baumer

Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation (2018)

Grade it  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

Fun for the most part. Gremlin Air had me cackling, the DJ battle is the kind of thing that wins you over with the sheer commitment to the bit (and I knee-jerk groaned at that final song choice but credit where it's due, still couldn't help but laugh), and who needs forced emotional arcs when you can have amusingly macabre set-pieces like Erica's attempts to kill Dracula? I dunno why Tartakovsky has only now gotten around to writing one of these himself but finally the result is not a waste of time.

• Like 1

I think all three movies are pretty disposable overall but I really like their style and the voice actors are always giving some pretty fun performances. Helps that they all have a little bit of heart in their cores as well.

I think I'd agree that this one is the best. Tartakovsky goes more and more in on his style in each entry and this one just goes nuts with it. The opening with Gaffigan's Van Helsing was cracking me up. Everything about that character, voice and design, worked perfectly for me. Him and the blue tooth joke in the second one are my favourite parts of the franchise. The frantic pace gets a little exhausting but I'm only there for 90 minutes so it doesn't quite wear out its welcome. But yeah, it's fine. 

• Like 1