WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 92): Ant-Man and the Wasp 75.8M (#CRUMBLING EVEN MORE) | Jurassic World 28.6M | Incredibles 2 28.4M | The First Purge 17.4M

7 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Thought of the night that might trigger people: Ant Man and The Wasp will be the third biggest movie in July/August (behind Robin and HT3).

I could see a Robin breakout, but I really don't think HT3 will beat it. The other two capped out at sub-150, and while this has Summer weekdays, I don't think it's enough to cross 200 (while Ant-Man 2 will more than likely cross that mark or at the very least beat the original's 190).

If anything, Fallout will be the one to beat it and push it down to 2nd/3rd, not HT3.

@AndyK It would be a turd if it was actually a flat out bad number and indicative of a flop. It's none of those things, it's just a pretty shocking disappointment. Movie's still gonna make O/U 200M DOM and like 3 or 4 times its budget WW.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I could see a Robin breakout, but I really don't think HT3 will beat it. The other two capped out at sub-150

The second one made $169m.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cookie said:

The second one made $169m.

Oh, my bad. Well, I still don't think it does too much more than that. Especially when the OW is going be very much on par, at best a couple of millions higher. 180-190 type thing maybe due to the impact of Summer weekdays? And that seems fairly optimistic imo.

15 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

In terms of origin story and personality - MCU Strange is more discount (deep bin discount) Iron Man

In terms of origin and personality, MCU Stephen Strange is a discount Tony Stark.

5 minutes ago, baumer said:

I'm going down with the ship and stubbornly sticking to The Rocks Die Hard opening to more than 45.

It's running at 83% of Rampage's presales on Fandango fwiw. That iceberg is veeeeeeeeeery close to the ship :sparta: 

Edited by WrathOfHan

26 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

It's running at 83% of Rampage's presales on Fandango fwiw. That iceberg is veeeeeeeeeery close to the ship :sparta: 

It has already hit it. At this point it is slowly sinking into the Ocean.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Skyscraper will likely make decent coin overseas even if it severely underperforms here (which is looking likely at this point).

That was probably the plan. It's also co-produced by a chinese company.

1 hour ago, nevermore said:

That was probably the plan. It's also co-produced by a chinese company.

Not only the movie events being in Asia, but also looking at the last 2 Die Hards they were quite intl driven, the one in 2013:

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $67,349,198    22.1%
Foreign:  $237,304,984    77.9%

Worldwide:  $304,654,182