Frozen

Midway | Nov 8 2019 | Roland Emmerich | Woody Harrelson, Mandy Moore, Luke Evans

Pearl Harbor, part II

A blockbuster director tries to get recognition with a serious film about a Japanesse attack/battle with a strong cast.

Nothing wrong with that. I really liked PH and I love huge war films.

3 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

After IDR, I will never support Emmerich ever again. He ruined even the first movie for me with the sequel.

Worst Emmerich movie seen for me is 10,000 bc hands down

Emmerich, from solid to decent to wtf

ID4 A-

Stargate A-

Patriot B+

2012 B

White House Down B

Day After Tomorrow B-

Universal Soldier C+

Godzilla C

ID4R D

10,000 bc F

13 hours ago, stripe said:

Pearl Harbor, part II

A blockbuster director tries to get recognition with a serious film about a Japanesse attack/battle with a strong cast.

Nothing wrong with that. I really liked PH and I love huge war films.

Given that Emmerich's other historical epics have been total crap, I have little hope for this one.

But then, I note you root for every big budget film that comes along.

And that the Japanese cast members are so far down on the cast list leads me to believe that Emmerich will ignore the Japanese side of the battle...a huge,huge, mistake.

I am saying this not from a SJW perspective, but simply because how Midway turned out ...a daisterous defeat for the IJN that turned the tide of the war (I refuse to consider one of the most famous battles of World War 2 as spoiler material)  was laregely because the Japanese commanders made a series of really ,really, bad decisions. To ignore or minimize this is sto distort history well beyond what I can tolerate.

The 1976 film,though not a great film, does give a pretty good idea of what actually happened at Midway, I have no faith this will happen here.

We are talking about a director who claims that Shakespeare did not writ Shakespeare's plays, for heaven's sake in ANonymoua.. And don't get me started on what a pile of crap "The Patriot " was.

17 minutes ago, DAJK said:

2012 was my favourite movie when I was 10 years old lol. Scared the living shit out of me too. Haven't watched it in more than a few years now, but I really doubt it holds up

It doesn't.

On 6/5/2019 at 11:57 PM, dudalb said:

Given that Emmerich's other historical epics have been total crap, I have little hope for this one.

But then, I note you root for every big budget film that comes along.

I always expect the best. Then, I am often severely disappointed. For me, Emmerich did 3 good films, 3 decent films, and the rest goes from meh to horrible. I prefer to remember the good ones and forgive him for the bad ones

On 6/6/2019 at 12:06 AM, DAJK said:

2012 was my favourite movie when I was 10 years old lol. Scared the living shit out of me too. Haven't watched it in more than a few years now, but I really doubt it holds up

I would rate it better, but that third act...

• Like 1