AndyK

Rub & Tug | Now a TV Series. ScarJo found dead in a ditch! | Trans Rights are Human Rights

6 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Can we go back to simpler times when nobody was face fucked with these issues ?

I agree. We should go back to just white males and females playing every role. And there is no representation for anyone.

I'm sure everyone will be happy with that.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

I agree. We should go back to just white males and females playing every role. And there is no representation for anyone.

I'm sure everyone will be happy with that.

I doubt if people would stop to be face fucked with these issue that it would go back to that, because:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-film-diversity/diversity-on-screen-equals-bigger-box-office-bucks-study-finds-idUSKCN1GB2ST

Maybe that study is not a good one (and simply compared the box office of the average movie with diversity vs none without correcting for budget, marketing, genre, etc...) but it does seem to have a strong incentive to make them.

Like the president of Blumhouse said, lot of studio are not green lighted movies with diversity for some ethical/ideologue reason, but for financial reason.

• Like 1

https://deadline.com/2020/07/rub-and-tug-reconfigured-tv-series-scarlett-johansson-controversy-dante-tex-gill-new-regency-television-our-lady-j-write-pilot-trans-actor-playing-pittsburgh-massage-parlor-owner-1202990712/

EXCLUSIVE: New Regency will redevelop Rub & Tug into a TV series, with the pilot to be written by Emmy-nominated writer/producer, Our Lady J. There is also a commitment to cast a trans actor to play the show’s lead role of Dante “Tex” Gill, the infamous transgender gangster who became an unlikely major figure in the criminal underworld of ’70s Pittsburgh.

When Deadline first broke news that New Regency had won a script auction for Gill’s story with Scarlett Johansson attached to play Gill and Rupert Sanders directing, an outcry followed in the LGBTQ+ community, and the ensuing pressure prompted the exit of Johansson — who had previously been maligned for the Sanders-directed Japanese anime adaptation Ghost in the Shell.

@Cap We love to see it!

• Thanks 1