cookie

CAYOM Y4 - Discussion Thread

6 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I think it's fairly slow and dull until we hit the Mad MAx/ Charlie and the Chocolate Factory/2001 portion of the movie 

It's not paced like a typical blockbuster, I admit, and I don't blame you for finding it slow.

IV will have a bit more of a consistent tone, structured actually a good bit more like the first film.

1 minute ago, Spagspiria said:

It's not paced like a typical blockbuster, I admit, and I don't blame you for finding it slow.

IV will have a bit more of a consistent tone, structured actually a good bit more like the first film.

I think it tries to have this slow build ominous atmosphere stuff going on. but then has all these little jokes that undercut the threat that they're facing.  

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I think it tries to have this slow build ominous atmosphere stuff going on. but then has all these little jokes that undercut the threat that they're facing.  

Aside from the gag at the beginning (which was before they had any idea what was going on) the humor isn't any more egregious than a typical blockbuster IMO.

3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I guess sometimes it seems like the characters are in too good of a mood for what there going up against 

I can pull out specific examples if you'd like 

I can sort of see where you're coming from. Biggest sin was probably Alex's non-reaction to Beatrice biting it, but that was where the editing got kind of muffled.

• Like 1

You could maybe argue that the threat's size doesn't really sink in until our heroes are nearly vanquished by them. Obviously there's still going to be a good bit of humor in 4 but it'll be harder to repair their spirits, especially after all that happened in the finale.

Full transparency:

And something @cookie and @YourMother the Edgelord Both know:

Kozar actually WAS going to die in an earlier draft of the film, but in a completely unceremonious way. Which...kinda sucked.

Also, Ezen, Qatav, and Katherine were still alive. Neshianu bit it instead of Qatav in said draft. Beatrice was screwed either way.

I will also say this:

All 4 deaths in the movie are final. They’re not coming back.

• Like 3
  • Astonished 2

9 minutes ago, Spagspiria said:

Full transparency:

And something @cookie and @YourMother the Edgelord Both know:

Reveal hidden contents

The people's thirst for space opera blood will eventually be sated

Spoiler

• Astonished 2

7 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

The people's thirst for space opera blood will eventually be sated

Reveal hidden contents

The perk of having two big space operas running simultaneously is that you’ll be able to make vague threats that certain characters are going to die and people wouldn’t know from which. :ph34r:

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1