WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 92): Ant-Man and the Wasp 75.8M (#CRUMBLING EVEN MORE) | Jurassic World 28.6M | Incredibles 2 28.4M | The First Purge 17.4M

15 minutes ago, Mumen Rider said:

Tracking had it at $80m, it's about to open $20m above that.

Marvel continues to be underestimated.

Most people are still underestimating it, I feel that it will do a shocking opening weekend but I am not in a mood for writing more. Let the numbers speak....

13 would be fantastic for this. Marvel's really hitting out of the park this year. Would definitely put 100 on the table with a finish around 260. Although I wouldn't be disappointed either if this ended closer to 85/225

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, That One Guy said:

Got trailers for

-The Nun

-Sorry to Bother You

-Kin

-Nobody's Fool

-The Happytime Murders

-The Hate U Give

-Unfriended 2

-Halloween

btw I saw The First Purge not Ant-Man

7 trailers is just insane for a movie....

• Like 1

Tentatively predicting $105m OW, $280m NA, $470m OS for a $750m finish. China should pick up the UK slack.

If even Ant-Man 2 can pull these numbers imagine Captain Marvel. Another billy for MCU.

Edited by Mumen Rider
  • Like 2
  • Astonished 4

This movie is SO PLEASANT.  All the characters are so nice!  The action is dazzling.  There's tons of great stuff for kids and parents. Plus: Holy Shit that AIW/A4 hook.  11M is solid, and this should have a nice Saturday. 

Our theater showed the trailers for Dumbo (Meh) and First Man (Meh).  They ALSO showed the BTS Featurette of Mission Impossible Featuring Tom Cruise with the Helicopters.  Oh.  My.  Gawd.  My heart was POUNDING.  He's insane.  I'm so excited for MIF.  It looks bonkers.     

• Like 14

1 minute ago, captainwondyful said:

This movie is SO PLEASANT.  All the characters are so nice!  The action is dazzling.  There's tons of great stuff for kids and parents.

now look I enjoyed the movie and all but I'm not sure these are valid praises for The First Purge.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Astonished 1

5 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

This movie is SO PLEASANT.  All the characters are so nice!  The action is dazzling.  There's tons of great stuff for kids and parents. Plus: Holy Shit that AIW/A4 hook.  11M is solid, and this should have a nice Saturday.

Agreed. Its a good, fun movie, exactly what you'd expect from a solidly done sequel to the first Ant-Man. Not as many *jokes* as like GotG, but still very funny throughout. Perfect palate cleanser after A:IW, will probably do really well, but not great. The hook at the end is freaking dynamite.

Edited by Wrath
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Wrath said:

Agreed. Its a good, fun movie, exactly what you'd expect from a solidly done sequel to the first Ant-Man. Not as many *jokes* as like GotG, but still very funny throughout. Perfect palate cleanser after A:IW, will probably do really well, but not great. The hook at the end is freaking dynamite.

I also quite liked how there were times I wasn't laughing at the "jokes"/dialogue, but I was just laughing at the whole situation.  I was smiling a lot.  It just made me happy.  

THAT HOOK.  I went through the entire spectrum of emotions in like :30 seconds.  I also love the very last last last thing they do in the second after credit scene.  I was like, "Kevin/Marvel, I know you're deeply committed to your current #aesthetic, but really?" LOL.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, captainwondyful said:

I also quite liked how there were times I wasn't laughing at the "jokes"/dialogue, but I was just laughing at the whole situation.  I was smiling a lot.  It just made me happy.  

THAT HOOK.  I went through the entire spectrum of emotions in like :30 seconds.  I also love the very last last last thing they do in the second after credit scene.  I was like, "Kevin/Marvel, I know you're deeply committed to your current #aesthetic, but really?" LOL.

Watch the spoilers please. I’m not seeing it till Saturday night.

• Like 2