Box Office Hit

Child's Play | June 21, 2019 | Orion Pictures

1 hour ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

This doesn't look as atrocious as the 2013 & 2017 movies, but I'm still shocked Aubrey Plaza is wasting her talents doing this, she needs a breakout ASAP, I thought 'Ingrid Goes West' would make people notice how great she is, but nobody cared. 

well you answered yourself. I looooooove IGW, but it flopped and i guess ingrid wants some $ cause indie movies dont give that

1 hour ago, ddddeeee said:

I'm in - it looks fun.

I do think that, with a bigger distributer, a Child's Play remake could have been huge - like bigger than Halloween.

Two other HALLOWEEN films adjust over $100 million. The highest-grossing CHILD'S PLAY movie only adjusts to $73 million.

But, um, sure.

5 minutes ago, ViewerAnon said:

Two other HALLOWEEN films adjust over $100 million. The highest-grossing CHILD'S PLAY movie only adjusts to $73 million.

But, um, sure.

Chucky is an icon. People who have never seen a Child's Play/Chucky movie still know who Chucky is (not dissimilar to everyone knowing about Pennywise despite never having seen/read It). I think the potential was definitely there.

There was potential to be a hit. There was not potential to make $160 million domestically. Chucky has never - and I say this as someone who loves Chucky and thinks Universal was stupid not to release CURSE OF CHUCKY theatrically in an empty 2013 October - been a major box office draw.

I just glanced at the summer schedule and holy hell is there a glut of horror movies for the rest of the year. Makes sense. Horror's been on a tear so Hollywood took notice and now they're going to run it into the ground. It's every other week if not every week from the looks of it.