cookie

CAYOM Y4 - Discussion Thread

5 minutes ago, cookie said:

Which one?

I can’t say yet, as I still am writing but HSM4 may not make due to how busy I am.

On a side note seriously considering moving KND to January 31st due KFP3 doing solid in January.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Xillix said:

I've been alternating between busy and sick the last month or so, so I'm probably gonna half to wind up cancelling and/or half-assing a lot of stuff.

Sorry to hear about that. 

• Like 1

Been on vacation since the 31st so haven’t been able to do all that much. Will be back tomorrow so I can start wrapping up things.

I have four/five films I desperately want out this year:

Voltron

Countdown

Gargoyles

TaleSpin (will put up the prologue today/tomorrow)

Violet (as my OC)

They’re taking precedence right now so I won’t work on the rest until they’re done.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 2

A bit of bleak news 

Due to college and other irl issues outside of fillers, I am focusing on finishing these four films:

Can You Imagine? (Potential OC)

Barry Brookshire

Bullets and Lyrics (Potential OC)

Dragon Ball (which may or may not be replaced by another tentpole in very active development)

The only two projects left are Moto and Family Guy.

HSM4 is being pushed back.

KOTS will receive a small edit but Crash 2, TP2, and BAG are pretty much done otherwise.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 2

Real talk, Odyssey 3 might be the only film I end up releasing this game year. My college move-in date is just around the corner and I realistically don't think I'll be able to complete my other films without completely half-assing them which I really don't want to do. Recently, I haven't really had the motivation to write anything and its pretty much delayed my planned time to write these films out. I know the deadline isn't until about a month from now but realistically, I can't fathom the idea of half-assing multiple projects (especially these 4 films which I'm extremely passionate about) just to reach that deadline when I know I'm gonna be very busy over this upcoming month. Its gonna be a weird transition period for me and I don't want those projects to suffer for it.

So, unless something changes, One Punch Man and the other two films I was planning on doing are more than likely get pushed to Year 5. Odyssey 3 is still happening and I'm hoping to a jump-start on working on it. Once I get adjusted to college life, hopefully I can get into the rhythm of writing multiple films. I'd rather not do what I did for the first Odyssey movie for four different films (writing them all out in two to three days) just before the deadline. I hope you guys understand my reasoning and sorry if this seems like a repeating trend for me (promising multiple releases in one year and then not doing all of them).

• Like 4

I think we should hold out until near the end of the month before we decide on a delay though.

But yes I think vacation time and/or school prep has set things back for most of us (certainly true for me).

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

I hope you guys understand my reasoning and sorry if this seems like a repeating trend for me (promising multiple releases in one year and then not doing all of them).

You can be like me and promise dozens of films and deliver maybe two :hahaha:

I’m planning on skimping on reviews this year (I’ll still hand everything a grade and do awards/top 25, but reviews/rants will be limited to requests) so I can get a head start on the Y5 stuff. Between Voltron 4, TSW2, Project Sun God, Skyriders and Road 2, plus smaller stuff, my Y5 slate is going to be massive.

Edited by cookie
  • Haha 1

So since April 24 and May 15 both have surprise finished family films already... I need to find somewhere else to put American Dragon 2. Unlessssssss...

ReBoot 2.0 is probably not happening this year, so if @Electric or @Blankments want to take the Christmas Day opening for their animated flicks I can give it to 'em and keep AmDrag on the date of whomever moves.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1