sfran43

Tuesday's Numbers:

3 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Wanna bet ? 

At what performance at the box office something is in crushing category vs 657m WW ? 750+ ? It does sound unlikely.

I have read many many message about ant-man not being a flop, all ok, etc.... but does any serious person ever said otherwise ? To who (non-troll) those message are addressed to ?

Edited by Barnack

6 minutes ago, Barnack said:

At what performance at the box office something is in crushing category vs 657m WW ? 750+ ? It does sound unlikely.

I have read many many message about ant-man not being a flop, all ok, etc.... but does any serious person ever said otherwise ? To who (non-troll) those message are addressed to ?

Yeah, this seems to happen pretty regularly, a movie does less than stellar and a handful of people get defensive in a way.  Trying to fend off their own disappointment maybe?

Funny thing is if everyone was reasonable there would be way less to talk about around here, so I don't really mind these kinds of quirks.

• Like 3

Just now, MattW said:

Yeah, this seems to happen pretty regularly, a movie does less than stellar and a handful of people get defensive in a way.  Trying to fend off their own disappointment maybe?

Funny thing is if everyone was reasonable there would be way less to talk about around here, so I don't really mind these kinds of quirks.

Am I supposed to be one of the people that get defensive ? If nothing less I am the exact opposite , I actually overstate when something does less than my expectations and haven’t shied away from the fact that I find AATW performance disappointing. That doesn’t mean that I can’t have fun with a butthurt fanboy like Napoleon who has been crying for years every time a dccu movie underperforms or outright flops and is trying to have fun with a movie that will do better than his darlings.

• Like 2

Making more than Justice League is nothing special anymore.. The other DCEU films have done it. A lower budget R-rated comic book movie with no 3d and no China have done it...sooooo...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Disbelief 1

53 minutes ago, a2k said:

solo 400+ ww on 300+ prod budget.

jleague 658 ww on 300 prod budget

am2 600-650 ww on 162 prod budget. (ww can go higher than 650 but being safe)

am2 is a hit whether folks like it or not.

jleague seemingly lost money and can arguably get the flop tag.

solo was an out and out flop.

to compare am2 with solo is laguable. makes you look like a trooll (troll + tool)

Oh fuck, so now it's going to be 400+ ww for Solo? No! What happened to under 400M? Japan, you traitors! It's still an embarrassing bomb but should have been even more pathetic. :rant:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hades said:

Making more than Justice League is nothing special anymore.. The other DCEU films have done it. A lower budget R-rated comic book movie with no 3d and no China have done it...sooooo...

No one said it's special. Just that it's going to be a profitable movie (aka not a flop).

29 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Am I supposed to be one of the people that get defensive ? If nothing less I am the exact opposite , I actually overstate when something does less than my expectations and haven’t shied away from the fact that I find AATW performance disappointing. That doesn’t mean that I can’t have fun with a butthurt fanboy like Napoleon who has been crying for years every time a dccu movie underperforms or outright flops and is trying to have fun with a movie that will do better than his darlings.

Not true.

This isn't the franchise wars thread. Knock this kinda stuff off or you'll get a threadban.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2018/07/11/box-office-avengers-infinity-war-black-panther-jurassic-world-ant-man-wasp-incredibles/

Ant-Man and the Wasp shot up an impressive 42% from its $6.9 million Monday gross. That gave the MCU sequel a $10m Tuesday and a solid $92m five-day total.

Edited by raulbalarezo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, raulbalarezo said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2018/07/11/box-office-avengers-infinity-war-black-panther-jurassic-world-ant-man-wasp-incredibles/

Ant-Man and the Wasp shot up an impressive 42% from its $6.9 million Monday gross. That gave the MCU sequel a $10m Tuesday and a solid $92m five-day total.

hey, Scott, what happened to AM&TW Will Make Less Than AM? Eh? 

He's such a clickbait it's embarrassing. isn't Forbes supposed to be a serious magazine? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6.2 (-38%)

5.6 (-10%)

8.5 (+52%)

11.1 (+30%)

8.8 (-21%)

= 28.4 (-62.5%)

If AM2 can manage a low 60s 2nd weekend drop like SMH, a 2.86x movie, I would be pleasently surprised.