WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 92): Ant-Man and the Wasp 75.8M (#CRUMBLING EVEN MORE) | Jurassic World 28.6M | Incredibles 2 28.4M | The First Purge 17.4M

14 minutes ago, narniadis said:

I am getting so tired of this forum putting unrealistic expectations on films. Seriously yall get a grip. Ant Man was never doing 100m tracking never suggested it and precedent always suggested a 90m OW at the top.... some of yall poison the whole well by allowing your outlandish desires (for both booms and busts) to run amuck and it becomes hard for the rest of us to appreciate a good performance due to sorting out all the negativity. AM2 got both an IW and a sequel boost. 

Ant-Man and the Wasp opening under Solo A Star Wars Story? Omg. It’s over. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

WTF is Disney stalling for? They could've given BP an extra 75 screens and it would've topped $700M this weekend!😪

Well, a lot of theaters probably are not interested in playing a movie that has been on home video for two months now. 

46 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Or again opening after I2 and JW2 both over $150M OWs mind you, which targeted both of its main demos and despite not hitting $100M OW (which would’ve have to jump almost more than almost any other MCU movie to sequel) had an excellent sequel jump nonetheless.

Nah it had all the potential in the world for an over 100 million opening, which isn’t even outlandish or anything by today’s standards. Great marketing, amazing brand power (MCU) , great cast of both “young” and veteran actors covering every demographic and again it is my own personal opinion that the whole ant man concept , unlike what other people think, has big potential with today’s technology being used in films.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, narniadis said:

I am getting so tired of this forum putting unrealistic expectations on films. Seriously yall get a grip. Ant Man was never doing 100m tracking never suggested it and precedent always suggested a 90m OW at the top.... some of yall poison the whole well by allowing your outlandish desires (for both booms and busts) to run amuck and it becomes hard for the rest of us to appreciate a good performance due to sorting out all the negativity. AM2 got both an IW and a sequel boost. 

I agree. I over predicted the film (put 91mil in the Derby) but I'm not crying disappointment. I honestly think that the 100mil opening prediction came from some childish hope that Ant-Man opening with more than Justice League would be sticking it to Zack Snyder because of something he said that nerds completely overreacted to. Ant-Man and The Wasp is doing good but the silly idea that every Marvel film was going to make over 400mil from here on out took hold. I really hope these numbers bring people back to reality. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Nah it had all the potential in the world for an over 100 million opening, which isn’t even outlandish or anything by today’s standards. Great marketing, amazing brand power (MCU) , great cast of both “young” and veteran actors covering every demographic and again it is my own personal opinion that the whole ant man concept , unlike what other people think, has big potential with today’s technology being used in films.

Most of Ant-Man's stars fall under the category of "veterans." Paul Rudd has been in movies for more than 20 years and Evangeline Lilly's big breakthrough was Lost, which premiered 14 years ago and has been off the air for almost a decade.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, narniadis said:

I predicted 100 million and I'm not disappointed. :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Exactly - it is just your opinion.  You are the only one complaining the movie didn't open to over $100 mill.  It opened great - you are the only one disappointed - you seem to thrive on being disappointed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The only thing that really annoyed me were people thinking that AMAW was going to match Wonder Woman's 38mil opening day just because they had the same Thursday previews. That's not how things work. Comparing a sequel to a non sequel is bizarre and I wish people would stop doing it. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Catty said:

Exactly - it is just your opinion.  You are the only one complaining the movie didn't open to over $100 mill.  It opened great - you are the only one disappointed - you seem to thrive on being disappointed. 

Yes, I am obviously writing my opinion. Why should I care if I am the only one disappointed, which isn’t true anyway, one look at the predictions is enough. I am expressing my opinion in a nice manner without insulting anyone. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

The only thing that really annoyed me were people thinking that AMAW was going to match Wonder Woman's 38mil opening day just because they had the same Thursday previews. That's not how things work. Comparing a sequel to a non sequel is bizarre and I wish people would stop doing it. 

Not to mention WW was especially backloaded (is this a real term?) for a superhero movie - tracking was still in the 80-90 range on Friday before it exploded.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I agree. I over predicted the film (put 91mil in the Derby) but I'm not crying disappointment. I honestly think that the 100mil opening prediction came from some childish hope that Ant-Man opening with more than Justice League would be sticking it to Zack Snyder because of something he said that nerds completely overreacted to. Ant-Man and The Wasp is doing good but the silly idea that every Marvel film was going to make over 400mil from here on out took hold. I really hope these numbers bring people back to reality. 

Back to reality?

I wouldn't be surprised if Ant-Man 3 increases another 30-40 percent just like every Marvel sequel/threequel due to the well spun and newly minted team dynamic.

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 2

Rule of thumb for future films: If @Thrylos 7 is disappointed in a movie’s box office performance or ranting about how it should have done x,y or z then that means the movie is doing fantastic and no one should be worried about it. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 10

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

Back to reality?

I wouldn't be surprised if Ant-Man 3 increases another 30-40 percent like just a out every Marvel sequel/threequel due to the well spun and newly minted team dynamic.

I have that Zackwhatever guy on ignore but reading him talk about nerds through your quote is priceless. Fun fact AATW will still do better worldwide than justice league and come extremely close to the citizen Kane/apocalypse now/The Godfather/the best movie of all time Wonder Woman worldwide.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

5 minutes ago, Nova said:

Rule of thumb for future films: If @Thrylos 7 is disappointed in a movie’s box office performance or ranting about how it should have done x,y or z then that means the movie is doing fantastic and no one should be worried about it. 

Considering that person is disappointed with every single box office performance known to man I don't get why we even pay attention to him? And that's all I'm going to say because arguing with people on your ignore list is silly. There's a reason that I put him there.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 3