Box Office Hit

Child's Play | June 21, 2019 | Orion Pictures

4 hours ago, Krissykins said:

The trailer is very short btw and you don’t see the doll in full of speaking, only a glimpse of his costume at the start crawling and a silhouette at the end. 

I worry about it’s release with this new studio, Orion? 

Orion isn't new necessarily, it distributed tons of films between 1978-1999. 

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/studio/chart/?studio=orion.htm

MGM revived the brand in 2014.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Orion isn't new necessarily, it distributed tons of films between 1978-1999. 

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/studio/chart/?studio=orion.htm

MGM revived the brand in 2014.

Yeh I remember it from back in the day, it went bankrupt I think.

Who’s in charge of MGM now, distribution wise? Or are they just releasing themselves through this revived banner? 

Thats why I don’t think they’ll be able to get this to feel like an event, because it’s not one of the current majors.

4 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Yeh I remember it from back in the day, it went bankrupt I think.

Who’s in charge of MGM now, distribution wise? Or are they just releasing themselves through this revived banner? 

Thats why I don’t think they’ll be able to get this to feel like an event, because it’s not one of the current majors.

Since December 2017, MGM has teamed with Annapurna to jointly distribute their titles. A few days ago, they rebranded their joint venture as United Artists Releasing, seeking to offer third-party distribution countering major studios.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/annapurna-mgm-united-artists-releasing-1203128801/

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

To me, that looks surprisingly solid.

I am very curious as to how this performs at the box office.

After seeing The Prodigy’s preview number, I don’t think the studio involved can get this to be the opening weekend hit that it could’ve been. 

They do call him "Chucky"?

I thought this one was not allowed to use that name because of the rights? Wasn't the new puppet called "Buddi"?

However, that trailer looks decent. Should be worth a watch when it hits Netflix. 

I just hope someone moves either "Child's Play" or "Annab3lle". Doesn't make sense to open these two that near to each other.

Unless they put a wide release of the new "Puppet Master" in between and offer a triple feature. I'd be here for that. :sparta:

Why am I looking forward to this more than any other film so far promoted this year? The trailers shows a solid hybrid of the best parts of Child's Play 1 and 2, but it didn't exactly set my expectations on fire. 2019 needs an early hit, and we've yet to see something of quality.