WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 92): Ant-Man and the Wasp 75.8M (#CRUMBLING EVEN MORE) | Jurassic World 28.6M | Incredibles 2 28.4M | The First Purge 17.4M

23 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

So Ant Man is seriously about some guy who what, dresses up as an ant?  Shrinks to the size of an ant? Has an army of ants? Imagine paying for that. 

Nice troll bait, oscar bait mate.

7 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Hmm looks likeHollywoodis testing The Rock's star power with a bland,  cookie cutter recipe.

San Andreas swung well with heavy advertising the week of opening and opened above 50.  This was in the wake of a Jurassic World countdown on the tv ads and was then followed by a similar Wednesday countdown for Terminator Genysis.  Just like the Wednesday opening, Terminator Genisys opened with great nostalgia promising a Jurassic World like movie but then the remaining 2/3 of the film changed course.  I definitely enjoyed the hell out of the movie though. 

3 hours ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

Hmm. As soon as Empire and Rth start posting less, Gitesh’s sources dry up.  :kitschjob:

I told you guys before....Gitest and RTH are friends.  I wouldn't be surprised if RTH was his source.

• Like 2

Stan Lee took co-creator credit. DC took full credit.

I'm pretty sure Bill Finger would've chopped off a...limb...for co-creator credit.

Just saying Stan Lee is not a total monster.

He gave more credit than most comic book businessmen back in the day.

And he also invested himself into geek culture in ways thar kept many of these characters relevant for decades.

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

It was nice seeing vets like Fishburne, Douglas, and Phiferflex some blockbustsr muscle too.

Also everyone talks about Marvel being jokey stuff but these movies have ample heart too.

That s the weirdest thing, right ?

I keep hearing how Ant Man 2 is fun, fun, funny, funny, FUN !!!!

but, as usual, I ll prefer the VFX set pieces and the huge heart inside the characters and the quality story.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

So Ant Man is seriously about some guy who what, dresses up as an ant?  Shrinks to the size of an ant? Has an army of ants? Imagine paying for that. 

People dressed as insects is apparently cool these days. Back in my day it was just bats and arachnids. I have another idea for the comic books:

Why not have a cockroach man like in Powerpuff girls? :lol:

hqdefault.jpg

Here's a good origin story: 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6561372/cockroach-ear-doctor-remove-patient-shenzhen-china/ 

Edited by scoobysaurus
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, baumer said:

I told you guys before....Gitest and RTH are friends.  I wouldn't be surprised if RTH was his source.

Aww man. My life will be a lot more amusing if I can just pretend I never saw this post.

New update from Deadline says it's now on pace for 82 million.  Not sure what that translates to for Friday.

https://deadline.com/2018/07/ant-man-and-the-wasp-opening-box-office-overperform-marvel-1202422128/

4TH UPDATE, Friday 11:44 PM: Refresh for chart Overall a respectable opening for Disney/Marvel’s Ant-Man and the Wasp this weekend with projections currently showing an $81.5M 3-day which is 42% higher than the original title’s $57.2M opening. In addition Wasp‘s ticket sales are besting the low-end of tracking’s $75M forecast.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, baumer said:

New update from Deadline says it's now on pace for 82 million.  Not sure what that translates to for Friday.

https://deadline.com/2018/07/ant-man-and-the-wasp-opening-box-office-overperform-marvel-1202422128/

4TH UPDATE, Friday 11:44 PM: Refresh for chart Overall a respectable opening for Disney/Marvel’s Ant-Man and the Wasp this weekend with projections currently showing an $81.5M 3-day which is 42% higher than the original title’s $57.2M opening. In addition Wasp‘s ticket sales are besting the low-end of tracking’s $75M forecast.

Isn't that lower than they posted earlier?

• Like 1

81.5 would still be a 42.5% jump over the first film's opening. Like, it's definitely not as sexy as a $100 million opening would have been, but it's a sure sign that the MCU brand remains strong even in its relatively "lesser" outings.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, baumer said:

So its coming right in where its projected the first time then and its no walk up movie after all if those numbers hold. Still a nice jump from the first one. 

Edited by Quake