Nova

Wednesday Numbers from Asagard 2: JW2 11.4, I2 9.4, The Purge 9.2 (we think..cryptic post by AS2)

4 hours ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

Wait what?

Stupid movie! I don’t want to post spoilers, but the basis of it is just more over the top fear-mongering. Something the world could do without right now.

Muslims and migrants entering through the southern border get hit hard. Story made no sense and toward the end, we learn that the entire basis for the actions taken were... no spollers.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

Why do people care about a bunch of grown men running around kicking a ball in 2018. Just LOL

It's so strange. A bunch of dumb guys on stereoids kick a ball around or throw it in a hoop. Billions all over the world obsess over it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, La Binoche said:

It's so strange. A bunch of dumb guys on stereoids kick a ball around or throw it in a hoop. Billions all over the world obsess over it. 

7 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

Why do people care about a bunch of grown men running around kicking a ball in 2018. Just LOL

I am not sure if you are being serious, but if you are

1) sports is quite similar to group hunting

2) Watching them is like watching your tribe doing the hunt and rooting for it's success (sports is almost watched and mostly enjoyed when rooting for a side for a reason and with members of the own tribes the fan base)

Not sure how much it would sustain scrutinize, but it seem to trigger very similar to tribalism type of emotion, enjoyment frustration and so on and on world stage type of competition like world cup you had the nationalism over it (often city-ism for city level competition like old time Greek Olympics).

Like mentioned why it is popular and why people care (or the better question how) should be easier to grasp than why people care about the next Marvel movie box office at such level (specially once it is big enough that it is certain they will make a next one and any rational reason to care fully disappear after that level, but it is the same ancestral mechanism hijacked for 100% useless stuff in modern time)

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Barnack said:

I am not sure if you are being serious, but if you are

1) sports is quite similar to group hunting

2) Watching them is like watching your tribe doing the hunt and rooting for it's success (sports is almost watched and mostly enjoyed when rooting for a side for a reason and with members of the own tribes the fan base)

Not sure how much it would sustain scrutinize, but it seem to trigger very similar to tribalism type of emotion, enjoyment frustration and so on and on world stage type of competition like world cup you had the nationalism over it (often city-ism for city level competition like old time Greek Olympics).

Like mentioned why it is popular and why people care (or the better question how) should be easier to grasp than why people care about the next Marvel movie box office at such level (specially once it is big enough that it is certain they will make a next one and any rational reason to care fully disappear after that level, but it is the same ancestral mechanism hijacked for 100% useless stuff in modern time)

LOL at anyone thinking they belong in a tribe with football players who earn millions. They would probably spit on their fans if they asked for a selfie. Are people really that dumb?  

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

LOL at anyone thinking they belong in a tribe with football players who earn millions. They would probably spit on their fans if they asked for a selfie. Are people really that dumb?  

Sports traditions started way before athlete were paid and obviously people do not think, do you think people that care about the next Marvel movie box office think Disney millionaire and Feige are their tribe ?

The tribe is more the fanbase, the athlete are the elite (like the best hunter were). Do you really think people think ? Do you think people that love Apple or Android or their country is because they think ?

But I kid you not, you can hear fan say we won after a sport event (And even more out of this world strange, I read it on this message board marvel fan "we" dominate or something of the sort, I actually saw we use when talked about movies or the word ours) it is that strong and obviously completely irrational, it is company using old biological mechanism that still express themselves.

Edited by Barnack