YM!

Weekend Thread | Hotel 3 $44.1 Skyscraper 25.4, Ant Man’s size does matter with $28.8M

1 minute ago, Pandamia! said:

Hotel Transylvania is one of the most consistent low-tier franchises out there, it’s hit in the same opening range each movie

I saw the first one and it was crap (and also ended in the unforgivable sin of an animated dance sequence).

Does anyone know if the films get better?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pandamia! said:

Hotel Transylvania is one of the most consistent low-tier franchises out there, it’s hit in the same opening range each movie

It's basically become the new Ice Age but without an extremely popular character ala Scrat (although the presence of so many famous monsters probably negates that). Now we'll have to wait and see when it shows signs of diminishing returns: the Ice Age series didn't until it full-on imploded with the final movie.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AJG said:

I saw the first one and it was crap (and also ended in the unforgivable sin of an animated dance sequence).

Does anyone know if the films get better?

I'm sure someone does but I couldn't tell you

These are the only Sandler flicks I haven't seen

Just now, filmlover said:

Congrats on being that brave soul who endured Jack & Jill.

It's gotten so much worse with the Netflix stuff, believe it or not

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chewy said:

I'm sure someone does but I couldn't tell you

These are the only Sandler flicks I haven't seen

Jesus. The only good Sandler movie is Zohan which is one of the best comedies of 21st century. 

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 1

10 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It's basically become the new Ice Age but without an extremely popular character ala Scrat (although the presence of so many famous monsters probably negates that). Now we'll have to wait and see when it shows signs of diminishing returns: the Ice Age series didn't until it full-on imploded with the final movie.

Ice Age was pretty large though, especially WW, and it showed some DOM diminishing returns.

Hotel Transylvania hasn’t done anything all that impressive WW or DOM, it’s just done fine and profitable.  It’s like statically in the black, doing fine but unremarkable numbers.

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Congrats on being that brave soul who endured Jack & Jill.

Jack & Jill is nothing compared to almost all his Netflix movies. The Do-Over is a sin committed to camera. Sample this from the review, and this scene comes after a scene where David Spade walks in on his wife cheating on him by dominating a guy from behind while his fat twin sons are masturbating in their bunk bed 

Breasts inevitably lead us back to balls, specifically Luis Guzman's sweaty testicles. Can cinema go much further than these dangling hairy orbs? (Likely a pair of stunt nuts — perhaps even a prosthetic, though Stan Winston could hardly have done a finer job.) Shakespearean odes could be written to these hirsute gonads, especially the way they lean slightly right, so that a dribble of perspiration hits Spade squarely on the face. What's the context, you may ask? A mere word will suffice: threesome. Yes, a Spade/Guzman menage a trois. Don't worry, homophobes. There's a woman in between them. And never fear, men's-rights activists, she knows her penile-worshipping place.

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 2

3 minutes ago, AJG said:

Jesus. The only good Sandler movie is Zohan which is one of the best comedies of 21st century. 

Punch-Drunk Love is easily Sandler's best film. Anger Management, Reign Over Me, The Wedding Singer and to a lesser degree 50 First Dates are also good films. The rest of his filmography is largely wretched.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Worse than Little Nicky?  I find that difficult to believe.

Listen, it's all bad but there's depths to the badness. If you want a serious existential crisis throw on the Do-Over

• Astonished 1

3 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

Punch-Drunk Love is easily Sandler's best film. Anger Management, Reign Over Me, The Wedding Singer and to a lesser degree 50 First Dates are also good films. The rest of his filmography is largely wretched.

RANK THE HAPPY MADISON FILMS!!!!!!!!