Box Office Hit

Child's Play | June 21, 2019 | Orion Pictures

Terror on Haight Street. This summer. Manson is dead. Weed is legal. Your favorite doll is loose!

Honestly, I'm hyped for this. Child's Play is a good series to update ever so often, and this looks like a highly stylized update to my favorite Chucky film, "Child's Play 2".

13 minutes ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

I don't know why but I'm feeling an Wish Upon kind of run for this. I just don't see how can anyone take this concept seriously in 2019. There’s a reason why producers of TCU rejected the idea of Annabelle walking/talking.

I hope I'm wrong, although.

Similar to MGM’s The Prodigy then? ~$14m total. 

It’s a shame about the distributor, but I think it’ll do $30m total. Could’ve gone  higher with a big studio. 

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 1

Talk about an unnecessary remake. The original movies are holding up fine and some sequels esp. the ones with Jennifer Tilly are hilarious. Brad Dourif is, at the very least, as good as Mark Hamill as Chucky. Oh and the trailer looks awful. Whatever....

Edited by Thrylos 7

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 6:01 AM, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

I don't know why but I'm feeling an Wish Upon kind of run for this. I just don't see how can anyone take this concept seriously in 2019. There’s a reason why producers of TCU rejected the idea of Annabelle walking/talking.

I hope I'm wrong, although.

"Child's Play" is totally different then the "Conjuring" films. " Child's Play has always had a huge dose of black comedy involved,and never took themselves that seriously , wharas the "Conjuring/Annabelle" films are pretty much straight,serous  horror.  I agree Annabelle walking and talking would not have worked, but it's the whole point of Chucky.

Edited by dudalb
  • Thanks 1