cookie

CAYOM Y4 - Discussion Thread

3 hours ago, Rorschach said:

So, out of curiosity, when do you guys think would be a good time to open up the Oscars picks thread? If at all possible, I’d like to open it next weekend but I know that @Blankments @cookie and @Slambros are still powering through reviewing stuff, which is fine! I don’t want to rush anyone by any means.

I do, however, wanna try to get the ball rolling on this, considering we’ve spent a good amount of time already discussing Y5 stuff and I can tell people wanna get things moving on that end. Again, not trynna rush anyone. We got all the time we need.

Here's my take: I'm on the last November film and I'll have five December films left after that (plus the previous installment(s) to Spark), so I could easily accommodate a schedule in which the Oscar ballot would be due soon. I do have quite a bit on my academic plate (papers and whatnot) but I should plan to be finished with a Top 25 and an Oscar ballot on Friday. Maybe sooner to put it behind me. I'll go ahead and plan for that.

(Sorry for the late response.)

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Slambros said:

Here's my take: I'm on the last November film and I'll have five December films left after that (plus the previous installment(s) to Spark), so I could easily accommodate a schedule in which the Oscar ballot would be due soon. I do have quite a bit on my academic plate (papers and whatnot) but I should plan to be finished with a Top 25 and an Oscar ballot on Friday. Maybe sooner to put it behind me. I'll go ahead and plan for that.

(Sorry for the late response.)

There’s no current deadline for submissions so no need to worry about that for the time being. Take as much time as you need.

• Like 1

@Spagspiria

Having re-read 3park in preparation for my top 25 (which should be by the end of this week or early next):

Spoiler

I'm bumping it up to an 8. Rising's still the best of the series by some distance though.

Edited by cookie
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, cookie said:

@Spagspiria

Having re-read 3park in preparation for my top 25 (which should be by the end of this week or early next):

Hide contents

I'm bumping it up to an 8. Rising's still the best of the series by some distance though.

If it's still better than Homeward (the release version that is) I'll take it.

1 minute ago, Spagspiria said:

If it's still better than Homeward (the release version that is) I'll take it.

Spoiler

I still have issues with the third act (like the major one I disclosed through PM) but the set-up is pretty great and the note it leaves on (even if I still think the Bounty Hamster clip was unnecessary and a pointless tonal shift) puts the series on strong ground for the finale.

Edited by cookie
  • Thanks 1