darthdevidem01

Friday Estimates (1:30PM Update) -- JC ($9.5-11m), Lorax ($9-9.5m)

Latest from Nikki:

The Lorax (Universal) Week 2 [3,746 Theaters]

Est Friday $9.6M, Est Weekend $40M

John Carter (Disney) NEW [3,749 Theaters]

Est Friday $9.9M, Est Weekend $28M

Silent House (Open Road) NEW [1,890 Theaters]

Est Friday $2.4M, Est Weekend $6M

A Thousand Words (Paramount) NEW [2,124 Theaters]

Est Friday $1.8M, Est Weekend $5.4M

http://www.deadline....midnight-shows/

Edited by darthdevidem01

I was actually expecting the estimates to be like 3-5 million for JC but that's like the losing team making a layup to cut the lead to 48 instead of 50.

Edited by DAR

That's where I predicted both films would end up for the weekend. I'm kinda shocked some of you were really expecting $5M for JC. I thought $8M minimum.And can A Thousand Words actually hit $10M? Jeez.

Edited by RichWS

So around one showing out in the PST and she has the weekend "predictions." Cause that's all they are. No one knows for sure where it will end up yet. Remember when Menace was supposed to hit 33 mill and it came in at 22?Yea, that's where i think it's going.

It's fun to debate it until Variety or THR give their numbers.By the way, I can't believe the forum isn't going crazy today. I thought March 9th was Armageddon around here!

Edited by RichWS

If these numbers hold then all the new releases seem to be exceeding the tracking but it is too early for weekend predictions so we'll see. My guess is that both JC and Lorax will be either very close to 10 million FRI or exceed it.