Box Office Hit

Child's Play | June 21, 2019 | Orion Pictures

The UK press screening is on just now. 

On the pictures of the superscreen there’s no embargo, so maybe reviews tonight. 

I’m guessing something between 10-40% on RT final. Doesn’t feel like the kind of project that critics will go for lol. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, LOGAN'sLuckyRun said:

I actually like Lee Hardcastle's work. Great animation with a gruesome twist. :) 

It's OK, but is not doing anything that Saturday Night Live was not doing back the late 70's with it's "Mr.Bill" skits.

"Oh No! Sluggo is going to be mean to me!"

This film was made for next to nothing, so it will make a profit (that is why Horror movies are so loved by studio execs; you canmake them for peanuts and they have enough of a built in audience you are almost guaranteed you will not lose money on them and probably make a decent profit;if it can break through to the General Audience it's a cash cow) but am not sure this can reignite the franchise or have the GA appeal the originals had.

They are going  for counter programming aginast Toy Story 4, not sure that will work. That is the problem with putting a more "adult" film up against a Pixar film ;Pixar films have a very strong following among adults;adults go to see them on their own;tey don't need to be dragged to them by their kids.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1