cookie

CAYOM Y4 - Discussion Thread

On 8/12/2018 at 4:30 PM, Xillix said:

So since April 24 and May 15 both have surprise finished family films already... I need to find somewhere else to put American Dragon 2. Unlessssssss...

ReBoot 2.0 is probably not happening this year, so if @Electric or @Blankments want to take the Christmas Day opening for their animated flicks I can give it to 'em and keep AmDrag on the date of whomever moves.

I'll move Sir Thymes to December 25 then, and set up a release date in April for a more adult film soon (to go against this family logjam).

Also as a heads-up, if I post anything in the Part 1 Thread, that means it's done. I don't believe in reserving film space lol

• Like 2

On 8/8/2018 at 12:01 PM, YourMother the Edgelord said:

A bit of bleak news 

Due to college and other irl issues outside of fillers, I am focusing on finishing these four films:

Can You Imagine? (Potential OC)

Barry Brookshire

Bullets and Lyrics (Potential OC)

Dragon Ball (which may or may not be replaced by another tentpole in very active development)

The only two projects left are Moto and Family Guy.

HSM4 is being pushed back.

KOTS will receive a small edit but Crash 2, TP2, and BAG are pretty much done otherwise.

this is a random suggestion, but if you're looking for someone who would help you push HSM4 out this year, i'd love to get involved with reviving that franchise. i was honestly thinking of grabbing the rights myself, but if you're ever looking for a cowriter hit me up

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Blankments said:

I'll move Sir Thymes to December 25 then, and set up a release date in April for a more adult film soon (to go against this family logjam).

Also as a heads-up, if I post anything in the Part 1 Thread, that means it's done. I don't believe in reserving film space lol

I coulda sworn when I first saw those posts they weren't finished yet! That's my bad then. Anyhow thanks and good luck against Voltron!

• Like 1

@Blankments Oh actually one other thing to consider!

You had IMAX for Sir Thymes, yes? I had ReBoot pre-booked for IMAX on Christmas, but I guess there's not really a clear rule on whether players can transfer that sort of reservation between one another. We'd have to see what other people think. Also @cookie was pushing for me to make an IMAX screen-sharing deal with him anyway since Voltron is out the week before.

If you'd rather keep Thymes where it is I'm okay with the January slot I temp-moved AmDrag into. Not ideal but I can deal with it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Blankments said:

this is a random suggestion, but if you're looking for someone who would help you push HSM4 out this year, i'd love to get involved with reviving that franchise. i was honestly thinking of grabbing the rights myself, but if you're ever looking for a cowriter hit me up

You know I would be okay with sharing the rights. I’ll dm the details.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2018 at 11:30 PM, Xillix said:

ReBoot 2.0 is probably not happening this year

5 hours ago, Blankments said:

I'll move Sir Thymes to December 25 then

Well, well, well...

source.gif

Ain't this an interesting turn of events.

• Like 1

Now that we're about halfway thru the final month I'm gonna start pumping and dumping some of my schedule out with less-than-ideal levels of effort. Starting with Biker Mice which actually has the prologue already written so uh. Expect an abrupt shift in quality.

13 minutes ago, Xillix said:

Now that we're about halfway thru the final month I'm gonna start pumping and dumping some of my schedule out with less-than-ideal levels of effort. Starting with Biker Mice which actually has the prologue already written so uh. Expect an abrupt shift in quality.

As long as Rock n Roll Heart Attack is good, I’m down.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Xillix said:

@Blankments Oh actually one other thing to consider!

You had IMAX for Sir Thymes, yes? I had ReBoot pre-booked for IMAX on Christmas, but I guess there's not really a clear rule on whether players can transfer that sort of reservation between one another. We'd have to see what other people think. Also @cookie was pushing for me to make an IMAX screen-sharing deal with him anyway since Voltron is out the week before.

If you'd rather keep Thymes where it is I'm okay with the January slot I temp-moved AmDrag into. Not ideal but I can deal with it.

I will keep it at Christmas for now, and might shift it later. I can trash the IMAX release for it.

Also, want to confirm, are you guys pushing back the deadline till mid-September? I'm working on a few original projects that need a bit more time to simmer but I'd like to announce them in the Magazine thread but only if we can get them out for Year 4

• Like 3

I think a mid September push is for the best, perhaps the 17th so everyone can have a bit more time as I feel pushing it to October may complicate things. 

@Rorschach @cookie @Xillix @Ethan Hunt @4815162342 @Blankments @Electric @ChD @Reddroast @Hiccup23 @Spagheditary

Any thoughts?

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I think a mid September push is for the best, perhaps the 17th so everyone can have a bit more time as I feel pushing it to October may complicate things. 

@Rorschach @cookie @Xillix @Ethan Hunt @4815162342 @Blankments @Electric @ChD @Reddroast @Hiccup23 @Spagheditary

Any thoughts?

Doable. I may write everything I have to write next week and be done with it, but knowing myself, that will most likely not happen.

• Like 2