Nova

Wednesday Numbers from Asagard 2: JW2 11.4, I2 9.4, The Purge 9.2 (we think..cryptic post by AS2)

2 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

You really have issues , don’t you, you know you can post without mentioning me right ? 

Anyway why are people acting as if this isn’t a holiday period in the U.S basically making the Friday-Wednesday period a long weekend, I have no idea. Now that this period is over the crawling towards 400 million, only 260 million less than the first, for JW2 will start and it still won’t probably make it.

First you said $400M is dead and now "it probably won't make it" You're all over the place. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, La Binoche said:

This is the 4th (?) Purge movie now? Or the 5th? Every single movie in the franchise has been bad. The first one is almost unwatchable and that's what launched the franchise. Has a franchise ever gotten this far based on concept alone? 

Maybe, and this is just me spitballing here, but maybe there are people who actually like the movie.  Maybe they don't all think the way you do.  Crazy, isn't it?

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, baumer said:

I think this is a sentence you copy and paste for every daily number now. 

It is ugly af tho. The 5 day OW might go below the OW of Anarchy.

3 hours ago, narniadis said:

So with JW pulling another 11m on wednesday it crosses 300m today and then has a 28-30m weekend.... why do some think it dies out around 350m??? 

And a really good hold for Incredibles considering the family dynamic is tied up on the 4th. 

Nobody thinks it's going die out at 350.  That was after the second weekend drop.

1 minute ago, baumer said:

Maybe, and this is just me spitballing here, but maybe there are people who actually like the movie.  Maybe they don't all think the way you do.  Crazy, isn't it?

Yes but we've already discussed the fact that there are a lot of dumb people out there. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, narniadis said:

Oh it is a holiday and the thursday holds should prove that.... and everyone will initially be panicking about it. 

I think most here are savvy enough to understand that a movie is going to drop after a holiday Wednesday.  And if they are not, then someone just needs to post the link to the same sequence in 2012 and 2007.

3 hours ago, La Binoche said:

Yes but we've already discussed the fact that there are a lot of dumb people out there. 

So you are saying that only dumb people like The Purge movies?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CJohn said:

It is ugly af tho. The 5 day OW might go below the OW of Anarchy.

You're better than this buddy.  Don't be that guy, don't be that poster with no box office experience.  It's a 4th film and it's also not opening on a Friday for the first time.  Give it time before you call it a shit number.  The budget is also 13 million.  So it will cover the production cost by about 5pm today.  Shit number?  Hardly.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Disbelief 1

3 hours ago, That One Guy said:

I’m excited to see The First Purge, guess i’m just a moron

I love watching people get murdered in inventive ways.  It's part of the appeal of horror films.  Guess that makes me dumb too.

• Astonished 1

For the record i didn’t even like the other Purge movies that much (I think the first one is awful, the 2nd and 3rd are ok).  But the concept alone is enough to draw me in to watch all the entries in the franchise.

Edited by That One Guy

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

For the record i didn’t even like the other Purge movies that much (I think the first one is awful, the 2nd and 3rd are ok).  But the concept alone is enough to draw me in to watch all the entries in the franchise.

It’s odd that everyone likes the concept.  I always thought it was a rather stupid one. Then again stupid concept movies can still be fun (sadly none of the purges really are, they take a dumb concept too seriously)

We are in uncharted territory but after 11.4 Wed for JW2, guessing:

8.0 (-30%) Thu

9.6 (+20%) Fri

12.0 (+25%) Sat

9.6 (-20%) Sun

= 31.2 3rd weekend (-49%)

2012 as a reference. http://www.boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/?track=spiderman4.htm&sortdate=2012-07-06&p=.htm

Muted the Fris, gave a better Sat and normal good summer Sun

EDIT: Deadline is saying 11.6 Wed but am lazy and gonna leave it as it is.

Edited by a2k

35 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

15.2M 3 Day, 28.4M 5 Day

tenor.gif?itemid=5471117

Have seen only first Purge, don't like it, but I was always happy for any Blumhouse's win. So, now this is a little bit dissapointed numbers.

p.s. O8 has good late legs, but Mamma Mia will cut it. Or not, who knows how this shit will behave.

Edited by KeepItU25071906
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, seduh said:

Deadline says:

JW:FK $11,6 (-3%)

I2: $9,7 (-4%)

FP: $9,4

S2: $2,6 (-1%)

UD: $2,2 (-12%)

O8: $2,1 (+15%)

Tag $1,2 (-1%)

WYBMN?: $0,77 (+47%)

DP2: $0,679 (-4%)

Sanju: $0,62 (+4%)

https://deadline.com/2018/07/the-first-purge-july-4th-box-office-blumhouse-universal-1202421529/

So it was WYBMN Empire was talking about for the 800.

• Like 1