WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 92): Ant-Man and the Wasp 75.8M (#CRUMBLING EVEN MORE) | Jurassic World 28.6M | Incredibles 2 28.4M | The First Purge 17.4M

Not able to see Ant Man 2 this weekend, hope it does well though. The first is one of my favorite phase 2 films (Thor 3 is my favorite MCU film), going to see Ant Man 2 on Monday.

Avengers 3 was great, but the ending made me wish I didn't have to wait a year. (Black Panther was good, but not as great as people made it to be, GOTG2 was really fun meanwhile)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ACSlater said:

Ant-Man / Wasp time. 

Just saw it for a second time in 3 days because a friend wanted to watch it with me. Feels more dumb and repetitive when sober but still a lot more enjoyable than infinity clusterfuck. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Disbelief 1

My personal MCU rankings...

Grand Slam:

IW/BP

Homerun:

Ant-man 2/WS

GotG2/TA

Triple:

GotG2/TA

SMH/Strange/Ant-Man1

Double:

Thor 3/Cap 1

IM/Thor/GotG1/CW

Single:

IM3

Bunt:

TIH/AOU

Walk:

IM2

Strike out:

Thor 2

• Thanks 1

Keanu's performance in Much Ado :lol:  It's worse than in Bram Stoker's Dracula.  Love Winona Ryder but she's also a limited actress so his performance didn't stick out as much in Stoker.  But in Much Ado he's surrounded by like fucking Emma Thompson and Denzel Washington and Michael Keaton doing Shakespeare. 

I actually really like Keanu but has anyone ever gotten so far on so little talent? 

2 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

I love Keanu in Much Ado. I'm serious, and not being patronizing. The character literally has to do nothing but proclaim "I am the villain" and stare at people with contempt for 15 minutes, and I think Keanu is genuinely hilarious summoning all of his limited range for exactly that purpose. Keaton's much more out of his element imo. 

2 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

MS3KpJl.jpg

All is good

Awww.... you're so complimentary.  :cheekkiss:

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, AJG said:

I’ve got an idea.

why don’t we just have a dedicated thread on the main page where everyone can put their MCU rankings? 

We do. Every weekend :Venom:

11 minutes ago, StevenG said:

A 35 million Friday will lead only to 85-90 million OW? I don't believe it.

I see it more like, 35 Friday, 33 saturday, 28 Sunday= 96 million

But I can totally see this barely going above 100.

Actual Friday is $23.5M with that number and we're in July so tomorrow is definitely gonna see a bit of a dip from both Thursday previews and Friday combined. $90M is still possible if it holds well enough.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 2