Tengu, zips over toward Richard, calling back to Nanashi jokingly. "You sure? We use that and this'll be over WAY too fast!"

Richard is not amused. "The FAIRY gets sent to distract me?" He claps his hands of energy around Tengu, catching her like a bug. "That's just insulting." He slams her into the ground, but as she screams in pain, she emits a bolt of lightning from her wings, the electric shock arcing toward Richard. He's zapped and forced to release her. Unfortunately, he's also now very, very angry. The injured Tengu lies dazed on the ground as Richard grabs a nearby boulder, hoisting it over her tiny body. "You're lucky I don't have time to make this painful," he growls.

Nanashi is battling Skogul blade-to-blade when she sees Tengu is in trouble. The four-pointed diamond on her chest emits a blinding light, and Skogul becomes surrounded in a white aura that lifts her into the air, holding her in place. "Put me DOWN and FIGHT," Skogul shrieks, but she is abruptly propelled backwards, slamming into a tree as the aura releases her. Nanashi turns and throws one of her swords at Richard, who swings the boulder at it, knocking it off course. But as it sails off to nowhere, it disappears and re-forms in Nanashi's hand, her bracer's gems glowing.

Nanashi runs at Richard, carefully dodging swings of his energy fists, eyes locked onto her target. "Enough," she mutters as she closes the gap between them. A dazed Skogul is shocked back to awareness as one of Nanashi's swords slashes across Richard's stomach, drawing thick, blue blood. Skogul screams out a warning, but it's too late.

Nanashi's other sword glows with a rainbow of sparkling colors, the diamond on her chest lighting up to match. She takes aim, swiftly but precisely - and drives the blade right through Richard's body. The purple-skinned woman gasps in terror, the other combatants turning to watch, startled to attention by Richard's pained, desperate grunt. As Skogul charges at Nanashi, Richard seems to dissolve into streaks of white energy, shooting up into the sky and disappearing into space, leaving only his bloodstained clothes behind.

Nanashi seems exhausted from the effort, falling to her knees as the energy fades from her swords and stones, holding a hand to her head. Skogul closes in furiously - until a deep, menacing voice booms in her head.

"Stop," it commands. She skids to a halt. "Skogul, retreat."

"What? No!" Skogul shouts into the air in response to the disembodied voice. "She's worn out, I can take her! You can't expect me to let her get away with-"

"I expect you to obey me," the voice threatens. "Your revenge will come later. Return. NOW."

Skogul clenches a fist, bowing her head, considering her options... before leaping into the air, sword raised high over her head, screaming defiantly. "I WILL NOT BE-"

She is cut off when a sudden, unbearable pain shoots through her body. She drops her sword, clutching her chest as she collapses in agony. "NOW," the voice repeats. Skogul gasps and wheezes, struggling to stand.

"Do I have to persuade you further?"

"...no," she replies to the voice.

"Good," it says calmly. "Return."

Skogul retrieves her sword and Richard's clothes, turning away from Nanashi to retreat to wherever it is she came from.

"You're pathetic," Nanashi says to her. "Willingly at the beck and call of a monster who sees you as no more than a means to an end."

"So long as I get the end that I want, it will all be worth it. Your time is coming, Na-"

"Spare me your empty threats," Nanashi says as she turns and abandons her foe. Skogul's not quite done, though. She turns to the overwhelmed woman in the purple dress, calling out a warning.

"You there! Don't trust her. She'll stab you in the back as soon as you're an inconvenience. Don't let her rob you of your immortality!"

K'Thonya stops in front of the white-haired woman defensively, scowling at Skogul. "Spare us your rants and get out of here. You wouldn't want your master tugging on your leash again."

With a frustrated scream, Skogul turns and runs off, beckoning for Ulkurz to follow. "This isn't over," she calls back. As the two disappear into the forest, Nanashi sighs deeply, closing her eyes to reflect.

"It never is," she says.

The stranger in purple is on the verge of a panic attack. She backs up to lean against the odd tree where she woke up, demanding an explanation in half-formed sentences. Nanashi, picking up the injured Tengu, seems annoyed by her reaction. "K'Thonya," she asks - though her voice is as commanding as it had been in battle - "Can you deal with her, please?"

"I feel like I got run over by a unicorn," Tengu quips to Nanashi. "Nothing I haven't dealt with before... just, mind the wings."

K'Thonya puts on her best friendly smile and approaches the stranger slowly. "Are you hurt?" She shakes her head. "I'm sorry you had to go through that," K'Thonya continues. "Not the warmest welcome. But you're safe now. They won't be back."

"SAFE?" She is unconvinced, pointing an accusatory finger at Nanashi. "She just KILLED a man!"

"It looks like that," K'Thonya concedes, "But-"

"She stabbed him through the HEART!"

"And through the soulstone," Nanashi interjects, taking over for the increasingly-frazzled K'Thonya. "As long as it is broken, he is returned safely."

"The what?" The stranger is still skeptical. There had been the light going into the sky, but... "Returned to where? And what's a-"

An impatient Nanashi cuts her off. "We can explain this all on the way back to the Haven. But we must get moving. We're too close to the badlands. Beluosus could send a second team after us."

"Who?"

K'Thonya takes the proverbial baton back. "Beluosus. You may have heard a man's voice in your head earlier - the one commanding Skogul, the winged warrior. That was him."

"Oh, yes." The stranger seems frightened by the recollection of the voice. "He sounded so... cold. Not like the first voice. It said your name. Nanashi. And something about a new arrival."

"You are the new arrival," she explains. "The voice you heard was Earthsong. She is... the one we will be taking you to see."

"Shouldn't we rest first?" K'Thonya is concerned for Nanashi's well-being. She's still showing signs of fatigue from her final attack. "Just for a bit. I don't want you to-"

"I am FINE," Nanashi curtly insists. And that's the end of that.

"You all talk as if I'm coming with you," the stranger says. "But I'm not. I can't."

Tengu chuckles, finding the strength to flutter out of Nanashi's hand, flying over to the new arrival with a warm smirk. "Look," she says, "I know you don't have much to go on. But think about it. Honestly, what else are you going to do? You're in the middle of a forest, you don't know where you are. You could wander around aimlessly for hours, or days."

"I... I could try to find those... others..."

"Sure, maybe. But if they really cared about you, wouldn't they have stuck around?"

The stranger thinks about this for a bit before relenting. She's not sure she trusts any of these people, but... they do seem nicer. Well, the fairy and the green one, anyway. Perhaps it is her best option. But she demands answers on the way to wherever it is they're going. "And what is this... Haven? Is it far?"

"It's the fortress we live in," Tengu explains. "Thankfully those jerks have no idea where it is. And yeah, it's pretty far, so like Nanashi said, we've gotta get a move on!"

The newcomer turns to look at Nanashi again, watching as both of her swords disappear, turning into sparkling white energy that retreats back into the gems on her bracers.

"...Is there anything she can't do?" She asks Tengu. The fairy laughs and shrugs.

"Heh... maybe."

The four women begin their long journey to the Haven, out of the forest, across a shallow stream, over rolling, rocky hills. Despite her earlier insistence on answers, the new arrival is silent, still feeling out of place, unsure of herself, unsure of anything. Finally she speaks when she sees Tengu wince in pain, reaching around to her back to rub a sore spot.

"Uh, Tengu... that was your name, right?"

"Yeah," the fairy responds cheerfully. "What's up?"

"I was wondering... would you like to give your wings a rest? You... you could sit on my shoulder."

Tengu waves a hand dismissively. "Thanks and all, but I'll be fine. I've been through worse. Here and back on my homeworld, I'm sure."

"Homeworld?" The purple woman sees an opportunity to finally get some answers. "Are... are you an alien?"

"Of course," Tengu replies casually. "We all are! Even you."

"What?" She narrows her eyes, instantly skeptical. "That's nonsense! I've never been anywhere but... here..."

She looks around, but she's forced to realize that she doesn't actually recognize any of her surroundings.

"You don't remember, do you?"

"Remember what?"

"Your life back on your homeworld. Don't worry, none of us can. Or at least not much of it. Just the last few moments before we were brought here. We call them our remnants." A proud grin crosses the fairy's face. "My remnant is of me being promoted to a general! Youngest ever!"

"Brought here?" The stranger seems to have more or less ignored Tengu's own memory. "By who? Why? How?"

"By Earthsong," Tengu replies. "The HOW of it... well, I never really wrapped my head around that. The why... well, back on our homeworlds, we were all... sick. Coming here - it keeps us from getting worse."

"Sick? Is that why we can't remember?"

"Actually," K'Thonya responds, having walked over to join the conversation, "That's a side effect of the trip here."

"Oh," the stranger replies with a nod. That makes sense. Sort of.

"So," K'Thonya asks, "What DO you remember?"

"Me? Uh... well. Just... waking up under that tree, and the birds, and... Skogul."

K'Thonya pauses for a moment. Nanashi, walking out in front of the other three, glances back inconspicuously. K'Thonya does her best to reassure the purple woman. "It's okay. It's probably just the shock of everything. It'll come back to you, miss..."

K'Thonya trails off briefly before continuing. "That's right. We haven't even given you a name!"

"Given me... but, I already have one, I'm sure..." She struggles to remember it, but, of course, she cannot. She sighs, a palm on her forehead. "This amnesia is really getting on my nerves."

"Ain't that the sparkin' truth," Tengu agrees.

"I'll admit it still bothers me sometimes that I can't remember my real name," K'Thonya confesses. "K'Thonya suits me well enough, but... it's like there's this itch at the back of my mind, telling me it should be something else."

"Still," Tengu says, "We need to call you something!"

"Would you like to choose your own name?" K'Thonya asks.

The stranger sighs. "I... how could I? It feels... it feels like something that has to be given."

"Maybe that's a custom on your homeworld, then," K'Thonya remarks. "We can't remember specific events, but we retain the knowledge of our cultures, and our societies. Maybe it's already starting to come back to you."

"How about Alram?" Tengu offers. "That's what we called the big purple rodents on my homeworld!"

K'Thonya and the newcomer are visibly disgusted.

"What?" Tengu asks incredulously. "She's purple! There's a connection!"

"I swear you have no poetry in your soul, Tengu," K'Thonya says with an amused shake of her head.

"Eh! Poetry is for civilians! I'm a general!" She says it loudly and proudly, as if to try and make sure the newcomer hears it this time.

"Nanashi named most of us at the Haven," K'Thonya explains. "Maybe she can come up with something for you."

"Pffft," Tengu scoffs. "She named me after some annoying goblins from her homeworld!"

"She didn't!" The purple lady is offended on Tengu's behalf.

"Oh, she did! I don't think she reckoned on me LIKING it, though, if you get my drift..."

"What about it, Nanashi?" K'Thonya calls ahead to the human. "Do you have any ideas for our new guest's name?"

Nanashi pauses and turns, looking her over coldly. "...Willow. The amethyst tree we found her by looks like the willow trees on my world. We might as well call her that."

"It's perfect," K'Thonya says, visibly delighted. "She's even the same colors as the tree!" She turns to the newly-christened Willow. "Amethyst trees are very rare, you know. Very special. Like you," she says with a wink.

"Yeah, good call, Nan," Tengu agrees. Willow thanks Nanashi, rather tepidly - but she's already turned back around and continued walking.

The four continue their journey for hours, and by the time the sun begins to set, Willow especially is exhausted. She asks how much farther the Haven is - only for K'Thonya to respond that they've nearly arrived, gesturing to the huge, slate-grey, craggy mountain in front of them.

"You live... in a mountain? Like, a cave?"

"You'll see when we get there," Tengu teases her.

The four arrive at a cliff at the base of the mountain at twilight. Nanashi presses a small stone in the cliff face, and the cliff itself opens up, its rocky face parting to reveal a torch-lit tunnel. They travel through - it's a surprisingly short distance - and when they emerge on the other side, they find the Haven itself - a stone fortress with crystal spires, its main gate flanked by two amethyst trees. Above it is the gleaming dusk sky, though they haven't traveled nearly far enough to have gone through the mountain.

"Most of the mountain is made of abdite stone," Tengu explains. "Looks like normal rock from one side, but it's clear on the other! Crazy, huh? Earthsong made it so we wouldn't feel too claustrophobic in here. If you look closely you can see it shimmer from the right angles."

Indeed, as Willow looks up she can see glimmers of light in parts off the sky, seemingly reflecting off of nothing. "So is Earthsong... a magician? A scientist?"

"A bit of both, I guess," Tengu replies coyly.

The group enters the Haven. On the inside, it's carefully-decorated with gems and all manner of flowers and plants. There is no floor; the walls are built atop the grass, which serves as a natural carpet. Willow is led to a central room to meet Earthsong. Inside is a grove of trees with a pristine white throne at the center. Hung on the throne is a flowing white dress with a large, round purple gem serving as its front clasp, where the center of the wearer's chest would be. Though there appears to be no one inside, the others assure Willow that Earthsong will meet her there.

"Earthsong likes to do the new arrival meet-and-greets one on one," Tengu says. "But we'll come right back for you once you're done. You have nothing to worry about, okay?"

Though anxious to be left alone, Willow finally walks into the throne room on her own, approaching the throne. As the others depart, Willow turns to watch them go, and then stares at the entrance in anticipation of Earthsong's arrival. But behind her, the dress lifts itself off of the throne, floating in the air. The purple gem flashes, and Earthsong materializes.

Earthsong (voice and motion capture by Jennifer Connelly) appears like a spirit, pink and translucent, humanoid but with a face that is smooth and featureless save a pair of large, expressive purple eyes. Her "hair" seems like a part of her head, curling upward like the first shoots of a young plant bursting through the soil. She floats in midair, possessing no apparent legs or torso - nothing below the top of her open-front dress.

"Greetings, child," she calls softly. A startled Willow turns and stares in awe at her appearance. "I am Earthsong. Do not be frightened."

Willow stands there speechless, collecting her thoughts, so Earthsong continues after a moment's pause.

"I do hope your journey here was not too arduous. You arrived quite far from the Haven. Usually I am able to pull children here with greater accuracy. My apologies. But let us finish our introductions. Have you chosen a name yet?"

The question finally breaks her from her trance. "It's... well, Nanashi called me Willow. It's a tree."

"How delightful," Earthsong responds cheerily. "I do so love trees. They were the first things I created when I prepared my surface."

"I'm... sorry, I don't mean to be rude," Willow says incredulously, "But what are you?"

Earthsong is not offended; this is a question every new arrival asks. "Ah, dearest child. I am the world around you - the very planet to which you have been brought." She gestures to the gemstone on her dress. "This form is but a shade of the lifeforce deep within me, projected by my manifest stone. It is made from my elemental lifeblood; it projects my consciousness here to interact with you."

"It's beautiful," Willow says. She reaches out to touch the stone. Earthsong is startled, and begins to utter a warning - too late. Willow places her fingers on the gem's surface, though nothing seems to happen. Still, Willow draws her hand back quickly, having seen Earthsong's reaction. "Oh, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have..."

"...Think nothing of it," Earthsong says. "We have more important things to concern ourselves with anyhow. Such as why it is you have been brought here. First, let me assure you it was for your own personal safety."

"Tengu said something about a sickness?"

"Yes, Willow," Earthsong says. "You, like the others here, have been stricken by a condition which blights children and planets alike. Had you remained on your homeworld, you would have perished when it attained its final form, which it now has. Here on my surface, you are safe from its harmful effects. In fact, here, it will grant you great power. You doubtless saw the others use theirs when they came to retrieve you."

"You mean... I can do those things too?"

"Not quite. Each child's ability is specific to their homeworld. You will discover your own ability in time. For now, though, allow me to sate your curiosity as much as I can. I would like to show you a bit more about how it is this situation came about, and why we are all here."

"Show me?"

"Sometimes, I fear, words are not enough. I can give you a glimpse into my memories, if you will allow it."

"Well... all right," Willow agrees. Earthsong thanks her, and presses a single luminous finger softly against her forehead...

We see what Willow sees. A vast black ocean of stars, in a time long lost to mortal memory. A crowd of dozens of beings like Earthsong - glowing, translucent planetary avatars, not all of which are so humanoid - is gathered together around three leaders. One, green with a head topped with ethereal leaves, is Gaia (voice and mocap by Stevie Nicks), who we know as Earth. The next is red and spiny-headed, a distant, ancient world known as Sage (voice and mocap by Ben Kingsley). The third is blue, with a vaguely canine head; his dress and appearance recall the mythology of ancient Egypt, and he is called Anuptah (voice and mocap by James Earl Jones).

Milling nervously among the crowd of planets is Earthsong herself, looking woefully out of place. She narrates as we watch events play out, muffled voices of the old worlds in the background.

"Ages ago, the three Alpha Planets, Gaia, Sage, and Anuptah, called a planetary council. Each planet's manifest stone, if they had one, was transported deep into space. Most of us did not know why we were there, but it did not escape our notice that the Sidera - the stars themselves, our creators - were paying attention to what was going on, something they rarely deign to do."

Indeed, the nearest star is glowing with pulses of multicolored light, like a heartbeat, observing the council silently.

"I had just finished crafting my surface into something habitable and was preparing to create children of my own. I did not want to be there. None of us did."

The chatter among the gathered planets grows into a cacophony of frustrated voices until finally Sage calls the meeting to order.

"I wish we had been brought together under better circumstances," Sage says, "But we are facing a crisis. A plague has begun to strike sleeping planets - planets with children whom they no longer pay any mind."

Anuptah is less delicate about the situation. "Your selfish slumber is costing your children their lives!"

The crowd is unmoved. There are frustrated shouts from the gathered masses - "We have BILLIONS of children," one planet calls out. "No plague could kill them all!"

"They are capable of looking after themselves," another cries. "They have done so for centuries! Let us sleep!"

Gaia tries a softer approach, making an emotional plea. "Brothers, sisters! These are your children! How can you say such things? We must take action!" But her insistence falls on deaf ears. The visiting planets, roused from centuries of deep sleep, do not care. They feel their time is being wasted.

"SLOTHFUL CRETINS," Anuptah shouts. "Your fate is tied to that of your children! If you do not concern yourself with their lives, it will cost you yours!" He turns to Sage angrily, clenching his fists, seeing no other option... "SHOW THEM!"

With a deep sigh, Sage begins to conjure something in his hands. "I had hoped not to resort to scare tactics," he laments, "But I suppose it is necessary after all. Behold!" In his hands is a manifest stone - it is dull, cracked, lifeless. A useless rock in a golden ring.

"This is the destiny of those who would ignore the plight of their children! Death! It has already claimed one of us."

This sends the crowd into a panic. "Until then," Earthsong narrates, "We hadn't known we were capable of dying - though the children of some planets were already doing their best to kill their worlds, in their ignorance. It took a great while before the crowd could be calmed enough to hear the words of the Alpha Planets once more."

The memory skips forward in a dreamlike blur, a vortex of colors and light, reforming as Gaia explains the predicament. "The plague is caused by our own core elements," she says, touching her manifest stone. "As we sleep, our plates shift, and fragments of our element escape to the surface. The amount is so small it escapes our notice. But it is still a part of us - faintly aware, seeking to rejoin with our essence. Unable to do so, it seeks out the nearest living trace of our essence - our children."

Gaia conjures a vision to the gathered crowd, a demonstrative illusion like a flickering holographic projection. There is an elf-like being, his eyes faintly aglow. "As the element accumulates within them, it attracts more of itself, saturating their lifeblood. At first, the child benefits. They gain powers nearly matching those of our Eves, our first-borns. But when too much of the element accumulates inside of them, it becomes unstable. With a catalyst - a strong moment of emotion - it crystallizes inside of them."

The elf is with a woman - his mother - bidding him farewell as he departs on a journey. He turns to leave, and a single tear rolls down his cheek. With a sudden gasp, he doubles over in pain, falling to the ground, clutching his chest. "When fully formed, this crystal - this Soulstone - reacts strongly to the ambient energy of our element. So close to our cores, the result is catastrophic. Their bodies cannot withstand it."

The elf struggles to breathe in vain. A glow burns through his chest - in the shape of a four-pointed crystal, the kind visible on Nanashi's chest. Its searing energy erupts from his veins, reducing him to ash.

"Many of you have likely already felt this happen. In your rest, you were unconcerned. But over the ages, as this phenomenon goes unchecked, a significant amount of our core is lost."

"THIS is what happened to your foolish sibling," Anuptah declares. "They slept on while countless Soulstones formed and self-destructed! They slept on as countless children perished in agony! Your ambivalence will be your death!"

"Now, Anuptah," Sage calmly states. "There is no need to lose our heads. Thus far, only sleeping planets have suffered this anomaly. If we remain wakeful, we can-"

There's a sharp cry of pain from Gaia, a flash of her manifest stone. The others turn to her in shock. She is already recovering, but still aching, her hand on her gem, her eyes narrowed in fatigue. "...It's happened," she chokes out.

"You can't mean... you've never slept, Gaia!" A look of despair overcomes Anuptah.

"It was a Soulstone," she confirms with audible terror. "One of my children has been taken by the plague."

The other planets fall into hushed, frightful silence.

"It happened so fast," Gaia continues, the pain of mourning in her voice. "If it ever happened to me, I thought... I hoped I could sense it in time, could stop it. I thought I could save them..."

"The Alpha Planets were at a loss. All seemed hopeless," Earthsong narrates, "Until another young planet spoke up from the crowd to offer his thoughts."

"If I may, council," a voice calls. It is the same voice that called out to Skogul during the battle, but lighter, younger, warmer. Uncorrupted. It belongs to a planet with a light blue avatar clad in a long black and silver robe, his smooth, bald-looking head adorned with a flickering cyan flame (voice and motion capture by Benedict Cumberbatch). "I have a suggestion. Perhaps it is distance, not wakefulness, that is the solution to our problem? If the afflicted children were removed from their planets' surfaces, just long enough for the Soulstone to be removed or rendered inert - then it would not react so dangerously, yes?"

A flicker of hope dances behind Gaia's eyes, though she is still unsure. "How could we do this? The Soulstone, it forms so quickly! I barely sensed it before it..."

She trails off, and the young Beluosus continues. "Perhaps... if the Sidera would assist us in that matter. Surely with their essence, their power, we could find and retrieve these unfortunate victims before they perish."

"The Sidera do not give out their element freely," Anuptah chides him. "Certainly not on the whim of some uninhabited planet."

"It is not a whim," Beluosus responds, "It is a plan! A plan to save the entire universe, no less. And I am no longer so barren. My surface is prepared, and my Eve has been born. I volunteer to play host to these endangered children! While I devote my attention to retrieving them, my Eve and her offspring will care for the visitors."

Though Beluosus is quite confident in his plan, the Alpha Planets are not so certain. "You have created your Eve?" Gaia asks sympathetically. "Then you are as vulnerable as any of the rest of us, brother."

"Not so," Beluosus attempts to retort. "I have taken steps to assure that-"

"You cannot say for sure," Sage interrupts. "If even vigilant Gaia has fallen victim to this plight, then none of us with children are safe."

"Would you have us guard ice with fire!?" Anuptah asks with his usual vigor.

"But I am still young," Beluosus says pleadingly. "My plates do not shift, and so-"

"THAT IS ENOUGH, INSOLENT WHELP!" Anuptah has had enough of what he sees as pointless grandstanding. The crowd erupts again into shouts and arguments, frantic discussions and debate, until finally, a multitude of authoritative voices boom out from nearby star, speaking in a universal harmony.

"The plan is sound," they say, and the planets are quieted at once. "We will supply the means. A throne made of our element would grant one of you the abilities necessary. But it cannot be this planet. He has his burden already."

"Great stars," Beluosus begs, "If you would only-"

"Hold, brother!" Sage calls out a warning to the young planet. "The almighty Sidera have seen fit to adopt your plan. That should be enough. You would do well not to question them."

"...of course," Beluosus says, defeated. "My apologies."

"Then we need a volunteer," Gaia says. "Is there a childless planet among us who would take up this eternal charge? One willing to forgo children of their own to save ours? To save us?"

There is a hush over the crowd as the vision closes in on Earthsong, zooming across the gathered, terrified faces of every life-bearing planet in the universe. "The silence was deafening," Earthsong narrates, "And I admit I hesitated for a good while before I spoke up. But I have never looked back."

The vision fades as Earthsong removes her finger from Earthsong's forehead, the throne room blurring back into view. "And so I was named Stonekeeper, my eternal duty to remain by the throne so I may use its power to save the afflicted children of my siblings. So now you understand why you are here. Within you, a Soulstone has crystallized."

Willow is overwhelmed. She takes a moment to process her thoughts, to reorient herself in physical space. "So..." she finally asks, "Does that mean I'm stuck here forever?"

"No, my child. In a month's time, when you have recovered from your journey, the throne will allow me to safely remove your soulstone. You will be returned to the exact time and place from which you were taken. The power of the Sidera allows feats that most would think impossible. For the time being, my guardians will protect you in the Haven."

"You mean from the others Nanashi fought?" Willow asks. "They have Soulstones too, don't they? You brought them here to save their lives... and they're out there trying to kidnap the other victims? Why?"

"Ah..." Earthsong hesitates, the long-simmering pain of memories burning in her eyes. "That is not typically a story I share on a newcomer's first night. It is... unpleasant. For you and for me."

"After all I've seen today, I think I can handle it," Willow says. But Earthsong is unwilling to continue, more, it seems, for her own sake than for Willow's.

"...If you must know, perhaps a member of Haven's Guard will be willing to share the details. For now, though, you are safe within the Haven." At the entrance to the throne room, Tengu peeks her head through the door. "I see Tengu is here to escort you to your room. I believe that is more than enough for tonight anyhow."

"Well... all right," Willow relents. "But I still have lots of things I'd like to ask you."

"I am sure you do. I look forward to speaking with you again, child. But for now, you need your rest."

Willow departs the throne room with Tengu, but Earthsong does not dematerialize. Instead, she speaks into the air. "What do you think of her?" She asks.

Nanashi fades out of invisibility nearby, having observed the pair's interaction from behind the throne. "She stands up for herself well enough, but I don't believe she has the stamina for battle. I doubt she will stay past a month."

"Indeed," Earthsong agrees. "But that is not what I meant. There's something... different about her."

"There are a few things that are curious," Nanashi says indifferently, "But nothing extraordinary."

"Do you recognize her species?"

"No," Nanashi says, "I admit I do not."

"Nor do I."

"We cannot be expected to remember all of-"

"Nanashi," Earthsong interrupts. "Just before you arrived - she touched my manifest stone. And it did not harm her in the slightest."

"She WHAT?" Nanashi is shocked. "The energy it radiates should have driven her off. There's NEVER been a visitor who could come within a yard of you without suffering the effects."

"Indeed," Earthsong says with a confused nod. "Until now, you were the only one."

"This... complicates things. We will need to pay closer attention to her than I had thought," Nanashi confesses.

Morning dawns in Willow's quarters. The room is small but comfortable, an ornate bed, desk and dresser sitting atop the grass floor. Flowering vines crawl up the stone walls, and the early sunlight shines in through a large window. As the window creaks open, Willow is stirred from her sleep to see the silhouette of a draconic woman, long scaly tail dangling out the other side of the window under a pair of powerful leathery wings, her clawed feet upon the windowsill, the faint outlines of a grin visible on her horn-topped head.

Willow isn't sure if she's awake or not. The events of the previous day seem so strange - has it all been a dream? Is it still? She squeezes her eyes back shut. The dragon-lady flutters over to the foot of Willow's bed, landing with a soft thump on the wooden posts of its frame. She clears her throat to get Willow's attention. Frightened, Willow opens her eyes and sits up, squinting at the dark figure in front of her. "Wh-what do you want?" she asks.

"Hmmm..." the intruder rumbles in a growling baritone.

"...PANCAKES!"

Willow gasps at the sudden proclamation, before she fully processes what was actually said. "...Wait. Pancakes?"

"Yeah," the woman (Stefanie Scott) says cheerily, leaping off the bed and into the stream of light from the window. She's a young, jubilant woman, a white, almost toga-like dress draped over her purple scales, her expression not a menacing smirk but an enthusiastic smile. "But I promised Earthsong I'd show you around first," she continues. "So up and at 'em, lady! I'm hungry!" Playfully, she flicks her tail over to the bed, using its tip to pull the sheets off of Willow, who is thankfully wearing a long white nightgown. Willow stares transfixed, perplexed, still not fully awake.

"Well, come on," the dragon-woman continues. "Don't just sit there like a swarg on a mugluckt!"

"What?" Willow asks, not just about that statement but about... well, everything.

"Haven's a big place, y'know! We've got lots to see!" Beaming, the woman shoots out a hand as if offering to shake as she introduces herself. "So! The name's Felucca, and we are going to have a FANTASTIC time today!" When Willow doesn't immediately reach for her clawed hand, she retracts it and points it out the door instead. "I'll show you the kitchen and the pantry and the tower and the library and the hall and the sanctuary and the orchards and the aviary and uh-" Felucca interrupts her own breathless monologue to ask a question of Willow, who's still not moved. "Say, you aren't one of those species that takes like a month to move across a room, are you? Because if you are this is going to take a LOT longer. I could help you get dressed if that'd shave a week off your prep time!"

"NO!" Willow finally shouts, recoiling. "Look, just - just give me a minute, all right?"

We cut to the tour in progress, Willow back in her purple dress, walking along dutifully behind Felucca, half-listening to her rapid-fire tour guide talk. "And so there aren't any floors in the Haven because, well, it's symbolic," Felucca says as the pair traverse a corridor. "Earthsong feels like having a floor would be like putting a barrier up between her and us, and she doesn't-"

Willow cuts Felucca off mid-sentence, her eyes suddenly fixed on a grand archway they are passing which leads out into a densely-vegetated area behind the main fortress. "Can we go in there?"

"The garden? Sure," Felucca says, clearly delighted that Willow has taken an interest in something. "We were stopping there next anyway," she lies.

The pair proceed through the arch out into the garden, which is filled with all manner of exotic plants; flowers in every color imaginable, trees that twist together in organic helices, bioluminescent vines strung between pillars like strings of electric lights. Willow is spellbound, taking in everything she can in a sweeping, unblinking gaze. From behind a bush emerges K'Thonya, holding a strange blue fruit.

"Good morning Willow," she greets. "How was your meeting with Earthsong?"

"Very... informative," Willow says with a small smile. "It was a lot to take in."

"I wouldn't doubt it," K'Thonya says. "Earthsong's had quite an eventful history. It's such a shame the way that monster Beluosus has blighted her efforts."

"Have... you seen him? In person?"

"Me? No, I can't say I have. I've been here a few years now, and I've encountered all of the Mandragora - that's what his servants call themselves. But he doesn't venture far from his core in the badlands-"

"Not with ME around!" Felucca shouts proudly, baring her fangs. "I'd show ol' flamehead what for if he poked his head out of that cave!"

"I think he MIGHT be more worried about Nanashi, Felucca," K'Thonya says with an amused shake of her head.

"Wait," Willow says, confused. "His core is here, on Earthsong? And - why would a planet be afraid of Nanashi? Earthsong wouldn't tell me much about him..."

"She's still sensitive about it," K'Thonya acknowledges with an air of melancholy. "It's a terrible story."

"Wanna hear it!?" Felucca asks with her usual enthusiasm.

"If you don't mind..."

As Felucca and K'Thonya tell the tale, we are shown the events in flashback.

Earthsong had been tending to the victims of the Soulstone plague for quite some time when, suddenly, Beluosus' robe and manifest stone streaked out of the sky like a blue meteor, crash-landing on her surface. It was unprecedented - the planets, as a matter of practice, do not visit one another. He landed far from the throne where Earthsong had to remain, and so some of the children she was healing volunteered to serve as emissaries to go greet him. But their welcome was not warmly accepted. As he took his ethereal form, Beluosus killed each of the emissaries, ripping the Soulstones from their chests.

Earthsong could sense the deaths of her surrogate children. She panicked, trying to heal and return as many as she could, but she was short on time. Beluosus was headed for her, for the throne. Along the way, he killed every child he came across, reaping their Soulstones for himself. Still, she managed - she thought - to send all of the survivors back to their homeworlds before he finally arrived. She planned to face him alone.

By now, Beluosus was visibly corrupted - his blue form an ashen grey, his robe tattered, his flames clouded with dark smoke. He claimed the deaths of the children was an "unfortunate necessity," the only way to treat his "condition" - presumably he had himself fallen victim to the Soulstone crisis. But what he really wanted was the throne, the power of the Sidera he had been denied. Earthsong refused to give it to him, and so the two engaged in a heated battle. They swooped through the air, blasting away at one another with their cosmic power, bursts of light setting the sky on fire. Watching it all was one last child of Earthsong who had hidden away, staying behind in case the Stonekeeper should need her - Nanashi.

The battle came to an end when Beluosus landed a devastating direct hit on Earthsong's manifest stone. As it shattered, her projected form faded away, leaving the throne unprotected. Nanashi, unaware of the nature of Earthsong's existence, thought she had been killed. In her desperate rage, Nanashi ran out of hiding and attempted to attack Beluosus, armed with nothing but a stick, a piece of a tree branch that had been blasted off in the battle. She was quickly overcome. The invading planet slammed her against the throne, ripping out her Soulstone and leaving her to die as he retrieved Earthong's manifest stone, trying to work his powers on it for some unknown purpose.

But as Nanashi slumped against the throne, the Sidera themselves were observing, admiring her dedication and courage. With her last breaths, Nanashi pleaded for a way to save Earthsong, to continue her mission to protect life - and her wish was granted. The Sidera infused her with a piece of their power, resurrecting her, granting her strength and abilities never before seen in a mortal. A new soulstone formed on her chest, forged of the Sideran element, the pure essence of the stars that had birthed the planets. The twin swords came to her in a burst of blinding starlight, each blade made from the same element as the throne - the most powerful weapons known to the universe.

Beluosus did not relent. He told Nanashi he would spare her life if he gave her the swords. But she was not about to make a deal with a monster. With the righteous fury of all of creation, she struck him down, shattering his manifest stone, and then used the power of the Sidera to repair Earthsong's. The stars appointed Nanashi the eternal guardian of the Stonekeeper and her throne.

It was not long before Beluosus returned, not only with a newly-formed manifest stone, but his entire core. The massive concentration of his element and conciousness smashed into Earthsong's surface with the force of an asteroid, burying itself deep in her crust, blighting the land around it and creating the badlands. He prepared for war, capturing Earthsong's surrogate children, infecting their Soulstones with traces of his own element so that he could manipulate them with the threat of pain and suffering unlike they had ever felt. Some, like Skogul, joined him willingly, lured by lies and promises. Earthsong was forced to relocate the throne and construct the Haven to protect it, and, with Nanashi's aid, recruit volunteers from those she had saved to take up arms in the war against the Mandragora.

The war has continued for untold ages, Nanashi remaining the entire time. The Sideran element grants her use of the abilities of many planets, but wielding such energy, not meant for mortals, drains her quickly. She has led countless children into battle against Beluosus and his forces, but for centuries, the war has remained a stalemate, the two sides racing to claim each new arrival to bolster their ranks and attempt to tip the balance of power.

"So... will I need to fight in this war?" Willow asks, concerned, as the story ends and the present fades back into view.

"Earthsong does not believe in forcing children into service," K'Thonya assures her. "For the first month before your Soulstone can be removed, you'll stay here in the Haven. After that, if you want, you're free to return to your homeworld."

"Yeah, but we can always use more people on our team," Felucca says. "And I can already tell I like you! C'mon! Purple people of Earthsong unite! Beluosus doesn't stand a chance against our combined powers!"

Willow is nervous, unsure. But Felucca's energy is infectious, and she can't help but smile. "...Maybe," she says. "It will take some time for me to process all of this..."

"No one's asking you to make a decision right now," K'Thonya says, with a pointed, accusatory look at her draconic friend.

"So hey, now that I think of it," Felucca continues unfazed, "What IS your power?"

"Um... well." Willow shrugs. "It's still strange to think that I even have one. How would I know what I can do?"

"Well it's the same for everyone from the same planet," Felucca says. "Earthsong did't tell you what your species' power is?"

"No... nothing like that..."

"You'll find out at the end of the month," K'Thonya assures her, "At your Haldisian Ceremony. That's when Earthsong either removes your Soulstone and sends you back, or stabilizes it so you can use its power."

"So it's either an awesome send-off party or it's when we show you how to use your new powers if you decide to stay!" Felucca steps over to Willow's side and tosses an arm around her shoulder. "But you're staying, right?"

"FELUCCA!" K'Thonya is not amused by the way she's pressuring the new arrival.

"What? C'mon!" Felucca is indignant as K'Thonya glares at her with an icy, silent anger, but eventually relents... sort of. "Oh FINE!" She says. "What I really mean is that you should make the choice that you're COMFORTABLE with and feel NO obligation to stay and fight the evil baddies who are trying to destroy this entire world and PROBABLY every other one too!"

By the time Felucca has finished speeding through her rant, Willow is in tears, sniffling softly as she gazes up at the dragon. Felucca is immediately overwhelmed with guilt. "Oh, wait... I didn't..."

"Felucca, I SWEAR," K'Thonya scolds. "If only you thought as fast as you talked... just, go over there for a while, will you?"

Felucca begins to protest, but nods silently, retreating to another part of the garden and leaving Willow alone with K'Thonya. Willow apologizes for crying, wiping away her tears as she attempts to collect herself - but K'Thonya tells her not to worry.

"If it makes you feel any better, you're doing MUCH better than I did when I first arrived. Let's just say the dishes in the kitchen needed to be replaced."

"Really?" Willow chuckles at the thought of this strong, measured woman going on a plate-smashing rampage.

"Yeah. It's hard for everyone," K'Thonya continues. "Felucca... well, she's been here so long that she forgets how confusing it can be. But she means well."

"Yes... I know," Willow says, turning in the direction Felucca walked off and calling her back. "Felucca?"

"Willow, I'm..." Felucca, clearly ashamed, tries to put together an apology. She's searching for the right words when Willow cuts her off.

"It's all right. Don't give it another thought, really," she offers diplomatically. Felucca's mood turns on a dime, her jubilant expression returning as she runs over and surprises Willow with an uncomfortably strong hug.

"Thanks Willow! You're the best!" Just as she releases her from the tight embrace, before she can catch her breath, an excited Felucca asks, "Hey, you wanna see MY power!?"

"NOT in the garden, Felucca," K'Thonya insists. "Last time you destroyed my runeberry bush!"

"Oh, fine," Felucca pouts. "I'll show you on the way to the watchtower," Felucca says to Willow before addressing K'Thonya once more. "What about you? You gonna show her yours?"

"Willow saw me use my power in battle yesterday," K'Thonya responds.

"Yeah, but you haven't shown her THE LOOK!"

"Oh! Well... I don't know. It's... not very flattering."

Felucca sticks out her lower lip in an exaggerated mask of sadness and pining. "But it's a FANTASTIC myth! You've got to show her! Pleeeeeeeeease?"

K'Thonya sighs and rolls her eyes. "Only if you'd like to see it, Willow."

"Well, I think Felucca might cry if I say no, so... if you wouldn't mind?"

Felucca cheers excitedly as K'Thonya goes to work, the gems on her gauntlets glowing as she exerts her power, strands of her hair floating up and coming alive. "My people can shape metal with our minds. Back home, it's slow and difficult. But here, with my Soulstone, I can do it with a passing thought. Our hair is mostly metal fibers, so I can shape it as easily as my gauntlets. One day, Nanashi saw me controlling it, and it reminded her of a myth from her homeworld..."

The metallic tendrils of K'Thonya's hair begin to slither around in midair like a nest of snakes. She even forms little mouths and fangs at their ends for effect. "Something called Gorgons. Apparently they were so ugly, looking at one could turn you to stone."

"Nanashi thinks you're ugly?" Willow asks sadly.

"No, that's not her opinion," K'Thonya chuckles, letting her hair back down. "It's just the creatures in the myth. Things get lost in translation."

"But how could her people have a myth about yours?"

"Remnants work both ways," K'Thonya explains. "When you return to your homeworld, you can only remember... fragments, glimmers of your time here. The people who go back take those shard of memory and spread them, and they become myths. Often when others of the same species arrive, they recognize us, or something about us, from their legends. The library in the Haven is full of the stories and tales of hundreds of worlds!"

Willow is fascinated, but when she asks if K'Thonya or Felucca remember any myths about people like her, neither can say they do. Felucca tries to change the subject by asking Willow what her remnant is, but naturally, that just embarrasses Willow further.

"Felucca," K'Thonya explains softly, "She can't remember it just yet."

"Just yet? Who can't remember thei-"

OOF!

K'Thonya elbows Felucca in the gut to shut her up. Willow is upset enough already.

"I mean," Felucca corrects herself, "Who cares about a silly remnant anyway? They're not important or anything. They're usually really pointless and dull and boring and-"

"Would you like to tell me yours, Felucca?" Willow asks already knowing the answer.

"I'd LOVE to!" Felucca shouts, her wings flapping excitedly, sending gusts of wind billowing through the garden. She launches into a semi-coherent, pauseless rant.

"So here I am in the middle of this HUGE fight and I think that I'm fighting alongside my uncle or maybe it's my dad but I'm PRETTY sure it's my uncle and we're busy taking down this big 'ol nasty tribe and some guy knocks down my uncle so I swing in there and give him a whack or two with my mace but then there's some OTHER guy sneakin' around behind me and he's going after my uncle too so I think my uncle must have been the leader of our tribe or something 'cause I don't know why else they'd be going for him when I'm OBVIOUSLY the bigger threat but I notice this dork right when he's about to land a CRUSHING BLOW on my uncle's head so I dive right in front of it and I'm not sure if I get hit or not 'cause the next thing I know I wake up here and everything's really quiet!"

"...unlike you," K'Thonya snarks. Felucca doesn't seem to hear her.

"Well, that's, uh," Willow fumbles as she didn't even hear half of it.

"I know right!? THAT'S a story worth telling! Not like K'Thonya's where it's just a big pile of mush!"

"Oh?" Willow asks, looking to K'Thonya expectantly.

"It's... nothing, really. It was just... my first kiss," she says with the hint of a blush tinting her cheeks.

"Sweet lil' K'Thonya, brought to Earthsong by WUUUUUUUUUUUUV!" Felucca teases, puckering her scaly lips. K'Thonya just sighs and tries to ignore her, and when Felucca can't seem to get a rise out of her, she shifts her attention back to Willow.

"Anyway, we need to keep moving! It's almost lunchtime and I STILL haven't gotten my pancakes!"

"Would you like to come, K'Thonya?" Willow offers.

"We're headed to the library next," Felucca adds with a smile.

"Sure! I need to pick up a book on pest control anyway. The fire beetles are RAVAGING my lathraeas."

The three head off to the library, and K'Thonya finds the section she needs and goes to look for her book. Felucca, meanwhile, calls out for someone named Zaebos. "He's the librarian," she explains.

"He?" Willow asks, mildly surprised. "I was starting to think there were only women here."

"Huh! I've never thought about it before," Felucca notes, "But yeah, mostly! Aside from Zaebos, who is being very shy right now, it's a big 'ol girl's party here at the Haven!"

"Hardly," a man's voice echoes from down one of the many long rows of books, startling the two. "Tengu is neither male nor female," the man continues, his face - and the book he's holding - illuminated by a small flame dancing atop one of his fingers. Zaebos (Jesse Eisenberg) is, in Earth terms, a demon - he has a head with the horns and ears of a goat, a thin, constantly-moving tail, and two large, hooved, cloven feet. His entire body is covered in bright red fur, and he wears his long sanguine hair in a ponytail. He's dressed in a gold-and-crimson robe and a pair of reading glasses.

"ZAEBOS," Felucca yells, "You scared the bejeebus out of u- I mean Willow!"

"I apologize, Ms. Willow," he states calmly and diplomatically. "I simply wished to note that the assertion there is only one non-female member of the Guard is incorrect. And please do tuck your wings in, Felucca," he adds with a bit of a frown. "I am not interested in the events of your LAST visit to the library being repeated."

With a snap of his fingers, Zaebos extinguishes the flame, closing the book he's holding shut. "All fairies look feminine by the standards of most other species, but their species has only a singular sex."

"Yeah," Felucca says with a shrug. "It's weird."

"There are 37 documented single-sex species that have appeared on Earthsong," Zaebos corrects her. "It is not an unusual phenomenon by any means."

"Pffffffffffft, there are four sexes on my homeworld. You're ALL weirdos to me."

"So," Willow asks Zaebos, "Does that mean women are more likely to develop Soulstones, if there are so many of them here?"

"A good theory," Zaebos states with a nod, "But records show that the various sexes of any given species have appeared with essentially equal frequency during the course of Earthsong's tenure as Stonekeeper. My personal theory is that Earthsong, having been denied an Eve, is attempting to fulfill that desire through the surrogate children she surrounds herself with."

"HEY," Felucca shouts, pointing an accusatory finger. "Are you saying I'm only here because I'm a GIRL?"

"Not at all," Zaebos replies haughtily. "Your Soulstone power makes you quite useful in battle, though its value is FREQUENTLY outweighed by your chronic clumsiness and propensity for mischief."

"WHAT!? Bring it ON, goat-boy! Your momma eats tin cans for breakfast!" Felucca retorts angrily.

"I am not about to participate in this childishness," Zaebos scowls as he turns to leave. "Good day."

"Ha!" Felucca calls out to him. "You're just scared you'll lose... in front of K'Thonya!"

This pushes Zaebos over the edge. He whips around with burning eyes, his cool, scholarly facade cracked. "I was under the impression we had an understanding regarding that... issue," he says, marching back over to Felucca and getting right up in her face. "If such is NOT the case, I will have no qualms about informing Nanashi about just who was responsible for the incident with the noodles."

"Oh, whatever, you cranky furball," Felucca replies dismissively. "I've never said anything to her about it!"

"The arrangement was that nothing was to be said AT ALL."

"Fine, fine," she says. "I'm sorry, sheesh."

"Now," he commands her sternly, "You will EXIT the library. And for the Sidera's sake, watch your tail!"

Zaebos apologizes to Willow for his temper and invites her to visit him again some other time - preferably without Felucca, who he pretends not to notice is making mocking faces behind him. However, he suggests she should go ahead for now and wrap up her tour. As Willow and Felucca leave, Willow can't help but ask what that was all about, and Felucca, ever the blabbermouth, is eager to tell her. Apparently, Zaebos has romantic feelings for K'Thonya - but because her remnant is of her first kiss back on her homeworld, he is unwilling to express them, worried he will be intruding on that relationship. Indeed, as they walk down the hall, Willow glances back into the library to see Zaebos helping K'Thonya find her book - and he's rather awkward around her.

"Too many people let their past lives get in the way of what they have HERE," Felucca notes in an exceedingly rare moment of insight. "You gotta live for the moment, Willow! Don't let the past hold you down!"

"I don't remember my-"

"Well don't let THAT hold you down either!"

The pair head outside, which confuses Willow - after all, she thought their next destination was the tower. And the stairs are back inside.

"Stairs?" Felucca asks mockingly. "Stairs are for sissies! We're going in STYLE!" She spreads her wings wide in a proud display, and Willow is immediately mortified.

"Oh... no! No, Felucca, I don't think I need to see the tower anymore!"

"But you haven't even seen my power yet!"

Without warning, a gemstone-encrusted brooch on Felucca's dress begins to glow, and she gradually grows, shifts, transforms - into a full-on dragon, fifteen feet high with a wingspan of twice that. Willow is shocked - even moreso when the transformed Felucca grabs her in her claws, carrying her up to the tower through the air, Willow shrieking all the way.

When they finally land at the top of the watchtower, a terrified and furious Willow is about to launch into a rant - only to be shushed by Felucca, who points to the tower's other occupant. Looking out into the distance is a beautiful elf woman with auburn hair, two white gemstones set in elaborate silver piercings at the outer corners of her eyes. Beside her on the floor sit a bow and quiver.

"I trust that you remember our agreement, Felucca?" she whispers. The dragon woman nods silently. "Good."

The elf stares back out into the distance, her eyes not seeming to focus on anything in particular. There is sadness in them; if anything, she is looking into herself, or her memories. Felucca quietly walks over to the other end of the tower, beckoning for Willow to follow. But Willow instead approaches the elf. She moves slowly, cautiously, but when she begins to speak - even in her softest tone - Felucca whips her head back around in obvious alarm.

"Excuse me," Willow says. "I don't want to bother you, but I'd like to introduce myself. I'm Willow. I just arrived yesterday."

The elf turns her head to face her, blinking as if waking from a trance. "Indeed," she says indifferently, before returning her gaze to the distant nothing.

"Um... what's your name? If you don't mind..."

With an exasperated sigh, the elf responds curtly. "Gwendolyn."

"Oh," Willow says, happy to have gotten any information from her at all. "That's a pretty name."

"Is it?" the elf scoffs. "What does it matter? It's not really mine at all."

"Well, I suppose we're all in the same boat there," Willow offers diplomatically.

"Tell me. How much significance does a name hold in your culture?" Gwendolyn phrases this almost as a challenge, the melancholy glint in her eyes slowly turning to anger.

"Well, I don't know," Willow squeaks out. Gwendolyn doesn't seem to be listening.

"To my people, your name is the essence of your identity. Part of who you are. I EARNED my name through sweat and trial, but here, even that is taken from me!"

Willow pauses before replying as softly as she can. "I'm sorry. I suppose you're right. I can't relate. I can't remember my homeworld at all."

For a moment, clear confusion flashes across Gwendolyn's face, breaking the sculpted rage of her features. "Nothing at all?" Willow nods. "Then you do not bear my burden. It is only the memories of my kin that keep me here. My need to stop that monster before he can touch them. My need to-"

Gwendolyn cuts herself off. The stones by her eyes glow, her pupils dilating. She stares off into the distance again - purposefully this time. Tracking something.

"Leave," she commands, "And take the dragon with you. Something beyond the mountain"So  requires my attention."

With Felucca's highly insistent, but silent, pantomimed urging, Willow capitulates. As she heads to the stairs, though, she whispers one last thing back to the elf.

"I hope you can return to your family soon, Gwendolyn."

The elf does not acknowledge her, but as Willow disappears down the stairs, tears begin to well up in Gwendolyn's eyes.

The tour concludes in the kitchen, and as Felucca finally scarfs down her precious pancakes, Nanashi materializes out of thin air behind Willow, phasing into visibility. She asks to speak with Willow one-on-one, and Felucca tries to respond - but her speech is indecipherable with all the food in her mouth. Realizing this, she simply gives an enthusiastic thumbs-up, waving goodbye as Nanashi escorts Willow back out of the kitchen and into the hall.

"I trust your tour went well?" Nanashi asks as the pair walk through the corridor.

"...yes," Willow says with only some hesitation. "Felucca was very enthusiastic. I like her."

"Good," Nanashi says. For several moments there is an awkward silence, the two exchanging glances as they walk, before finally Nanashi sighs softly and continues. "I... would like to apologize for my curtness with you yesterday. I was feeling quite strained, and-"

"There's no need," Willow says warmly. "I understand. Being here for a day has me stressed enough. And you... well, you've been here for ages, I suppose. The others told me about the responsibility you have. To Earthsong, and to the stars. I think you're entitled to be a bit curt once in a while."

Nanashi appears genuinely surprised at Willow's understanding. "Thank you," she says quietly. They are not words she is used to speaking. "You've met most of Haven's Guard today. Each of us was chosen by Earthsong to remain here as her champions. There are others as well, out beyond the mountain, positioned to respond to new arrivals very far from the Haven. We do our best to reach them all before the Mandragora."

"So that Beluosus doesn't force them to-"

Willow's innocent question sets off an immediate change in mood for Nanashi. She whips her head around toward Willow, her teeth gritted, brow furrowed. "None of those wretched were FORCED to do anything!"

"But, if they're... infected..."

"There is ALWAYS a choice, Willow. The emissaries who went to greet him COULD have submitted, chosen to serve him, as I am sure he demanded. But they CHOSE to die with their dignity. It is better to face death honorably than live in disgrace!"

Nanashi stops long enough to notice Willow's alarmed expression. "I... am sorry," she says, simmering down. "I did not mean to lecture you. Is there anything else you wish to ask?"

After briefly pondering, Willow decides on something - "If you don't mind, I'm curious what your remnant is."

"I don't have a re-"

Nanashi catches the delight, the hope spreading rapidly across Willow's face... and realizes she has misspoken. "What I should say is that... when the Sidera granted me their power, I regained all of my memories. So, in a sense, I do not have a remnant."

Willow tries to hide it, but she is obviously crushed. "Oh. I suppose that makes us opposites, then," she mopes.

"While we are here, we are all children of Earthsong. Just like any family, our differences add to our strength."

"Family? You mean that?"

Nanashi nods, though her smile seems a bit forced. Willow doesn't seem to notice. "Now, if you have no further questions, I will let you go about your own business. Perhaps if you return to the kitchen quickly enough, Felucca will not have eaten all of our food yet." The joke is more than a bit forced. Still, though, Willow appreciates the effort. She bids Nanashi farewell - but as she walks away, the proud warrior continues to watch her. Her facade of friendliness disappears. Something about Willow troubles her deeply.

The film transitions to a montage of Willow's time in the Haven as she awaits her Haldisian Ceremony. Zaebos gives her an empty journal to record her experiences in so that he can add it to the library's collection; much of the library is made of the journals of those who have already returned to their homeworlds. Willow's voiceover narrates a few of her journal entries as the scenes play out in the montage; her fast friendship with Felucca and the pranks the two sometimes pull on the others, a trip with Zaebos to see an example of Earthsong's wildlife - which she recognized immediately as a gryphon much to his surprise, a moment spent stargazing with Tengu, the archery lessons Gwendolyn begrudgingly attempts to give her at Nanashi's insistence, which don't go especially well...

And then, suddenly, a drastic shift in tone.

I'm starting to feel a little like Felucca was assigned to me, Willow narrates from her journal. Like she's meant to keep me busy and distracted from what the others are doing. Whenever I ask her about why I haven't seen some of the others lately, she pretends to be distracted by something shiny. Things like that just seem to keep happening, but maybe I'm just being paranoid...

Another day passes in the montage.

Everyone was back at the Haven today. I asked where they'd been, and they said it was a routine patrol. They did look exhausted, but... I didn't quite believe them. And when I tried to ask for more details, they just told me they had to get to a meeting with Earthsong. I'm not a member of the guard, so I wasn't allowed to attend.

A later entry-

I just realized I haven't seen Earthsong since the day I arrived at the Haven. Her sanctuary has been closed off ever since. Nanashi says I have to wait for her to summon me, but I'm starting to wonder if that will ever really happen. I asked Tengu about it, and she said Earthsong doesn't manifest herself often because it takes too much energy. But part of me felt like she was making that up.

Another-

My training with Gwendolyn hasn't been going well. I think "hopeless" was the word she used. I'm trying, but really, I'm not much of a fighter. I just haven't got it in me to be all brave and dashing. I wish I did... but I don't think it's meant to be. Sometimes I catch her looking at me when she doesn't know I can see. The look in her eyes - it kinds of frightens me.

A more upbeat entry-

I've been here for 21 days now. Zaebos tells me one of Earthsong's months is 28 days, which means my ceremony is only a week away! I haven't thought much about whether I'll stay or not. Staying means I have to fight, and I'm not the best at that... but I don't even know what my Soulstone power is yet! Nanashi says they don't teach you how to use it until you've already committed to staying, so that you're not tempted by the powers and stay for the wrong reasons. That's when you get your augment stones to help focus the power - like the one on Felucca's brooch, or by Gwendolyn's eyes. I wonder what color mine would be! It's kind of frustrating knowing I have this power inside me and not being able to hear what it is... but I understand their reasons.

And then a sharp swing back-

I'm so furious I can hardly write this without my hand shaking. The guard were having another of their secret meetings, and I was left to wander the Haven on my own. When I walked past Earthsong's inner sanctuary, I saw that it was open. I thought I might head inside to see if I could join the meeting, but before I could, I heard what they were saying...

We transition into a full, direct scene with dialogue, not exactly part of the montage. As Willow stands outside the entrance to the sanctuary, Earthsong and the members of the guard sit around a table inside, having an intense discussion.

"Well what about the eye color?" Felucca asks the group.

"We have already been over this," an exhausted Zaebos responds. "Eye color only corresponds to a planet's element in early generations of children. It is NOT a reliable indicator of their homeworld. Their are fifteen recorded species that have exhibited purple eyes like Willow's."

"Well sheesh, fine," a frustrated Felucca grunts as she crosses her arms. "I'd probably get lectured if I asked for the time, too..."

"This is pointless," chimes in the irritated-as-usual Gwendolyn. "We have wasted far too much time and energy on this matter. Her Haldisian Ceremony is in a few days. I say we wait and see. If she leaves, then it is no longer our concern. If she stays, which I doubt, then we will go from there."

"I'm starting to agree with Gwendolyn," K'Thonya nods with a sigh. "Zaebos hasn't been able to find a matching species in any of our records, none of our cultures have myths about her people, and even Earthsong-"

"Yes," the spirit of the planet interjects. "I have been unsuccessful as well. I consulted Sage, but he did not have any inkling of where she could be from. Only he and Anuptah heeded my calls. Gaia and the others were... oddly silent."

"And the Sidera?" Zaebos asks.

"When do the stars ever do anything but when it suits THEM?" asks a bitter Nanashi rhetorically.

"...the Sidera have been quiet," Earthsong notes more calmly.

"We're stuck waiting then, aren't we?" asks Felucca. "We've been sneaking around asking all the off-site members of the guard and none of THEM know either. And I'm sick of it. It... it doesn't feel right to keep that all a secret."

"We can't just sit back and wait!" Tengu insists with militaristic fervor. "What if she's a secret weapon sent by Beluosus? What if he faked her arrival and let us take her?"

"Tengu, stop it. That's not-" Felucca tries to reply before the fairy cuts her off.

"You don't know she's NOT a spy! And it's awfully CONVENIENT she can't remember anything, isn't it? No need to make up some elaborate backstory. We have no idea what she is. But we know she can touch the manifest stone, and if she's impervious to THAT amount of energy, who knows what might happen if she let her powers loose on us?"

"Uncommonly, I must agree with Tengu," Zaebos admits. "We should take extra precautions at her ceremony. She could be dangerous."

"Oh PLEASE," Gwendolyn retorts, rolling her eyes. "She's as dangerous as a ball of dust. And about as useful. Whatever she is, we have no need of her."

"That is unnecessarily harsh, Gwendolyn," Earthsong says.

"But perhaps true," Nanashi claims. "Still, if she could function as a power sink, perhaps we could use her to-"

Willow has heard enough. Furious, she chokes back her tears and storms into the meeting.

"Is THAT all I am to you? Some hapless creature to be studied, used, tossed aside once you've finished dissecting it!?"

"Willow!" Earthsong remarks with a start, everyone at the table turning to face the newcomer in surprise. She tries to say something, anything, to calm her - but Willow will not give her a chance to speak.

"You all talk about me like there's something wrong with me! Well, tell it to my face! Is there?"

"We did not wish to worry you with-"

"WORRY me!? How do you think I felt, being avoided, or pacified, or just plain LIED to? Why couldn't you just TALK to me?"

"Because it is a matter of Haven security," Nanashi replies sternly, coldly. Her body language indicates that she is preparing for a battle, should the need arise. Her eyes fixate on Willow's every movement.

"Oh! So you just let your little SECURITY BREACH wander around the Haven on her own while you come to these meetings to talk about her behind her back?"

"Willow," Zaebos tries to offer diplomatically, "We regret the secrecy, but it was best that you not know-"

"Know that you all think I'm some FREAK!?"

"No," K'Thonya takes over. She seems more sincere then the others. Genuinely hurt by the accusation, even. "But you ARE unique. We wanted to have something worth telling you before we told you anything."

"Please," Willow hisses, unconvinced. "You just think poor useless Willow can't handle anything."

Felucca desperately tries to salvage the situation. Like K'Thonya, there is a sense of truth to her regret, her shame. "We've been thinking you could be from a new planet! Or - or an evolution of an old species! And, your remnant, maybe it was so traumatic you blocked it out! We don't-"

Willow cuts her off. "It's too late for that! I don't need to hear your theories! All I know is that you told me we're all a family, and then for weeks you treated me like an outsider! Like something less than a person!"

"Willow, we-"

"SAVE your excuses! I've had enough of them, frankly!" Finally, Willow turns and storms out of the sanctuary, the others looking on with a mix of expressions that run the gamut. Earthsong reaches an arm out as if to call to her, to stop her... but she cannot bring herself to do so.

Back in the present, Willow slams her journal shut on the small desk in her bedroom, sobbing angrily. She turns and stares out the window, the last strands of red evening sunlight filtering through the glass.

As the night turns dark, Felucca, Zaebos, and Nanashi tread through a quiet forest. Unusually quiet, in fact, as Zaebos and Felucca haven't spoken a word since leaving the Haven on their mission. Felucca, especially, is incapable of hiding her sadness and guilt. Worried this could affect their commitment, Nanashi finally confronts them.

"All right then, let's have it," she says to the others. "I'd rather settle this sooner rather than later."

"It's just..." Felucca responds reluctantly. "I don't see why we're going out again after what happened! I went to her room, to try to explain, to apologize, but she wouldn't let me in. She... wouldn't even LOOK at me."

"We need to make sure we've exhausted all our resources before-"

"Before WHAT? Before she HATES us FOREVER?"

"As much as I am disinclined to agree with Felucca on anything," Zaebos intervenes, trying to providing a calming, analytical voice to the conversation, "I have to admit that I see little benefit in continuing our efforts, and much to lose in regards to Willow's already-compromised trust."

Nanashi scoffs. "I have more important things to worry about than some little girl's feelings."

"Then regardless of any concern for Willow herself," Zaebos continues, "I would like to say that I find it hard to believe she could be a threat to us."

"I do not think she is a threat," Nanashi retorts, "But I am unwilling to take the chance that I'm wrong. She is an unknown. That makes her a risk. Earthsong's safety is more important than her opinion of us."

"That is all well and good, but it seems to me you're grasping at straws. The Haldisian Ceremony will-"

"You are both MORE than welcome to stay behind," Nanashi snaps. "I can seek out the others on my own."

"No, Nanashi, that's... not what we mean," Felucca says sadly. "We're coming."

The uncomfortable silence returns, and the three resume their trek along the wooded path. As they disappear from frame, a dark hooded figure appears from behind a tree, trailing them. A close-up reveals it's Willow, in a long cloak she's stolen from Gwendolyn's wardrobe. She goes to follow the others, but her cloak becomes caught on something. She turns back, startled, only to find it's the long, spindly branch of a thorn bush. However, as she leans down to free herself, someone leaps out of from behind the bush and grabs her, eyes glowing white against the black silhouette of their body!

Willow's shriek immediately draws the attention of the three nearby guard members. They recognize the voice. As they run to the source of the sound, Nanashi orders Felucca to fly up into the air, and Zaebos to conjure up some flames to light the way. While they search the area, Felucca notices something - a figure in the woods behind Nanashi. She tries to call out a warning - only to be knocked out of the starry sky by Skogul, swooping out of the darkness and diving like a predatory hawk. The sound of the impact and Felucca's startled cry distracts Nanashi and Zaebos, and Ulkurz takes the opportunity to leap out at them from his hiding place. He sinks his claws into Nanashi's back - but only for a moment. Her finely-tuned reflexes quickly kick in, and she tosses him off, twirling around gracefully as her swords materialize in her hands.

Felucca crashes to the ground, managing to soften her landing a bit by flapping frantically as she approaches it. Skogul zooms through the trees, flying past the dragon at tremendous speed, nearly taking her head off with her sword. When Felucca dodges, though, Skogul does not attempt to turn back. She continues to glide forward toward the others. "Ulkurz, take care of the lizard! Nanashi is mine!"

"But-" Ulkurz almost protests, before thinking better of it as the shrieking, deadly warrior woman flies dangerously close to him with her weapon drawn. He scampers out of the way, heading for Felucca, but Zaebos steps out in front of him and flings a fireball. Ulkurz manages to phase at the last second, and the fireball goes sailing harmlessly through him, impacting a nearby tree and setting it aflame. Felucca rejoins the fight, attempting a sneak attack on Ulkurz, but while she manages to land a hit it is only glancing.

Meanwhile, Nanashi and Skogul are engaging in a typically furious battle. Nanashi is trying to conserve energy and not use her powers, and so the pair are caught up in intricate swordplay; Nanashi with the advantage of her twin blades, Skogul occassionaly taking off from the ground in short bursts to dodge strikes or attempt an attack from an unexpected angle. Nanashi is focused and stone-faced, her mind completely occupied by the mechanics of the battle, always trying to calculate two steps ahead, coordinating the movements of her body and weapons with perfect synchronization. Skogul, in contrast, is more like the fire that is gradually spreading now through the trees; as time passes, her fury builds, her attacks becoming stronger, faster, more aggrivated and less precise.

Zaebos and Felucca attempt to team up on Ulkurz, but he proves incredibly hard to hit thanks to his agility and his power to make himself immaterial. Eventually, though, the two guard members form a strategy - they wait for Ulkurz to solidify so he can attack one of them, and the other intervenes to strike him. After a few solid blows from both his opponents, Ulkurz is reduced to a purely defensive strategy, attempting only to serve as a distraction, launching feinted attacks and phasing through his opponents to keep them on-edge.

Burning branches begin to fall from charred trees, and one nearly crushes Skogul. Nanashi takes the opening to land a good hit, cutting a large gash in Skogul's left arm. But sinister inspiration has struck the feathered fiend. She takes off into the air, flying above the growing inferno, through the thick, dark smoke. For a moment, it seems almost as though she has retreated. But suddenly, with an enraged war cry, she unleashes a massive gust of wind from the other side of the flames. The wildfire races toward the other combatants at alarming speed, incinerating everything in its path.

Nanashi is forced to use her Siderian powers, and as the surge of fire draws near, a wall of translucent white magic rises from the forest floor. The flames collide with it just inches in front of Nanashi. We zoom in on her glowing white eyes, her entire body straining, supporting the shield. Then her eyes close, and with what can only be described as the roar of a warrior spirit, she lunges forward, into the wall of power. At her touch it is sent speeding away from her, extinguishing the fire as it passes through it. The wall is massive, and Skogul does not have time to dodge it. Though the trees it passes over are unharmed by its force, when it slams into Skogul it sends her careening backwards through the air as though she's been hit by a truck. As the magic fades, she crumples to the ground, the wind knocked completely out of her, a few bones likely broken, the gash in her arm bleeding profusely.

"Return to me," Beluosus' disembodied voice commands. Skogul forces herself to her feet, shouting to the sky in defiance.

"NOT AGAIN! I WON'T LET HER WIN!"

"She has already lost, you fool! Tristram has the girl."

Though Nanashi remains stoic, Felucca and Zaebos are visibly shocked and devastated to hear the declaration from the booming voice of the invader. Ulkurz smirks maniacally, cackling as he retreats into the darkness of the un-burned forest. Skogul screams in frustration, but relents. Before departing, she raises her sword to Nanashi one last time, pointing it at her from the distance like an accusatory finger.

"I swear to you that she will suffer by my hand. And when I'm done with her, you will die. Slowly."

Nanashi does not reply. Her breathing is heavy, the exertion having taken a lot out of her. As Skogul unsteadily takes to the air and departs, Felucca begins to run around the forest screaming Willow's name.

An anxious Zaebos approaches Nanashi, for once looking to someone else for wisdom. "Nanashi," he inquires breathlessly, "what do we do?"

Zoom tight on Nanashi's face. She takes a deep, pensive breath. Intense thought rampages through her head, hidden not-quite-successfully behind her stony face. Seeming to finally come to a decision, she closes her eyes.

CUT TO BLACK - ROLL CREDITS

Edited by Xillix
  • Like 2

A Black Man, A White Man

Writer-Director: Salaam Remi

Genre: Period Drama

Release Date: Limited(3 theaters) 11/25/Y4

Limited Expansion(30 theaters) 12/4/Y4

Wide Expansion (1000 theaters) 12/18/Y4

Near-Saturation (2500 theaters) 12/25/Y4

Major Cast: B-List Black Actors

Studio: Serious Drama Studios

MPAA Rating: R for Execessive Violence, Torture, Smoking, Execessive Profanity, and Brief Nudity

Runtime: 2 hrs. 25 minutes

Production Budget: $10 million

Music by:

Plot Summary: In 1850 Southern US, it is a period drama with a graphic depiction of slaves and their owners

Edited by Sears
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Sears said:

I'm done with two projects @Xillix

Outside Man

A Black Man, A White Man

I have more on the way

Okay then! Just as a heads up though I wouldn't expect much results-wise from one-sentence descriptions. Nothing wrong with doing fillers of course, we need them every year!

1 hour ago, Xillix said:

Okay then! Just as a heads up though I wouldn't expect much results-wise from one-sentence descriptions. Nothing wrong with doing fillers of course, we need them every year!

I might edit them then before I would call them offically complete or I just might leave them as fillers; I'm not sure if I'll change anything

Edited by Sears
  • Like 2

Remove the De Wit project and Warlord of Mars from the schedule. I'm delaying them to Y5.

Instead move Gargoyles: Awakening to July 17th and up its TC to 4,150.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 3

Amulet II: The Last Council

Director: Travis Knight

Composer: Dario Marianelli

Genre: Animation

Date: July 24th

StudioHollywood Animation Studios

Format: Traditional animation, 2D, 3D and IMAX 3D

Budget: $165 million

Theaters: 4,127

MPAA Rating: PG

Running Time: 165 minutes

Cast: Millie Bobby Brown (Emily Charnon), Art Parkinson (Navin Charnon), Jessica Chastain (Karen Charnon), Sam Rockwell (Leon Redbeard), Tara Strong (Miskit), Hugh Jackman (Cogsley), Margo Martindale (Morrie), Eamon Farren (Prince Trellis), Christoph Waltz (Luger), Michael Fassbender (The Stone), Jeff Bridges (The Elf King), Jeremy Irons (Gabilan), Alan Tudyk (Enzo), Jay Baruchel (Rico), Salma Hayek (Selina), Jake T. Austin (Max Griffin), Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Cole Duncan),

F. Murray Abraham (Vigo Light), Elle McKinnon (Allison), Karl Urban (Allison's Father), Angela Kinsey (Allison’s Mother), Liam Cunningham (Prison Guard), Alex Wolff (Pierce) and Olivia Cooke (Ronin)

Plot: CLICK HERE

Previous Film Gross:

Amulet - $263,237,895 DOM / $409,765,487 INT'L / $673,003,382 WW

Edited by Alpha
  • Like 3
  • Astonished 1

❤️  Two Lonely Bounty Hunters ❤️ 

Image result for hamster love gif

Director: Daron Nefcy

Writers: Daron Nefcy and Mark Perez

Composer: Anna Meredith

Cast: Sophia Lillis (Cassie), Charlie Day (Marion), Ryan Gosling (Flithbert), Ice Cube (Captain Fab), Kate McKinnon (Moxie), Chris Redd (Gravitas), Leslie Mann (Vivian), Jason Sudekis (George), Jeff Bennett (Mordecai), Angourie Rice (Sylphina), Michelle Yeoh (Headmaster Oeme), Carly Rae Jepsen (Amasta), John Mulaney (Quavio)

Date: March 6th

Genre: Animation/Sci-Fi/Action/RomCom

Theaters: 4,268

Budget: $175 million

Runtime: TBD

Rating: PG for action sequences including peril, some crude and suggestive humor, language, and thematic material

Synopsis: An adaptation of the classic Eugene O'Neill play Long Day's Journey Into Night

SYNOPSIS COMING SOON

• Like 2
  • Astonished 2

9 minutes ago, Spagheditary said:

❤️  Two Lonely Bounty Hunters ❤️ 

Image result for hamster love gif

Director: Daron Nefcy

Writers: Daron Nefcy and Mark Perez

Composer: Anna Meredith

Cast: Sophia Lillis (Cassie), Charlie Day (Marion), Ryan Gosling (Flithbert), Ice Cube (Captain Fab), Kate McKinnon (Moxie), Chris Redd (Gravitas), Leslie Mann (Vivian), Jason Sudekis (George), Jeff Bennett (Mordecai), Angourie Rice (Sylphina), Jing Tian (Headmaster Oeme), Carly Rae Jepsen (Amasta), John Mulaney (Quavio)

Date: March 6th

Genre: Animation/Sci-Fi/Action/RomCom

Theaters: 4,268

Budget: $175 million

Runtime: TBD

Rating: PG for action sequences including peril, some crude and suggestive humor, language, and thematic material

Synopsis: An adaptation of the classic Eugene O'Neill play Long Day's Journey Into Night

SYNOPSIS COMING SOON

@Spagheditary I am ready 

The Female Man

Date- May 8th

Genre- Sci-Fi

Rating- PG-13

Theaters- 3,393 theaters

Budget- 100 million

Running Time- 118 minutes or 1 hour and 58 minutes

Studio- O$corp Pictures

Director- Ava Duvernay

Actors and Actress-

Janet- Jessica Chastain

Jeannine- Constance Wu

Joanna- Kate Mara

Plot: The film begins when Janet Evason suddenly arrives in Jeannine Dadier’s world. Janet is from Whileaway, a futuristic world where a plague killed all of the men over 800 years ago, and Jeannine lives in a world that never experienced the end of the Great Depression. Janet finds Jeannine at a Chinese New Year festival and takes her to Joanna’s world. Joanna comes from a world that is beginning its feminist movement.

Acting as a guide, Joanna takes Janet to a party in her world to show her how women and men interact with each other. Janet quickly finds herself the object of a man’s attention, and after he harasses her, Janet knocks the man down and mocks him. Because Joanna’s world believes that women are inferior to men, everyone is shocked. Janet expresses her desire to experience living with a typical family so Joanna takes Janet to the Wildings’ household. Janet meets their daughter Laura Rose who instantly admires Janet’s confidence and independence as a woman. Laura realizes that she is attracted to Janet and begins to pursue a sexual relationship with her. This is transgressive for both of them, as Whileaway's taboo against cross-generational relationships (having a relationship with someone old enough to be your parent or child) is as strong as the taboo against same-sex relationships on Laura's world.

The film then follows Jeannine and Joanna as they accompany Janet back to Whileaway. They meet Vittoria, Janet’s wife, and stay at their home. Joanna finds herself under scrutiny when Vittoria uses a story about a bear trapped between two worlds as a metaphor for her life. Jeannine returns to her world with Joanna, and they both go to vacation at her brother’s house. Jeannine’s mother pesters her about her love life and whether she is going to get married soon. Jeannine goes on a few dates with some men but still finds herself dissatisfied. Jeannine begins to doubt her sense of reality, but soon decides that she wants to assimilate into her role as a woman. She calls Cal and agrees to marry him. Joanna, Jeannine, Janet, and Laura are lounging in Laura's house. Laura tries to glorify Janet’s status in Whileaway, but Janet explains that her world does not value her particularly, but chose her as inter-dimensional explorer because she was more expendable than others. At 3 a.m., Joanna comes down, unable to sleep, and finds Jeannine and Janet awake as well. Suddenly they are no longer at Laura’s house but in another world.

Joanna, Jeannine, and Janet have arrived in Jael’s world, which is experiencing a 40-year old war between male and female societies. Jael explains that she works for the Bureau of Comparative Ethnology, an organization that concentrates on people’s various counterparts in different parallel worlds. She reveals that she is the one who brought all of them together because they are essentially four versions of the same woman. Jael takes all of them with her into enemy territory because she appears to be negotiating a deal with one of the male leaders. At first, the male leader appears to be promoting equality, but Jael quickly realizes that he still believes in the inferiority of women. Jael reveals herself as a ruthless assassin, kills the man, and shuttles all of the women back to her house. Jael finally tells the other women why she has assembled all of them. She wants to create bases in the other women’s worlds without the male society knowing and eventually empower women to overthrow oppressive men and their gender roles for women.

In the end, Jeannine and Joanna agree to help Jael and assimilate the women soldiers into their worlds, but Janet refuses, given the overall pacifism of Whileaway. Jeannine and Joanna appear to have become stronger individuals and are excited to rise up against their gender roles. Janet is not moved by Jael’s intentions so Jael tells Janet that the reason for the absence of men on Whileaway is not because of a plague but because the women won the war and killed all of the men in its timeline's past. Janet refuses to believe Jael, and the other women are annoyed at Janet’s resistance. The film ends with the women separating and returning to their worlds, each with a new perspective on her life, her world, and her identity as a woman.

Edited by Hiccup23
  • Like 2

A Wish for Wings that Work

Date- November 6th

Genre- CGI Animation/Christmas

Rating- PG

Theaters- 3,951 theaters

Budget- 85 million

Running Time- 95 minutes or 1 hour and 30 minutes

Studio- O$corp Pictures 

Director- Rob Letterman

Actors and Actress-

Opus the Penguin- Taron Egerton

Plot: The film centers on Opus the Penguin. Opus is downhearted because, as a penguin, he cannot fly. His family and friends laugh at him because he wishes to fly like other birds. After trying desperately to fly and getting into trouble with the colony, he orders a machine and assembles it; when it comes time to test the machine by jumping off a three-mile-high cliff, Opus is persuaded to do something less dangerous, and goes home to make anchovy Christmas cookies. He does not give up on his dream though, and makes a Christmas wish to Santa Claus for wings that will go. On Christmas Eve, Santa is making his usual delivery when he loses his reindeer and crashes into a lake. Christmas is in danger and Opus jumps in and uses his natural swimming skills to pull Santa out. Opus dodges all different dangerous as he rescues Santa. To thank Opus for his daring rescue, Santa commands a group of ducks pick him up and take him flying through the air. Opus returns to his colony and is named a hero for saving Christmas.

• Like 2