grim22

The Curse of La Llorona | April 19 2019 | WB/New Line | James Wan producing

4 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

This does not look good. The title narration doesn't help either.

I hope this is just bad teaser-trailer (Wan choose Chaves like a C3 director, it means something). It doesn't sell the movie.

ALSO: It's a Latin American folklore, yes? So why I don't see any of this folklore stuff (which would help teaser to be distinctive and different in a good sense) in the teaser? Bad move. 

Edited by KeepItU25071906

20 hours ago, NamakFiskKa said:

The Scare Diego clip was received very positively more than The Nun one.

I made that remark mostly because I'm bored with how many horror movies are handled in this decade, particularly those involving demons or ghosts.

Speaking of which, I didn't care for this trailer either. It just seemed too predictable.

Edited by NoobSaibot

On 10/13/2018 at 3:39 PM, JGAR4LIFE said:

Yup. If done right, this is breaking out big time in Latin America.

After seeing that teaser (unless it's just really misleading and badly done) I'm pretty sure Latinos will sit this one out. A shame because this could've been Horror's Coco. 

Better luck next time.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

Yeah. Either Wan’s really typecasting or the movie actually is a part of The Conjuring Universe. 

I looked it up. It's the same actor and both characters are named Father Perez.  So unless that's a huge coincidence, I'd say he is the same character. 

• Like 1

I am lowkey annoyed...like this a part of my culture. Grew hearing this story all the time, and to see one of the leading faces being a white woman? Why couldn't Patricia Velasquez, star of the iconic The Mummy and The Mummy Returns, be the lead?

Like...respectful to the origins? Why it gotta be white then...?

• Like 1

I think they should've gotten Elizabeth Rodriguez from Fear The Walking Dead and Logan to play the lead.

What a missed opportunity. No matter how good Linda Cardellini is -- I'm sure she's a fine actress -- it's still a missed opportunity to have cast a Hispanic actress as the lead.

• Like 1

This got big reactions at my Halloween show. Probably will be a decent sized hit. 

Actually to be honest most of the noice and buzz seemed to come from when “James Wan” came up on the screen which was a pleasant surprise

3 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Really bad reactions to the trailer video on twitter, each of the comments have thousands of likes. They whitewashed it and it’s back firing already

Honestly, this is only the twitter strom. Nothing more. Outside twitter it has good reactions in general.

Anyway, this is the rare case, where I'm agree with sjw

Edited by KeepItU25071906
  • Like 1