WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 92): Ant-Man and the Wasp 75.8M (#CRUMBLING EVEN MORE) | Jurassic World 28.6M | Incredibles 2 28.4M | The First Purge 17.4M

7 minutes ago, Nova said:

There was a reason why the Gods abandoned us this weekend. They wanted to get away from the incoming bomb as fast as possible :ph34r:

#NotAnEvent #ItsOver 

The MCU should just cancel all of their upcoming releases. They’re done after this. 

That is quite the overreaction... Like they did for Hulk, they just need to recast Ant-Man!

th?id=OIP.rJJubyVWemIOlojY3YjxqAHaJ9%26p

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

tfw i'm not in disney's lowest grosser of the summer anymore. 

gt7iiKo.jpg

overjoyed. 

My club is may be fucked.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

why the hell was this movie so frontloaded???

This doesn't make any sense.

Watch the trailers for your answer. They gave no indication of the story or plot of the film. Instead, they focused on the size change gimmicks. That will only carry you so far.

I admit i didnt think this could go under 80M OW.

Maybe  - without joking - it actually is a bit of superhero fatigue at play? I mean, everyone in the US saw BP and IW and everyone is seeing I2 at the moment - and all of those 3 movies had special things going for them (BP: First big SH with practically an all-black cast / IW: Beeing Infinity War, the culmination of 18 prior movies / Incredibles 2: FINALLY the pixar sequel everyone wanted).

Ant-Man 2 kinda feels not important in comparison.

• Like 3

I dont see what the issue is, ant man 2 is making more than the first one, and that wasn't a bomb.  It's merely a small profit for the MCU instead of a big one.  And unlike Solo this movie will be profitable.

Did anybody really expect this movie to set the world on fire?  As long as it makes more than the first one, it's a win.

All that said I was a bit shocked to see how empty my theater was on Sat @ 7pm showing this movie.  Tons of empty seats... so eh?

I'm crushed. 76M is an increase from AM so it did the job, but under Doc Strange OW???? How the fuck? Under 80M???? I'm hoping that actual goes up but I don't expect it to hit 80M. 

I'm mostly crushed cause I see headlines already putting a negative spin - shrinking, frontloaded, etc. I blame critics for this OW too - they went overboard with calling it unimportant and inessential and inconsequential and what not even when they gave it fresh rating. 

I really didn't expect this. :sadno:

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

why the hell was this movie so frontloaded???

This doesn't make any sense.

Maybe because of infinity War? That gave AMW previews much bigger than he could normally do, but anyway it's weird because it's a very family friendly movie

Edited by Lucasmessi12
  • Like 1

That's the 5th worst opening for an MCU movie, worst for an MCU sequel and if you adjust for inflation, it's only barely bigger than the 1st outings of both Thor and Cap. Worst MCU IM as well. SUPERHERO FATIGUE :ph34r: (Though it's still an alright number, when we think about it.... but yeah.)