WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 92): Ant-Man and the Wasp 75.8M (#CRUMBLING EVEN MORE) | Jurassic World 28.6M | Incredibles 2 28.4M | The First Purge 17.4M

Just now, CoolEric258 said:

Sixth movie's gonna only be in 1350 theaters and be on digital a couple weeks later.

It will be called The Final Purge and be released in 3D.

5 minutes ago, baumer said:

I don't get this Paranormal 4 reference.  Can you explain a little?

Paranormal 4 was the first to show fatigue signs. That is literally all I meant.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, baumer said:

I don't get this Paranormal 4 reference.  Can you explain a little?

each installment brings a further sense of dread and runs the possibility of injecting a sour taste in ones mouth after $20 + 2hr spent.  Purge 4 and Purge 5 can be watched at home with subtitles.  

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Paranormal 4 was the first to show fatigue signs. That is literally all I meant.

Except each entry in the Purge series is better than the last and this is still gonna make shit loads of money?  There will be a Purge 5 that’ll decrease a little bit but still make shit loads of money.

Deadline 

5TH Writethru, Saturday after Friday 11:44 PM post: Overall a respectable opening for Disney/Marvel’s Ant-Man and the Wasp this weekend with projections currently showing an $82.4M 3-day which is 44% higher than the original title’s $57.2M opening. In addition Wasp‘s ticket sales are besting the low-end of tracking’s $75M forecast.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

The truly incredible thing about the box office so far this year is how much it is dominated by A) Marvel and B> Superhero movies in general.  Obviously it's not surprising that people are seeing super hero movies, they have been huge since 2008 and really before that.  But without looking it up, has there ever been a time in box office history when in the first 5 months of the year, three huge super hero movies were released and were all massive hits?  People talk about fatigue with other franchises, but Marvel had Black Panther in February and that is going to cross 700.  Then two months later it had IW and that is going to come close to 700 and then three weeks later Marvel and Fox put out Deadpool 2 and it is going to hit 320.  Add in The Incredibles 2, even though it is Pixar first and then Ant-Man and super hero movies are just killing it this year, maybe more than any other year in history.  Later this year we have Aquaman and if it can hit 200 million, it'll add to an already massive year for the genre.

Last year we had six super hero movies in the top 12 but the overall gross is nowhere near what it will be this year.  We still have Aquaman and Venom and they will both have a chance at more than 200 million so this year is going to be absolutely ridiculous for the grosses.  I know including I2 is cheating a little, but even if you take it out, this year still towers over last.  

Like it or not, super hero genre is here to stay and it's killing it at the box office.    

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

The truly incredible thing about the box office so far this year is how much it is dominated by A) Marvel and B> Superhero movies in general.  Obviously it's not surprising that people are seeing super hero movies, they have been huge since 2008 and really before that.  But without looking it up, has there ever been a time in box office history when in the first 5 months of the year, three huge super hero movies were released and were all massive hits?  People talk about fatigue with other franchises, but Marvel had Black Panther in February and that is going to cross 700.  Then two months later it had IW and that is going to come close to 700 and then three weeks later Marvel and Fox put out Deadpool 2 and it is going to hit 320.  Add in The Incredibles 2, even though it is Pixar first and then Ant-Man and super hero movies are just killing it this year, maybe more than any other year in history.  Later this year we have Aquaman and if it can hit 200 million, it'll add to an already massive year for the genre.

Last year we had six super hero movies in the top 12 but the overall gross is nowhere near what it will be this year.  We still have Aquaman and Venom and they will both have a chance at more than 200 million so this year is going to be absolutely ridiculous for the grosses.  I know including I2 is cheating a little, but even if you take it out, this year still towers over last.  

Like it or not, super hero genre is here to stay and it's killing it at the box office.    

But I was told: SuPeR HeRo FaTiGuE iS rEaL after Deadpool 2 opened by some media outlets. They were wrong. Again. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, baumer said:

The truly incredible thing about the box office so far this year is how much it is dominated by A) Marvel and B> Superhero movies in general.  Obviously it's not surprising that people are seeing super hero movies, they have been huge since 2008 and really before that.  But without looking it up, has there ever been a time in box office history when in the first 5 months of the year, three huge super hero movies were released and were all massive hits?

2016. Obviously DP, BvS, or CW weren't as big as Panther or Infinity but...

4 minutes ago, Nova said:

But I was told: SuPeR HeRo FaTiGuE iS rEaL after Deadpool 2 opened by some media outlets. They were wrong. Again. 

Wait till in 3 weeks if TTGTTM does not open to big superhero numbers some people will proclaim Superhero Fatigue!

5 minutes ago, baumer said:

Don't forget Mary Poppins to top off the year.  She has telekinesis, an unusual mirror-self-duplicating power, has ant-man's shrinking power as well as a version of Dr Strange's create an alternate reality power, and she can fly.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1