YM!

Weekend Thread | Hotel 3 $44.1 Skyscraper 25.4, Ant Man’s size does matter with $28.8M

16 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

It's a shame because it was a much better film, I really hope romcoms can make a comeback but the only one on the horizon is Isn't it Romantic and the Danny Boyle/Richard Curtis film

The future of romcoms is streaming. Set it Up was very buzzy for Netflix.

BOP predictions and TCs: https://pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-tracking-nun-looks-continue-conjuring-success/

The Nun: 40/96 (OW range of 35-50M)

Peppermint: 12/33.5

The Equalizer, Mamma Mia, and Christopher Robin all saw increases while everything else through August 3 has been lowered

Mission Impossible: 4,000

Teen Titans: 3,400

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

BOP predictions and TCs: https://pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-tracking-nun-looks-continue-conjuring-success/

The Nun: 40/96 (OW range of 35-50M)

Peppermint: 12/33.5

The Equalizer, Mamma Mia, and Christopher Robin all saw increases while everything else through August 3 has been lowered

Mission Impossible: 4,000

Teen Titans: 3,400

The Nun is similar to what they had It pegged for 2 months out 🤔

I saw HT3 yesterday at 5:00 and loved it. Only like 25 people including me in a theatre of a capacity around 300. 

Going to see Skyscraper at 2:20 today. In a theatre with a capacity of 110. But it’s a nice one with recliner seats.. the only one in town. So it should sell out. If not.. eek Skyscraper. 

2 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

I thought he gave a legit great performance in Pain & Gain. The Rock's earnestness and enthusiasm + a character who's a psychopath = amazing. I remember watching Central Intelligence and wishing it had been a dark comedy too by taking his character in that direction, even if the result wouldn't have made any money. 

I almost posted the same exact thing earlier today. Incredibly underrated performance.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Skyscraper is mega bombing. Not even Dwayne has box office pull these days goddamn. 

The days of starpower have long been in the past. The only person who can really sell anything these days, as mentioned, is Leo, but he's very selective/scarcely-seen and the projects he takes on actually feel special.

• Like 1

Honestly, I think Skyscraper's under-performance has a lot less to do with The Rock's star power than it does with how thoroughly generic the whole thing looks. They might as well have expanded the title to the redundant but probably accurate "Die Hard in a Skyscraper." 

Spoiler

Too bad its under-performance means we won't get a sequel called Bus, which could alternately have been called "Speed on a Bus."

Edited by Webslinger
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Biggestgeekever said:

15315037538694163935094099709444.jpg

This is gonna blow the fuck up in October.

I'm not super sold on the visual. Looks a bit amateurish compared to other F/X on CBMs.

It's the story they plan to tell that places the concept of Venom as a reality w/o there being any tie to Spider-man that has my radar up. Why would he have a semi-Spidey look if never connected to Spidey?

• Like 1