Nova

Wednesday Numbers from Asagard 2: JW2 11.4, I2 9.4, The Purge 9.2 (we think..cryptic post by AS2)

3 hours ago, CJohn said:

Bad for The Purge.

I think this is a sentence you copy and paste for every daily number now. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

This is the 4th (?) Purge movie now? Or the 5th? Every single movie in the franchise has been bad. The first one is almost unwatchable and that's what launched the franchise. Has a franchise ever gotten this far based on concept alone? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, La Binoche said:

This is the 4th (?) Purge movie now? Or the 5th? Every single movie in the franchise has been bad. The first one is almost unwatchable and that's what launched the franchise. Has a franchise ever gotten this far based on concept alone? 

#paranormalactivity

So with JW pulling another 11m on wednesday it crosses 300m today and then has a 28-30m weekend.... why do some think it dies out around 350m??? 

And a really good hold for Incredibles considering the family dynamic is tied up on the 4th. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, narniadis said:

I think the Purge number is meh, but again we are talking 4th film in a horror franchise. Its not surprising. 

Yeah, let's not forget this is where Paranormal Activity began its collapse.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, baumer said:

JWFK down 7% from last Wednesday.

If it falls 28% today, that gives it 8.2, down 27.5% from last Thursday.  Legs are tremendous at this point.  

7 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

If The Purge is 9.4M:

3.8M (-60%)

4.9M (+30%)

5.9M (+20%)

4.4M (-25%)

15.2M 3 Day, 28.4M 5 Day

3.8M today would be a 45% drop from Wednesday minus previews, which seems pretty reasonable.

I hope that 60% is harsh and it can pass $30m 5 day. 

4 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Hmm you might be firmly in the minority: the previous sequels both increased at the box office over their predecessors. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Every horror franchise ever?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Yeah, let's not forget this is where Paranormal Activity began its collapse.

What else can they do for The Purge? We've seen how it ends, how it starts, and all the things in the middle. 

41 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Dayum, JW2 with another great hold. When is that shitty wom going to start kicking in Thrylos??

You really have issues , don’t you, you know you can post without mentioning me right ? 

Anyway why people are acting as if this isn’t a holiday period in the U.S basically making the Friday-Wednesday period a long weekend, I have no idea. Now that this period is over the crawling towards 400 million, only 260 million less than the first, for JW2 will start and it still won’t probably make it.

Edited by Thrylos 7
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Seems a question with a broad interpretation.

Dinosaurs run amok, kill humans while others are benevolent towards their plight.

Cyborg sent back in time to kill future human resistance leader.

Space Alien(s) terroizes unsuspecting humans in the void of space(ships).

Mother-issues serial killer stalks and kills horny teenagers in the woods while at camp.

One man must stop an army or terrorists/Commies/mercenaries

Zany Pirate keeps being crucial to ongoing trade wars in the 17th century. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I hope that 60% is harsh and it can pass $30m 5 day. 

Hmm you might be firmly in the minority: the previous sequels both increased at the box office over their predecessors. 

If it has a typical 35-38% drop from the true Wednesday, 30M would be back on the table.