WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 92): Ant-Man and the Wasp 75.8M (#CRUMBLING EVEN MORE) | Jurassic World 28.6M | Incredibles 2 28.4M | The First Purge 17.4M

30 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Nah it had all the potential in the world for an over 100 million opening, which isn’t even outlandish or anything by today’s standards. Great marketing, amazing brand power (MCU) , great cast of both “young” and veteran actors covering every demographic and again it is my own personal opinion that the whole ant man concept , unlike what other people think, has big potential with today’s technology being used in films.

Again two huge films ($145M+ OW) that appeal to its demo opened prior that have satisfied audience beforehand. Not to mention again that’s too much of a jump for AM.

• Like 1

Okay I don't take Cinemascore seriously but I'm kinda baffled why Ant-Man and Wasp didn't get the usual Marvel A from the small amount of people surveyed? It's just a weird little thing to me.

Edited by Zakiyyah6

Is I2 smoking Rogue One this weekend or few days later? When that happens, RO will be out of Top 10. :hi5:

Mt girl Blue is kicking ass, JW2 will have a good retention from JW, no TLJ-like drop. 

Fingers crossed for unusually big jump for AM&TW today. I'm seeing it again in 2 hours. 

21 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Yes, I am obviously writing my opinion. Why should I care if I am the only one disappointed, which isn’t true anyway, one look at the predictions is enough. I am expressing my opinion in a nice manner without insulting anyone. 

As am I but you sure do get disappointed quite often when there are really no disappointments in sight.  Constant negativity can be tiresome.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Okay I don't take Cinemascore seriously but I'm kinda baffled why Ant-Man and Wasp didn't get the usual Marvel A from the small amount of people surveyed? It's just a weird little thing to me.

I mean, it IS slightly lower quality than most Marvel entries. Not a C cinemascore bad, but a notch below the past few Marvel movies:ph34r:

I was also surprised how many customers I talked to last night that said ''it was alright''. Nobody's outright disliked it that I talked to, but reactions aren't ecstatic. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I mean, it IS slightly lower quality than most Marvel entries. Not a C cinemascore bad, but a notch below the past few Marvel movies:ph34r:

I was also surprised how many customers I talked to last night that said ''it was alright''. Nobody's outright disliked it that I talked to, but reactions aren't ecstatic. 

Going to be interesting to see what the legs will be like.

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

West Coast

Well a lot of areas had record temps, especially LA. So, presales were already low here and walk ups probably didnt increase that much because of how hot it was. Also, some cities in LA county had power outages(mine fucking included, I was miserable all night in 110 degree temp). 

• Like 1