grim22

The Curse of La Llorona | April 19 2019 | WB/New Line | James Wan producing

21 hours ago, AndyLL said:

I won't speak for Baumer but comments like the above are a big part of the problem.

Are  James Wan and Michael Chaves 'white men'?  You are doing exactly what you accuse Baumer of... looking only from your perspective and using that perspective to push an agenda.

Again... assumptions, agendas, and broad offensive comments...

Unlike most here, when this controversy came up I went out and tried to find out what I could about the movies setting, characters and plot.  There is very little out there other then the high level summary and the teaser.

Really... the only confirmed 'Latin character'  is La Llorona.  A Latino was cast in that role.  Latino's/Hispanic's were cast in several other leading roles.

We know almost nothing about Linda Cardelini's character.  We don't know if she is Hispanic, part Hispanic, a member of an extended Hispanic family... or white.

We have no idea if the movie has anything to do with the Hispanic/Latino culture at all outside of the antagonist being from a Latino folktale.

I love how people here throw out names of who producers should cast as if this is a CAYOM movie.

We have no idea of what they were looking for in a character... who wanted to be the character... who they auditioned for the character... 

What we do know is that a few people on social media that don't know any more about the movie then I do decided to be offended before knowing if they should be offended and plenty of members here read on social media that they should be offended and jumped on the bandwagon.

Maybe we should wait to see if Cardelini's is playing an Hispanic character and if the ethnicity has anything to do with the plot before getting offended.  And at that time if offended take it to the appropriate thread.  (the diversity in Hollywood thread)

are you telling me people online are getting offended for the sake of getting offended? in 2018? No way 

the problem with Facebook is it allows everyone to have an opinion but most people are stupid or attention seekers that really shouldn't share their opinions 

best thing to do is troll them

Edited by Jessie

1 hour ago, Jessie said:

are you telling me people online are getting offended for the sake of getting offended? in 2018? No way 

the problem with Facebook is it allows everyone to have an opinion but most people are stupid or attention seekers that really shouldn't share their opinions 

best thing to do is IGNORE them

• Thanks 1

https://variety.com/2019/film/festivals/pet-sematary-sxsw-closing-night-film-1203130087/

Buried deep within this article

SXSW also announced Wednesday it will hold the world premiere of New Line’s horror-thriller “The Curse of La Llorona,” directed by Michael Chaves.